DDS Crew London

Guest SE4_2002

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont do pieces, i am a photographer. I Have been taking photos since 85 and have seen more burners......... and suckers come and go longer than you and your mates have been writing put together. Look back to pre 1990 if you want to see what london graff is really about. Nuff said

so you feel you have the right, as someone who cant even hold a can of paint with co ordination and any sort of style, to completely neglect the very impact and determination that some of these writers have had on the scene, having to produce these things under tighter forms of security and painting under exteme duress, producing tight pieces and flexing all these new(at the time) styles, and you come out with some 'because i was around into this shit when you were in diapers' bullshit, you know what youre a joke to me, you just sound like youre clinging onto the past too hard because you know noone else can dispute what was going on, well fuck you fool, me and my mates have played our part, taken all the consequences, and yes some of them were painting pre 90, so im not comming at you naively, ive been to the old school yards and checked pieces that had stayed hidden ever since they were painted in 'the golden years', so dont patronise me, sounds like ive done a fair bit more then you in graffiti, so shut up and whine somewhere else

I have never said anything about how much these cats have 'got up' or the determination they or you have in graff. You missed my point, people in the 80's were about burning and developing their style, where as the above mentioned just do the same shit over and over again. And from someone who is trying to document this crazy artform it does get boring seeing the same piece everytime with no variation. I can remember when the wall under Trellick tower was done, that was world class, even though i did get vamped for my camera once down there but it was worth it!

you have completely missed the point with some of these writers, its coming from a bombers perspective, you lay out a finely honed piece many times in all areas, then what do you have? an iconic image that transends areas, fuck, people dont even know where they saw your piece it could have been one of hunderds, youre just FUCKING up, and believe theres enough people out there oozing just as much style as there was way back when to keep any nostalgic fool entertained, you just cant be sitting on one platform knowing youll see something, youve got to put in some considerable time and effort to see this shit, = so i tell you what, you actually make half an effort to get out and really document some pieces 'mr photograffer', then come back with some proportional opinions, i just cant fucking stand this type of back seat driving from cunts that havent risked their lives day in day out and lost friends to jail and the sky above, so please mate, grow some brain cell before you write back to this

Prisoner,

i think you have missed the point. Take a train ride down any line and all you see is shite dubs. And before you start giving me a lecture about me doing this blah, blah, blah, open your eyes everything looks toy. You honestly get inspired to paint when you look around? Yes people are doing loads of damage and are busting their balls in doing so and making sacrifices, but at the end of the day it is still toy. Just because i only take pictures doesnt mean that i dont know about 'style', are you saying that henry chalfant and martha cooper dont know shit? i have travelled to most Euro cities, and what they paint legal or illegal fucking shits on anything done in this country, or more to the point london. Like i said in a previous post what was being done here in the 80's was rocking and burning forward, then the 'dds' factor (bombing & more bombing) sent the style factor to what it is today, shite dubs that are all the same. Yes they have done loads, but it looks toy. We are fucking lightyears in mentality and capabilities behind the rest of Europe. so if you still think i am a wanker, whatever. graff in this country sucks and i aint wasting any more film or time until something decent is done.

Originally posted by bollocks@Oct 11 2004, 09:44 PM

Prisoner,

i think you have missed the point. Take a train ride down any line and all you see is shite dubs. And before you start giving me a lecture about me doing this blah, blah, blah, open your eyes everything looks toy. You honestly get inspired to paint when you look around? Yes people are doing loads of damage and are busting their balls in doing so and making sacrifices, but at the end of the day it is still toy. Just because i only take pictures doesnt mean that i dont know about 'style', are you saying that henry chalfant and martha cooper dont know shit? i have travelled to most Euro cities, and what they paint legal or illegal fucking shits on anything done in this country, or more to the point london. Like i said in a previous post what was being done here in the 80's was rocking and burning forward, then the 'dds' factor (bombing & more bombing) sent the style factor to what it is today, shite dubs that are all the same. Yes they have done loads, but it looks toy. We are fucking lightyears in mentality and capabilities behind the rest of Europe. so if you still think i am a wanker, whatever. graff in this country sucks and i aint wasting any more film or time until something decent is done.

Blah blah blah...shut up you take photos of something you know nothing about. Your the worst kind of critic you can have, a never was, never will be wanker. Fuck off please..

Originally posted by bollocks@Oct 11 2004, 09:46 PM

Prisoner,

tox is a prime example, shiteloads of damage, looks like the talent of a 3 year old.

I rest my case, nuff said

I think he's got a point actually (and deep down I think we all do) London is miles behind the rest of europe in terms of style...get a rail card, check out Hamburg, Barcelona or Paris, then come back to London and see if you feel any different. Brighton and Nottingham are moving forward, but london? Shit. The only decent crews to have come out of london in the last 5 years are DPM and ATG. End of.

Originally posted by DeadPonies@Oct 11 2004, 07:54 PM

Sorry, just to clarify: The only decent ILLEGAL crews to have come out of london in the last 5 years are DPM and ATG and on occasion STD.

Look at the london graff scene now hardly any 1 is doing anything the only people witha bit of determination is atg i.e. rest and panik dpm i.e neas etc. and cos and take at the rate everything is getting buffed there will be wank all left in a couple of years and all it will probably be is a wack chrome and black

Archived