i know this dude ABNO you should look at his stuff

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think the term influence is getting confused with the term biting. The sad thing is that the criticism is coming from a lot of underqualified Siskel and Eberts. I look at this guys shit and it's just as good as the shit you've all been sweating from "big name" writers. The comparisons should be obvious. Think of like the most sweated, talked about writers doing freights and compare this unknown kid to them. Not much difference, but none of you know who he is, so hardly anyone cares.

There's more unknown and unrealized talent out there than you can shake a stick at. It's too bad most kids need to see them in Scribble magazine before they're taken seriously.

Originally posted by Blackdeath:

...the criticism is coming from a lot of underqualified Siskel and Eberts. I look at this guys shit and it's just as good as the shit you've all been sweating from "big name" writers. The comparisons should be obvious. Think of like the most sweated, talked about writers doing freights and compare this unknown kid to them. Not much difference, but none of you know who he is, so hardly anyone cares.

There's more unknown and unrealized talent out there than you can shake a stick at. It's too bad most kids need to see them in Scribble magazine before they're taken seriously.

the difference between this guy and the famous writers is that they got their style through development from the bottom up. its about evolving. anyone with an ill original burner will have the matching ill handstyle next to it. this guys flicks may look good to you bc he can take dope styles and change them into his name. his flicks look like scribble magazine to me. a2m, blis, nace, five, atom ba, gore b are the "influences" i see. i dont want be negative or discouraging bc i do want to see what he's doing now. i actually hope he keeps painting.

actualy, i know of quite a few famous writers that have no handstyle and never worked it from the ground up, never put in work, and just played the stamp licker game.

more than you might realise.

as for abno he's been writing for a few years now and ive payed attention to some of his development. as for the styles hes supposedly biting, some of those names up there are pals with abno, and others are just plain influential people.

im not saying i love his shit or he is 100% organic graffiti boy, but if you can find me one writer out there who never got influence ill give you money.

some of the famous writers that people sweat so much have a style that can be traced back to the same four people.

all im saying is ease up. hes painting and its pretty apparent that hes trying new things here and there. there are enough different styles up there to show that.

thats more than you could say about alot of "famous" writers.

------------------

"Rain, it's rain again, rain down on my parade, i'm wrong you're right it's not what you would do - walk one mile in these shoes..."

Guest beardo

well shoot darn! had i known the artist was going to get bent, i woulnt have posted them!

for the record, i DO have a pile of about 50-60 flicks, these are the ones that speak to me.

Guest goreguts

That 3-d doesn't look anything like Daim's style. I also know for a fact that Abno's been rockin' about 3-4 trains per week(if not more) for quite a while. He's definately a new writer, but at least he's not another toy getting too much respect for jocking some MSK style. Your opinions are worthless.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived