Travelling to San Francisco

ana

So I'm going to San Fran pretty quick and would like some useful tidbits of info like good places to eat, good places to go, good places to catch some graf, etc... If you'd help a girl out, I'd be very grateful.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you want some good resturants check out the richmond district on like geary street...some good shit there...theres others too but they are in richer neighborhoods, or you can eat in the lower class neighborhoods with all the smelly people and shit...the most middle class would prolly be the Avenues on like geary

These are my favorite east bay and SF spots to eat:

Cafe Colucci (Ethiopian - Oakland/Berkeley) I swear I think this one is the best I've ever had.

Vik's and Shan (Indian - Berkeley) You gotta go to viks if you're down. that's all there is to it.

Black Muslim Bakery (Tofu Burgers! - Oakland) A little hard to get to, but YUMMY YUM, healthy and cheap!

Golden Lotus & Golden Era (veg. vietnamese in both Oak & SF) All I can say is: Vegan chocolate cake!

Castallito, Faralito, Gordo & Cancun Taquerias for burritos y tacos in SF - you gotta have burritos out here (that is, if you're not from: LA, San Diego, Mexico, or New Mexico).

and there's so many more, it just depends on what your in the mood for, or if you have any 'dietary restrictions'. I'm vegetarian so I'm not going to recommend any steak houses or fish grottos...

For people who live here, what are your favorite spots to eat?

Guest sneak

i went to san fran last year, and fuckin loved i think it was called louis diner?

it was near the macys near union square....maybe regulator can tell if im rigght or not?

Originally posted by I Luv Roo

Golden Lotus & Golden Era (veg. vietnamese in both Oak & SF) All I can say is: Vegan chocolate cake!

For people who live here, what are your favorite spots to eat?

GOLDEN LOTUS! that is sooo my spot. love that place!

its all about those cheap pizza parlors dotted around SF where they sell pizza by the slice

i dont really know any good resturants....but if your in SF....TRY DIM SUM!!!!! the dim sum here is the shit, way better than the shit out in NY or other places.....theres tons of good dim sum places, try the embarcadero, upper geary street, or chinatown

Thanks for all the tips. I am kinda fregan and my friend is vegan so yeah steakhouses wouldn't really work. Forgive my ignorance but I've never actually had dim sun. What is it? Vegan? Veggie?

dim sum can be vegan. but mainly they have shrimp or pork dim sum. you can add whatever you want in dim sum. you just have to find the right place.

i'm not vegan, but i have plenty of friends that are. i'll ask them for a restaurant.

Originally posted by ana

Thanks for all the tips. I am kinda fregan and my friend is vegan so yeah steakhouses wouldn't really work. Forgive my ignorance but I've never actually had dim sun. What is it? Vegan? Veggie?

DIM SUM IS THE SHIT!! its basically chinese food that served in the morning....theres no chow mein or fried rice and shit....the DIM SUM menu consists mostly of steamed dumplings, each filled differently, theres shrimp dumpings, beef, veggie, veggie/meat, theres so many...and they so fuckin good....they wheel around carts and shit filled with different dim sum, and you get to pick them off the cart instead of ordering from a weighter....the tea also kicks ass......you can eat it in NY and LA and shit....but SF hands down has the best dim sum, you should try it

Guest FromTheHeart

I'm glad I came across this post flipping through the archives. I'll bump this and hope some of you guys bother to check it out again and are in the right mood...

This is kinda a desperate plea, typed with one hand the other with my fingers crossed, that someone could make things alot easier than they have to be for me in a couple of weeks....Lets keep a short story ,short: This past week I was basically evicted from MY FAMILY and somewhere in between all the agony of dealing with all the shit going down around here, I felt at peace .. as I came to the truth of my life and the conviction that I'm ready to do something different with it .. my one shot at it.

I'm tired of having to rely on unstable people and living in their crummy hands... If anyone in Frisco reading this wants to give a Jersey Boy a shot at a workplace thats all I need ... Give me the opportunity and I'll seize it.. if you wanna help me out but can't i'd appreciate even so little as classfieds or any other helpful info.. I'd truly appreciate ANY help , for real

-onelife

Guest Pilau Hands

I just got back from a 20day romp

I loved everywhere I went in the bay

And I want to head back as soon as possible

Gordo's Taqueria

College St. in Berkeley

BURRITOS!

I fuckin love the bay.

love.

Guest Pilau Hands

i was informed that the College St.

one is definitely the best of all the locations.

it could all be hearsay.

there was incredible food EVERYWHERE

in the bay. There's a Crepe place in the Mission

that's out of control good. Not that expensive

either. Blue outside, French looking place,

double stacked doors.

sheck it ouuuuut

Archived