Thift Store Shopping...

DEE38

Throughout the years, I've treated thrift stores as a source for real vintage clothing and accesories... and now, being the semi poor college student that I am.. went shopping at some thift shop yesterday.. and started to think.

Damn... is unnessesary thift store shopping robbing the less fortunate out of their gear?? I mean, i'm not super poor, I could still afford a pair of jeans once a month for 50 bucks at the mall.... but instead I buy two pairs at the thrift shop for under 20. Am I supposed to just stick to overpriced Levi jeans, and spare the people with lesser budgets their 2 pairs of jeans that I would of bought?

But whatever, it's just me high again, thinking about unnessisary shit. Where are my thift store shoppers?? I do admit I find alot of cool shit there.. I love it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

word up jigsaw!

yesterday i bought some dope fucking pants with some india looking designs on the bottom... and this ill khaki skirt.

also.. at another shop that sells new stuff as well as vintage.. i bought this really kick ass ballchained bracelet with a huge heart on it that says fighter on one side... and lover on the other.. in sorta like lower old english.

okay this thread will now turn into: DOPE SHIT U FOUND AT THIFT STORES.

Guest professor poopatronic

this is where i'm supposed to say "word up". my entire wardrobe consists of thrift store goods or stolen GQ funboy gear. you can find the raddest jeans at thrift stores. right now it's very trendy for companies to make their jeans all faded and worn ot looking, but at a thrift shop you can get old wranglers that actually are old and worn out for a very authentic look. everybody will think they're diesel jeans that you paid $130 for.

-Black and white nike dunks (i just re-sold them for $25 )

-Jeans

-White button down shirts in a size 14 (very hard to find )

-Old Vintage T-Shirts (Kiss,Rolling stones etc)

-Sweatshirts

-Assortment of striped shirts

The list keeps going, I prefer however to dwindle in garage sale bartering, as well as swap meets.

Thrift stores rock. Almost better is garage sales though. At garage sales people sell shit for real cheap cause they are just trying to get rid of it. I got this dope ass fur lined london fog coat for 4 bucks. And in responce to your idea that your robbing the poor of their good stuff. Thrift stores always have lots of stuff. And the less fortunate are probably gonna find what they need. SO buy at your own will, another good thing is usually thrift stores support charities.

Originally posted by DEE38

word up jigsaw!

yesterday i bought some dope fucking pants with some india looking designs on the bottom... and this ill khaki skirt.

also.. at another shop that sells new stuff as well as vintage.. i bought this really kick ass ballchained bracelet with a huge heart on it that says fighter on one side... and lover on the other.. in sorta like lower old english.

okay this thread will now turn into: DOPE SHIT U FOUND AT THIFT STORES.

uhhhhhhhhh you nasty bitch! did you even wash that shit!?!? Fighter? hahahahahhahahahaa bitch if i saw i would slap the shit out of you! ahahahhaahaha lover hahahahahaha

The cool thing about big thrift stores is that you can go either way---you could buy a suit there, and a decent dress shirt, tie, etc., or you can buy really comfortable, worn-in clothes. I buy tramp gear at the Sally Ann all the time, good carbon steel kitchen knives, cups, old sleeping bags--all kinds of cool stuff.

And as for beatin' the poor out of "their" gear, fuck 'em. If they want the good shit, they'd better get up earlier than me.

fuckin a kabar...i think my mystical grandfather pretty much summed it up...cept im too poor to buy shit from the thriftstore..so i dont get new gear...and thats that..otherwise..thriftstores are where im at...and have been for a long time.

I believe the money earned at thrift stores goes to charities, etc., so by buying clothes from thrift stores, you're not taking clothes away from poor people, you're helping out the really unfortunate people. And it's fun and great and exciting when you find really cool stuff for really cheap! You just gotta be one step ahead of the fashion trends, b/c once people catch on - all the cool stuff is gone. Like here, all the thrift stores are too ravaged because its so cool to shop at them.

The last thing I got was a Burberry's wool skirt for six bucks. And I like finding kitchen stuff too.

Thrift Stores are great....where else can you find a perfect 1970's Pendelton coat for like 10 bucks tops.....you can't except for maybe your grandparents closet waaaaay in the back.

Guest --zeSto--

I dont know if you guys have them out there but...

VALUE VILLAGE is the :king: of all thrisft stores.

They do the sorting for you, so you dont find any of the really funky garbage.

And good pants are around 20$, but you know that no one left anything in them.

Everything is sorted by size and colour. They have a shitload of old uniforms

(that was in style about 6 years ago). We'd all grab matching IBM golf shirts and shit.

But I haven't been to one in a long time.

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by DEE38

Am I supposed to just stick to overpriced Levi jeans, and spare the people with lesser budgets their 2 pairs of jeans that I would of bought?

A solution:

Closeout-type stores like Ross or TJ Maxx have jeans that you can find for around 10 bucks. These jeans usually suck, however, with the lovely benefit of camera-less dressing rooms and crafty workmanship, an elusive "sticker switch" is easily achieved.

Paying more than 20 dollars for any type of clothing is fucking highway robbery and subsequent rape and murder.

Archived