does anyone noticed how rap/hip hop is gettin screwed?

atc

i was just saw the song from the spider-man movie with that cat from nickleback, "hero", on mtv, and i noticed that they didnt bleep out "killing and blood spilling", but they do bleep out "killed" in the truth hurts song, addictive, and even when rakim talks about quitting drug dealing and such (actual positive lyrics), they bleep them out too. ive noticed this for a while... why does rock/alternative music have more lyrical freedom from being censored than hiphop?

(and its not just mtv, although i know it sucks, but radio stations do it as well.)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest platapie
Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

you watch mtv?! HA! its all about cmt baby!

for some reason when i get hoem at ight after a logn night of drinkign and im to lazy to turn the computer on. i watch cmt and i enjoy it a great deal.

Guest socrates

they bleep things out depeneding on the context that word or phrase was used in. All of this excluding the seven dirty words+mosagony+drug refferences

• 5 weeks later...

MTV is schizophrenic

I don't get them.

Although I have noticed Hatebreed got mad big and got many many plugs since 9-11. Coincidence? I think not.

Ever heard that Beck song "MTV makes me wanna smoke crack"? Beck must be higher than the moon by now.

Archived