lets play the 'put seeking on to dope new bands' game...

seeking

fuck the hives.

this whole 'hey, lets turn up the distortion, write shitty 3 chord songs, call ourselves original and hope no one has heard "on avery island" ' shit has just got to stop.

i appreciate everyones enthusiasm for my game though...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by A Fire Inside

Ani Difranco (Yes, I'm serious.)

just dont listen to her around girls.. for some reason they relate their one time being harrassed for 5 minutes at the mall to one of her songs about being molested for years.. and then the girls turn into hardcore feminists and you cant say another girl is pretty or open the door for them without them questioning your fucking intentions. bastards.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by girl-lies

just dont listen to her around girls.. for some reason they relate their one time being harrassed for 5 minutes at the mall to one of her songs about being molested for years.. and then the girls turn into hardcore feminists and you cant say another girl is pretty or open the door for them without them questioning your fucking intentions. bastards.

hah

im a huge ani fan

and was turned on to her by other girls

they arent all so militant

her older stuff is better

shes a cutie (yes i went there...)

Guest HELLSATAN

no time left

xshipwreckx

no warning

our war

damad

soilent green

discordance axis

if your into hardcore or grindcore type stuff you ve prolly heard alot of these bands already

jesus, you guys rock...

to be perfectly honest, i dont know shit about shit. i like grindcore (or atleast what i consider to be grindcore) but i know nothing of the scene or honestly even the bands. i just know that i like really heavy, sort of slow, stuff.

i like hardcore, but i like more 'math-ish' kind of stuff... if that makes sense. i dont know.

i appreciate all the effort.

if anyone can put me down with a list of 'grindcore' stuff. that would be dope.

Guest mafIAkilla

A REGIMENT OF SLEEPYTIME GORRILLA MUSEUM,DOG FASHION DISCO,AND AN INCREASED DOSAGE OF FAITH NO MORE AND MR. BUNGLE SHOULD HAVE YOU FEELING GOOD.....

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

They're awesome live......

yes...

another thing.. i dont necessarily enjoy the hanson brothers (not mmbop you fucking idiots) but when i saw them live it was pretty intense.. but that might of been because i was extremely drunk.

jesus christ!!! out of all the bands listed (not that i looked at all of them but out of the ones i looked at) there were about 2 or 3 bands ive heard of. im almost sure i wouldnt like most of these bands anyway tho. no offense. im sure most of you wouldnt like my shit either.

i still say check out jj cale tho. "sensitive kinda" is a tight song. just check it.

how do i delet my post? i misspelled the name of the song yea? anyway. sorry. delete this one.

jesus christ!!! out of all the bands listed (not that i looked at all of them but out of the ones i looked at) there were about 2 or 3 bands ive heard of. im almost sure i wouldnt like most of these bands anyway tho. no offense. im sure most of you wouldnt like my shit either.

i still say check out jj cale tho. "sensitive kind" is a tight song. just check it.

Originally posted by seeking

if anyone can put me down with a list of 'grindcore' stuff. that would be dope.

not everyone would consider all of this grind, but boundaries blur:

dischordance axis

assück

falling over drunk

iron lung

brain oil

ludicra

damad

plutocracy

cattle decapitation

logical nonsense

man is the bastard

like flies on flesh

asunder

godstomper

the misanthropists

skaven

a death between seasons

like i said, i don't know if this would all really fit into the grind catergory, i think it probably would, but in the end it's all just good old fashioned hardcore...

Guest mafIAkilla
Originally posted by vinyl junkie

holy crap, someone else knows sleepy time gorilla museum... have you heard idiot flesh too? (sleepy time is ex members of idiot flesh...)

i saw sleepytime with my friends band last week.....just getting into them actually.....

Guest serpent of the light

i listen to the heavier stuff in general, here's some shit i've been turned onto recently

avenged sevenfold

desultory

i honestly can't think of anything else now, blank mind

and whoever said catharsis: YES!!!!! i fucking *heart* them. who'd have ever though a bunch of crust punks could rock the world so fucking brutally?

Guest serpent of the light

i've never been into the whole dl-music thing, but my little brother uses kazaa occasionally. what's wrong w/ it?

Archived