Europe train scene

goldschlager

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Tesseract

Athens is 5 min top ninja missions, new metro lines close to impossible, flick only

Thessaloniki is ok, but has no subway

All the other cities are easy...but noone really cares

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking to go railroading around Europe early this summer (2003).

This seems the place to ask a VERY general and open-ended question relating to the countries and cities that I should visit, specifically for subways, and maybe some overland steel as well.

I have a little experience with subways, so I'd need someone to hold my hand. Overland trains, if they're anything like the yards around London's suburbs, I *should* have a better chance of coping with on my own!

Are there any "must visits"? If only there was a graffiti travel guide to Europe!

Sorry about the ambiguous nature of my question - I literally have the whole of Europe to play with over a month...

To give you a rough idea of what I am already thinking of visiting (entirely provisionally):

Amsterdam (not only for the graffiti!)

Spain (possibly a couple of hookups in Madrid - one in Barcelona would be good). My Spanish is basic, but not too bad! Mas lentemente, por favor :)

Italy (*hopefully* some hookups in the south)

France would be good, although I can understand a certain amount of wariness given the "recent" events. I can speak more than passable French and understand almost fluently, if that's any help.

This is turning into a bit of a CV! Even if you can't offer any hookups, it would be a great help if you could let me know where you've visited in the past and anywhere that you would recommend. I will then be in a better position to sort out some links myself.

Many thanks in advance for any intelligent replies!

References on request :-D

runners

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by can of worms

Grandmaster tells me he saw the same panel (can't remember who by) run 2 days in a row on the northen line. Now that's what I call LUCKY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 days is about the average time for a tube panel to run these days, some one mentioned the stae front and cam panel that was done before xmas, I saw that running yesterday( 4th jan) that would make it 12 days and Its most likely still running.

london

painting the tubes in London is almost impossable, and even if you do manage to hit the tube it won't run for longer than a day.
posted by fabo2

like I said above 2 days is the average running time these days and its getting worse the buffers cant keep up. As for immposible... the tube gets a licking everyday.

Re: runners

Originally posted by h.leelucas

2 days is about the average time for a tube panel to run these days, some one mentioned the stae front and cam panel that was done before xmas, I saw that running yesterday( 4th jan) that would make it 12 days and Its most likely still running.

Well recently ive seen quite a lot of running damage.....I saw the same Dels 4 times on a northern.I have been writing for a while now and recently I have noticed a lot more runners!

Originally posted by Locofanclub

******* looks rather tough!

Loco boyo, please DON'T DROP PLOTS

anyway, running graf on tubes is becoming more common on some lines. District line in particular. But it's still pretty rare to see stuff running. I mostly use the northern and jubilee lines and I'm lucky if I see one throw up running every month.

anyway, running graf on tubes is becoming more common on some lines. District line in particular. But it's still pretty rare to see stuff running. I mostly use the northern and jubilee lines and I'm lucky if I see one throw up running every month.

Sincere appologies! :o It wont happen again, and ive swiftly edited the errant words!

Originally posted by Chore

sounds like loco is very fond of holland :P

You got it, i love the Netherlands!!!!! Some of my best friends live there, trainspotting is cool during the summer, when the NS put on a gallary show, and to be honest ive been over there 15-20 times, and ive got some real happy memories! :crazy:

yeh, nuff throws on the districts.... seein quite a few panels on the lil met/circle too thought, 5 different coloured ones from tox in 2 weeks!

Archived