Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
goldschlager

Europe train scene

The thing with Italy is it doesnt seem to be where to paint, but is there anywhere you cant paint? In most cities, a clean train is as rare as rocking horse shit!:)

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

actually i should restate what i said. rome is definatley a go. i cant be too sure about the rest of italy. it seems like the farther north you go the harder it gets.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

actually i should restate what i said. rome is definatley a go. i cant be too sure about the rest of italy. it seems like the farther north you go the harder it gets.

I was in Bari last year and nothing runs on the trains. I was well disapointed.

ITALIA..

Hi.

I've been in a one month trip in whole Italy(sicilia included) in summer 2001, and also 2 weeks this year, and let me tell you that the whole system is mad burned from north to south. From what i've seen theres practically not much buffing going on. Of course there is buffing, but its still a joke compared to the rest of the world. Sometimes you can see like on the freights scene some pieces partially buffed, or badly buffed ( which mak a big mess). when i was back for the second time this year , i didnt saw as much painted trains as 2001, but again i was just there for 2 weeks and did not travelled( mainly stayed in Roma and few days in Milano) like i did last year.But some local writers told me that painting trains was getting more difficult and that they were buffing more ( this was in Roma though, i dont know for the rest of italy).

Let me tell you about my impressions of my trips there , especially my 1 month trip last year, since i travelled everywhere and was always on the trains. ( i'm sure theres a lot of euro writers that could talk a lot on the subject,with a better point of view than me, especially the one concerned: the italians, but since no one did it.. i will take the time to explain it)

This shit is so incredible: makes me think a lttle bit of old NYC and our north american freight system mixed together, since u can bench at any local train station and take some flicks of burned metal, and know that the trains are going a little bit everywhere in the country, wheter its small places or big cities.I always(more or less) saw at least one piece when i entered any station. A lot of times the quality isnt verry good, but its like everywhere else like the freights or walls. I saw some pieces from 1997 untouched, or took a train with a fresh piece at the beginning of my trip, and i saw it again weeks later in a another city.

Its just an incredible feeling to know that u are sure to see some pieces when u will get to the station...searching them beetween the layups and passengers. wondering wich graff will be on the train that u will take... wow i miss it so much! It was a revelation for me , as a north american who practically never saw real trains painted besides mags videos or old school nyc fliks.

Now for the Roma Metropolitana: its just a theory(correct me if im wrong), but since Roma and italy is "chaotic" country (administration, politic, business) and is poorer than the rest of western europe, and also from the fact that theres only 2 lines in roma ( A and B, orange and blue/grey) so they cannot afford to retire some wagons or trains to buff since its such a small subway in a such big city ( and maybe the lack of money too) well the subway is entirely painted from head to toes with layers of paint . I mean.. its just a big mess.. a big splat. Theres chaos everywhere on these wagons. It may be verry ugly most of the time, but man it feel so good to see it. And u can catch some pretty decent pieces too often. But most of the time its some toy bullshit with some stock tip, and A LOT of crossing out. the B line in 2001 was more clean, but more quality orientated, with works done by Poison , the king of the line ( a piece on each train), the B line was more toyish. Now in 2002 i saw that the B line is all buffed unfortunally, even if u can still see some bombing on it, its nothing like the past years. The A line is still running, i dont know if it will be cleaned up.

You can also try to check the Lido subway/train line, from roma to the beach, its pretty bombed too, or some tram lines going near Termini station.

Just to remind you that last year i saw some pieces in the subway dated 1999,and this year i was still able to see graff that i saw last year.

Milano subway is another story, i dont know it well, its all cleaned, but u can catch decent pieces from times to times. I think maybe its beacause its a richer city?

Anyway, i wrote all that because im in work and have nothing to do, and also because i just love those italian trains. Viva FS! I also wanted to say that the italians writers are extremly lucky to have running trains.And from what i saw Italy in general is more relax for painting them then elsewhere.

and to tell u that if u have the opportunity to go there, jump into it. Just hope it wont get buffed like the rest of europe in the near future:/

Guest Dipher

My god, I had no fuckin idea. Must. Go. To. Italy. Now.

Guest imported_b0b

In London subways are possible, but you need to do your homework as they are hard work. All yards have 12 foot fences topped with razor wire, cameras, infra-red trip-wires, and motion sensors on the fence to detect people cutting holes in them plus guard patrols too. There a couple of backjump sopts on the system, but as the whole system is camera'ed up they are a little hot.

Commuter trains are easier, but not easy. A piece might run for a day or two at max (if at all). Travel to a yard in the suburbs or even outside London. The Connex lines out of the South East of London have been running panels for up to 2/3 weeks, but this is sporadic and not guaranteed.

Guest catwash

^^^^

and on top of this, add a new criminal justice bill which includes tougher sentences for graffiti.

Originally posted by catwash

^^^^

and on top of this, add a new criminal justice bill which includes tougher sentences for graffiti.

What the fuck? The relationship of punishment against the actual offence commited will go out the window surely.I think that makes sense.....

Originally posted by crazeeb0b

In London subways are possible, but you need to do your homework as they are hard work. All yards have 12 foot fences topped with razor wire, cameras, infra-red trip-wires, and motion sensors on the fence to detect people cutting holes in them plus guard patrols too. There a couple of backjump sopts on the system, but as the whole system is camera'ed up they are a little hot.

Commuter trains are easier, but not easy. A piece might run for a day or two at max (if at all). Travel to a yard in the suburbs or even outside London. The Connex lines out of the South East of London have been running panels for up to 2/3 weeks, but this is sporadic and not guaranteed.

Grandmaster tells me he saw the same panel (can't remember who by) run 2 days in a row on the northen line. Now that's what I call LUCKY.

UK Runners

Ladies and Gents

I'm kinda new at this but let me introduce my site AGAINSTHEGRAIN www.againsthegrain.plus.com dedicated to graff from london and the south east of england. got loads of trains that run from the suburbs to thhe centre of london.

enjoy.

MIKE ATG

up north they buff a lot, but i think it depends on which line you paint. for instance, regionals painted in some spots close to where i live do 1 run and go straight to the buff in torino.......whereas some trains run for months.

it also depends on the type of train......the newest fastest trains (pendolino, eurostar etc.) are always clean.....the older wagons are pretty much painted, especially down south. up north in the last 2 years the buff has gotten worse than ever, i hate it that they waste all that fucking money on buffing and the trains are always late.

now they're trashing all the old marroon cars which had no anti-graffiti film.......i think ya'll who said in 99 everything was painted meant these cars....they're (sadly) mostly dissapearing. they used to get buffed like once every 5 years....you'd see pieces from 94-96 still running in 2000.

it's not anymore like that now.

as for the actual painting, i have the feeling that all places are getting heated, specially up north........in my city most definitely. much more controls. which sucks but we still paint.

Originally posted by drug

up north they buff a lot, but i think it depends on which line you paint. for instance, regionals painted in some spots close to where i live do 1 run and go straight to the buff in torino.......whereas some trains run for months.

it also depends on the type of train......the newest fastest trains (pendolino, eurostar etc.) are always clean.....the older wagons are pretty much painted, especially down south. up north in the last 2 years the buff has gotten worse than ever, i hate it that they waste all that fucking money on buffing and the trains are always late.

now they're trashing all the old marroon cars which had no anti-graffiti film.......i think ya'll who said in 99 everything was painted meant these cars....they're (sadly) mostly dissapearing. they used to get buffed like once every 5 years....you'd see pieces from 94-96 still running in 2000.

it's not anymore like that now.

as for the actual painting, i have the feeling that all places are getting heated, specially up north........in my city most definitely. much more controls. which sucks but we still paint.

thats strange. ive been noticing no buff whatsoever on the blue trains. and on the red ones. ive been seeing panels in the main station from 96 and earlier. and the blue trains ive been doing havent been getting the buff at all. ive caught my stuff a month later still good. do your have the stickers on them? ours do. you can tell a new sticker has been placed above old panels. ive been told they get approx 4 months play. the euro stars are always clean. but i know they get hit. and the double decker intercity trains are always clean. always freshly buffed. too bad about the maroon cars. those are beautiful trains. sad to see them get the buff. then again, im closer to the south than the north i suppose.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

the euro stars are always clean. but i know they get hit.

LDS crew hit eurostars in england. they never run though.

yea, the blue ones don't get cleaned much......they're the "scrap" ones although they got the stickers......here you don't see many but where i go from time to time you find 'em.....and they proptly get destroyed, end to end man!!!!!!:mad:

Originally posted by can of worms

Grandmaster tells me he saw the same panel (can't remember who by) run 2 days in a row on the northen line. Now that's what I call LUCKY.

Could it be the d!?s panel that has been running? Has anyone got shots of it?

Guest imported_b0b

LDS crew hit eurostars in england. they never run though.

Also know that TNF & NT crews from the UK have hit them too.

As for them running, I have a firend in Kent who see things running on them from time to time. He reckons they are mainly backjumps done whilst it is in service. That is a little hot seeing as the terroism stuff has heated shit up and also all the immigrants trying to get on them have brought loads of police attention to the trains.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by Locofanclub

A certain re-located Northerner of my acquaintence has running shots of it. The picture might even make it to the Mind the Gap thread (which is in dire need of flicks..)

Originally posted by MISDEMEANOUR

peeps..is holland trains still easy 2 paint now? coz im going 2 holland and visit my relative..wanna hit some trains there....hollA me back yall...

peace...:cool:

Dont be too confident of Dutch steel. It might well be "easy", but never underestimate the Spoor Police.;)

Originally posted by Locofanclub

Mr. Dels himself......

I've been reliably informed that it ran for three fucking days. Unbeleivable. I envy his knowledge of the tube

Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

Western Holland isnt easy. Eastern Holland is alright. Dont even try the Amsterdam subway if you have never painted a subway before. Same goes for Rotterdam.

Too right! Unless youve got a good local sherpa with you, and fast running shoes!

Mr. Dels himself......

I've been reliably informed that it ran for three fucking days. Unbeleivable. I envy his knowledge of the tube

I envy the trainspotters who got shots, or the tip off! Damn hard work spotting them Northerns!:confused: