yes, another self-loathing thread.

girl-lies

now that me and her arent together anymore nothing seems as fun anymore.. and i try to do things that were really fun before, but nothing is fun enough to get her off my mind for atleast a second. i drink all the time and pretend im happy. im really not.. . it was a year and a half... i feel like dying but im too lazy to go to the kitchen to get a knife... i havent eaten in acouple days either. bye.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

marijuana helps me forget that im a virgin at age 16 and that while other kids are out having sex and fun, im at home 24/7 and i will never get a girl.....if your feelig bad, just talk to me and listen to how much of a sad person i am, and you will feel better..i garuntee

Guest platapie

nah man its just the post dateing feeling. just hang tuff go hang with your freinds and lose all the pictures on yuor wall of her. just throw them in a box for later use. but everyone gets in the funk thatyour in now and then.

im actully being a nice guy, wtf?

it sucks to see that threads like these come along every so often. reminds me of the constant internal struggle and recently being diagnosed as "clinically depressed" or whatever. life sucks just deal with it. it really sucks that i can only live with so much pent up inside and one day despite many things that have already occured the one true detrimental moment will occur. o well

also i was going to have the weekend of my life.. all of my friends were there and we had beer.. alot of beer.. and i was going to get plastered but then she decided to show up... so i left because i dont need to see her.. bitch... runing my life already. im only 19.

Sounds like Depression To Me

It sounds like depression to me. Depression is a PHYSICAL problem, which has to do with the prescence or absence of sufficient amounts of certain neurotransmitters in the neural synapses of the brain. To be specific: serotonin, GABA, dopamine and norepinephrine, among others. GO TO YOUR DOCTOR and tell him what's up. He'll probably put you on something like Wellbutrin or Zoloft for a couple of months and you'll feel a whole lot better. Because you won't be moping around all depressed, you'll have a better chance to work on your feelings and get over this girl, and maybe you'll find yourself a better girlfriend. Get it?

a.) Stop using drugs and alcohol--they only make it worse.

b.) Go to your doctor and get some antidepressants.

c.) Start exercising---laying around makes it worse.

d.) Adolescence sucks, but here's the good part. Pretty soon it will be over, you'll be 18 and an adult and then you can do whatever you want. Just hold it together till you get out of high school, and things will improve a lot. It seems like a long time, but in the overall scheme of things, adolescence only lasts a brief part of your life (thank God, it sucks so bad if it went on much longer nobody would make it to adulthood.)

e.) The problem isn't the girl. The problem is within yourself. SEEK INSIGHT into your own problems, and start identifying what's screwing you up. (Hint: it has NOTHING to do with anybody else, such as "My problem is my girlfriend doesn't love me and it's all her fault I'm depressed." I can tell right now, that's not your problem, so try another tack. How about "I don't think I'm attractive enough to ever get a girl to really like me, so when this girl split, it wrecked my self esteem." Problem: My self image, not anything the girl did or didn't do. Got it? Now go see your doctor and buy some running shoes and start running every day. Things will improve, if you keep working on it. P.S. Keep us posted on what's happening, and ignore people who post rude responses on the net. They're just projecting their own feelings onto you and your problems.)

Girl-Lies---Ok, you're over 18. That means you have even less excuse for not going to your doctor and getting some medication to help you out of the hole. It's not going to get better very quick unless you take effective action. There's all kinds of action you can take that won't work, i.e. that's ineffective, like drinking, taking dope, screwing a lot of girls that you don't care about and none of it is going to be very helpful. Some of your remarks lead me to believe you might be suicidal as well as depressed. There's no law against being depressed, but if you don't seek help and you are suicidal, your family, or even your friends (because you're over 18) could go down and swear out a mental health warrant and have you taken into custody and brought to a psychiatric hospital for treatment. You'd be a lot better off doing it yourself, because if you are suicidal and you get brought to the hospital via a Emergency Apprehension and Detention Warrant, you can't get out until the doctor figures you're ready to leave. That's usually a week or two. If I was in your shoes, I think I would go get some antidepressant medication before something bad happens. At the very least I would go talk to my doctor.

i did that shit acouple years ago. .. really it only makes you feel better for an hour and a half.. im not suicidal.. i know im depressed but really.. i took the medication.. i even attended meetings.. they did nothing.. it isn't that big of a deal...

also.. after you stop taking anti-depressants you usually get into this really deep depression for acouple months and well, fuck that im fine the way i am now.

Then the doc took you off of them too soon. If you're getting the correct meds, you would not feel depressed, and meds like Prozac, Zoloft, Luvox or Paxil don't work short-term like that. The stuff has to build up enough in your body tissues to have a long-term therapeutic affect. Maybe you weren't getting a big enough daily dose. It takes at least a week to ten days for an SSRI to begin to work at all. Most people continue to experience improvement up to three weeks later or even longer.

I'd be real sure about that suicidality thing. If you kill yourself, there ain't no getting over that.

i took it for a year.. it did not do shit... seriously i have tried to get rid of this 'depression'.. maybe 'god' (and i use the word 'god' in the loosest of terms) intended it that way. .. but really.. i just posted this to let out some steam.. i hope you dont mind getting off the subject and letting the thread drop.

Probably one of the most important quotes I've heard in my life is, "Feeling sorry for yourself never got anyone anywhere.". Yes, I'm sure this isn't true in some cases, but in many cases it is. You need to get out there, be out in the game. Hit on some girls. Girls DON'T go for mopey guys who just sit there saying "i need attention, I'm depressed". Yes, I know it's fucked, I tried playing the part of the mopey dude before. Get out there, get some play.

um.. i just broke up with a girl i was with for 1 1/2 years (thats a long time for me) i think i can have some time to be by myself and think about where i want to go from here.. anyone that i would be going after would just be a rebound girl.. and i dont want that...

Originally posted by KaBar

Girl-Lies---Ok, you're over 18. That means you have even less excuse for not going to your doctor and getting some medication to help you out of the hole. It's not going to get better very quick unless you take effective action.

If I was in your shoes, I think I would go get some antidepressant medication before something bad happens. At the very least I would go talk to my doctor.

look man.. you're a really smart dude and all that, but i think you may be over-reacting a little.. telling girl-lies that he has no excuse to not get on some anti-depressants is just stupid. Dudes just got a broken heart.. something that we all know heals in the long run but just takes time and a little bit of effort. seriously, tranqs/uppers whatevs just turn you in to a zombie and are really only a short term solution to any problem..

girl-lies: just keep your head up.. stay positive and keep busy, get stuck into your work or school.. start painting every night if you have too.. its not the end of the world even tho it feels like it.. give it a couple more weeks or maybe even a month or two and you'll be aiight dude.

peace.

Archived