Stenciling 101

FR8 LIFE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant argue with you on stenciling, i have a few original cuts myself.

etch isnt something i practice but i have seen one or two that looked okay. it seems like alot of kids that get down like that dont really know how to use it. i mean if its permanent wouldnt you want it to look like you knew what you were doing instead of coping a sloppy tag for everyone to see for a really long time?

let's not talk about etch.

but as far as stencils go, they can be done well. i've seen some really shitty ones and some great ones (banksy, duh). but for a tshirt?

BUY A SILKSCREEN! they're easy to use, easy to clean up, and it's a lot of fun to make bootleg tshirts of your favorite band.

Guest imported_b0b

bump this info.

To make my stencil I photocopy/print out onto white a4 and then laminate the paper at work. Cut out the stencil then and it is nice & easy using a craft blade and presto a ready to go, handy sized stencil.

yup, i'm feelin' some increased traffic in the yard forum recently. its good stuff. so is this thread. nice work fr8 life.

i like using a flat finish paint with a caligraphy cap on stencils. i think those caps work well with stencils, they fan out the flow of paint which offers good coverage with just a couple quick sweeps of the can and keeps any possible dripping at bay.

• 2 weeks later...

this works pretty good,

make a stencil inside a box thats say... at least 12 inches squared

and make shure it has pretty big hand holes to cary it around...

put some cans in it.

vuala.

all you have to do is act like you're carying around something very heavy put it down on the floor. and act like you tieing you're shoe... oh how'd that get there? or lay it agenst a wall and look in you're pokets in with one hand and spray with the other.

incognito

• 3 weeks later...

good to see alot more writers are geting into stencils, they really are dope. im a stenciller who is getting into graff now im starting to rock handstyles and such, but dont worry i hate toy tags just as much as anyone else and wont start hitting shit up until i got the skills 100%!

good to see alot more writers are geting into stencils, they really are dope. im a stenciller who is getting into graff now im starting to rock handstyles and such, but dont worry i hate toy tags just as much as anyone else and wont start hitting shit up until i got the skills 100%!

jesus... youve gotta be my twin or somthing cuz you just read my mind

i been into graff and i'm just tryin' to stencil to advertise my group AMERIKAZ MOZT BLUNTED! (woop, woop) realy fuck the mainstream shit. the underground is so intertwined in graff so i figga' that i can make a bunch a caricterized stencils for example "drought the mainstream" infront of virgin and "TRL Totaly Racist Light-skins" in front of TRL useing my incognito tatctics of courese

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For carrying them around, u can use the manilla folder trick, but also get a normal (uncut folder) and put the stencil folder in it, this way it'll look like your carrying a folder, and won't get paint on you, plus if they ask u to open it, it just looks like a folder :lol: It mite help to put something in it... or not

stencil ideas

at walmart there is something in the stencil section of the art supplies that is blank for you to cut what ever you want out of it... but my question is is any one else having trouble cutting stencils i know i am its like i want to cut a stencil of a face and theres spots that if i cut will make it miss sections. any ideas on how to cut i know an art teacher once told me that some times you need to use two stencils for just on imaige. any one else agree?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived