Stenciling 101

FR8 LIFE

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Social networking on the Internet S2H is the advanced network for dating among people

Èãðîâàÿ çîíà â ñîöèàëüíîé ñåòè S2H.RU

Ëó÷øàÿ èãðîâàÿ çîíà â ñîöèàëüíûõ ñåòÿõ.

Áîëåå 15 òûñÿ÷ ðàçíîîáðàçíûõ èãð.

ñîöèàëüíîé ñåòè ìîæíî èãðàòü è çàðàáàòûâàòü íà èãðàõ

http://s2h.ru

• 6 months later...
i have a vinyl folder for my smaller ones. my bigger ones i have to roll up or fold for them to fit. depending on what the stencil is made of you have to let it dry so that means chilling for a sec. also use a messenger bag. you look kinda art faggish but its really handy. montana(hdlbg) pocket cans with a caligraphy cap are also recommended

you are completely off topic, get the fuck out.:nope:

Doesn't rolling up your stencils also make them hard to stay flat again? I have a problem with some of mine that after a good amount of sprays, the folder warps and i have to cut a new one. i try and dry it off by whipping it down with a cloth but the best stencils are always with the first couple sprays for me. any ideas?

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned this yet (atleast in the first and last 5 pages of the thread that I checked)

If you guys are looking to make your PAPER stencils stronger. Go out and buy a can of 2-component clear coat spray. This stuff is awesome and it will GREATLY increase the lifespan of your stencils.

One thing thing to note is not to apply too much at once, I'm sure most of you are aware that once your stencil becomes wet, it likes to bend and curl up on itself sometimes. The best way to avoid this while clear coating is by doing a LIGHT initial spray around just the outsides or the top/bottom of your stencil and leave it to cure. After about 20 mins you should be set up enough that your paper will now hold it's own shape and you can coat the rest, I suggest leaving them for a couple of hours in a dry environment out of the sun (i've found the sun tends to make the clearcoat seal shitty when using it on other applications)

Once you've let it dry, you're good to go, start bombing! Hope this was helpful..

completely answered what i was just trying to find out haha, thanks man!

• 2 weeks later...
yerp... and you can tape it to the bottom of an open shopping bag, walk around town with cans in shopping bag (or bagpack with said stencil as bottom) and then just act like your getting something out of the bag, and spray stencil on ground..

bomb the system lol:lol:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I`m about to take off on my first stencilling excursion and I`m trying to cover all the logistics before I make a complete ass of myself (which can happen even without stencils).

I cut 3-color stencils out of 22 x 27 posterboard that I covered in vinyl before I cut them. I`m rolling them in a yoga mat (yeah I know it sounds gay but it`s perfect size) and carrying them and my cans in an over shoulder yoga mat bag. I`m a girl so it doesn`t look too weird.

So far so good for rolling and transporting dry stencils.

Anybody have any thought about rolling and transporting wet or tacky stencils. I`d really like to get more than one use out of them.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks!

Archived