parents n graff

upright merk

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alright.... heres the deal

i just turned 16 and my parents have been overprotective psycos for all my life. i have to bargain shit to get priviliges and even those are not that great. well, my mom has seen some sketches and found griffen. i told her it wasnt for tagging but i dont think she bought that. i have gotten around her when it comes to bombing, but it would always be becasue of a sleepover. ive sketched for 2 years and hit up chill spots but i need to get out and bomb at night. i could sneak out but people i would bomb with live a busride away...... i want to paint but my parents are gettin to me an i have no clue what to do. any ideas.

i dont want this to sound all toyish.... i have skills, a good hand and can paint but i cant stand my parents.

peace

yo word up just be real with her... i told my parents i write... they've seen my sketches and all that... they like my drawings and all that but they just dont like the fact i go out and "vandalize"... i told my mom straight up like "mom you and everyone else knows i write... and honestley this isnt just a thing thats gonna die over night... i've put in alot of dedication to this and i can see myself still writing 10 maybe even 15 years for now.. there are going to be time where im gona say im going out and im going to go paint some freights or hit up some walls.. its bound to happen... i know all the consequences and i know what im getting into... but this is what i love to do so honestley and dont take it the wrong way im going to keep doing this regardless..." i mean if its something your gonna keep on doing for a while just be real with her... if you just sketching and not all that serious about it then its whatever.. its alot better to be honest with them than to hide it...

hmmm... quite possibly the gayest thread ever

I cant believe Im seein all these people like "yea dude my parents are like that too"

while I respect your parents ethics, you gotta man the fuck up.

but only if you deserve it. if your some irresponsible fuck you dont need freedom right this second

but if your responsible and deserve some freedom, take that shit. dont let them short you, if you aint a piece of shit and know how to act then they need to respect your judgement and all that other shit.

jesus christ man your 16 fuckin years old, I wasnt even livin at my moms house when I was 16. you dont need to be on a leash.

you need to be turnin 16 gettin your license, gettin a car, sneak out AND BE SLICK SO YOU DONT GET CAUGHT, your only 16 once man dont waste it sittin at home cause your mommy found out you werent really at donalds house friday night

Heh, my parents are fucked up when it comes to graff. They're all conservative, like most bunk parents are, and rip my ears off about graff. They go on rants about destroying property and shit, and all the shit i could get into if i get busted. haha, i just sit there and smile :dazed: cuz you all know damn well that there's not much they can do to stop you. They can tell you stop, and yell, and bitch, and all that, but what else are they really going to do? (well, maybe hiding your shoes might slow you down a bit...:) )

Whatever - only advice i can give is - if they accuse you of it, admit that you used to do it, but that you stopped. Tell 'em some shitty line about how you were too concerned that getting caught would ruin things for you down the road, so you gave it up.. They may not buy it at first, but just stash your markers and cans somewhere else besides your room (outside, garage, whatever), and give 'em no evidence that you still write. They'll ease up eventually. If they ask why you're always going out late - it's for a party, or whatever.

Figure it out, it's not hard. Ironic thing is, the only way my parents found out that i wrote, is that my dad fuckin busted me tagging some shit downtown, like a block away from his new office. haha, ahh that day fuckin' sucked...:D

this sounds exactly what i did..coincidentally- i bought this pink montana marker that stood out like crazy..and i was stupid and i depressed it on my desk at home and my parents noticed it......they also noticed the tag i busted out with it on the mail box across the street from our apartment building.....damn i was stupid back then.....

my mom recently busted me when she found my paint that i had accidently left overnight in my trunk. she was not happy..... i was honest about it and she gave me "the speech" but didn't really punish me. i guess what i'm saying is just be honest with your mom if you do get busted because lying just buries you deeper most of the time.

• 1 month later...
Your name is "Doitheydoit".

You actually used "newbie" in context.

This thread is called "parents n graff".

This is a graffiti forum...

Stop taking yourself seriously. No one cares.

you never ripped on someone before on 12oz?...you actually used to be a newbie also..wasn't everyone at one point? it's the same concept of uperclassmen giving freshmen a hard time....this isn't a new idea i just pulled out of my ass....and why do you feel like you have to step in and stick up for him? you've been around a while too i see and i highly doubt that you spoke up for every person that was given a hard time...also..what does my name have to do with anything here? seems that you're doing the same exact thing that you're acusing me of...:nope:

you never ripped on someone before on 12oz?...you actually used to be a newbie also..wasn't everyone at one point? it's the same concept of uperclassmen giving freshmen a hard time....this isn't a new idea i just pulled out of my ass....and why do you feel like you have to step in and stick up for him? you've been around a while too i see and i highly doubt that you spoke up for every person that was given a hard time...also..what does my name have to do with anything here? seems that you're doing the same exact thing that you're acusing me of...:nope:

Not to say I'm insecure about my post count, but I did join a month before you. I just don't feel its necessary to post on every thread that gets bumped.

alright. in all seriousness, what i originally said was out of line and no where near the topic at hand. my bad. let's just get back to parents and graff.

word. i'm sorry too.

now for a serious answer--

"if you have really strict parents why the fuck would you go and tell them you write?

bottom line, if you have parents that dont let you do anything then graffiti isnt for you..at least not until you are out on your own."

--is pretty much perfect advice. I don't know how long you have until you move out, but now's the perfect time to just study up, look at flicks, and bury your head in your black book. if you still wanna paint when you move out to go to college or get a job, you won't look like shit.

Pushing your parents to the edge isn't very good advice. My sophomore year in highschool my mom sent me to live with my dad in Florida for a year because I tried pulling some shit. Just be good, get good grades and maybe she'll forget (or forgive the fact) that you get off on vandalizing people's shit.

Archived