parents n graff

upright merk

alright.... heres the deal

i just turned 16 and my parents have been overprotective psycos for all my life. i have to bargain shit to get priviliges and even those are not that great. well, my mom has seen some sketches and found griffen. i told her it wasnt for tagging but i dont think she bought that. i have gotten around her when it comes to bombing, but it would always be becasue of a sleepover. ive sketched for 2 years and hit up chill spots but i need to get out and bomb at night. i could sneak out but people i would bomb with live a busride away...... i want to paint but my parents are gettin to me an i have no clue what to do. any ideas.

i dont want this to sound all toyish.... i have skills, a good hand and can paint but i cant stand my parents.

peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sneak out of your house ...have some one watin for you outside with a car or go bombin by yourself ....hit up tags durin the day time ..as long has there no cops around catch some tags...or keep sleepin over your friends house so just go out there an DESTROY...oh yeah just keep on writin intell your parents will have to deal with the fact there kid likes to vandalis ....

yea

yea... i dont mind sneaking out but sometimes it seems liek my mom never sleeps so i dont wanna be unreliable n shit for peopel waiting outside.....

i have learned the most overlooked places are the obvious. she was lookin through my shit when she found the griff... too bad she didnt look an inch further.. woudl have found 4 cans of krylon.... :) ill figure this shit out... maybe ill just show them a flick ro a sketch and be like this is me

yea dude im in like that EXACT same situation

i was sneaking out every week for about half a year, then my parents caught me, they got very strict

i snuck out a month later again, got caught by my parents

i catch daylight ups nowadays but they still think i tag, they search my pockets for markers before i leave the house etc etc

i wanna go bombing soon but if i get caught again my mom wants to send me to military school...WHICH IM NOT DOING...OVER PROTECTIVE PARENTS SUCK!!

Originally posted by upright merk

alright.... heres the deal

i just turned 16 and my parents have been overprotective psycos for all my life. i have to bargain shit to get priviliges and even those are not that great. well, my mom has seen some sketches and found griffen. i told her it wasnt for tagging but i dont think she bought that. i have gotten around her when it comes to bombing, but it would always be becasue of a sleepover. ive sketched for 2 years and hit up chill spots but i need to get out and bomb at night. i could sneak out but people i would bomb with live a busride away...... i want to paint but my parents are gettin to me an i have no clue what to do. any ideas.

i dont want this to sound all toyish.... i have skills, a good hand and can paint but i cant stand my parents.

peace

okay man i just turned 16 too.. you sound like some momma's boy.. u said u turned 16.. omg act 16.. dont let ur parents walk over u.. u stil have to be nice to them a respect them but dont ever let them walk over u.. and if they say ur ground u just say hmm u cant ground me then go out with some friends.. u said they take away privlages?? how old are u 5? u dont get priviliges when ur 16 u do what u want.. grow up and act ur age and be a man.. at first they will get really mad when u disobey them but slowly they will be more understanding and wont get as mad.. they will get a tolerance to the bad things u do.. then u will have to do something really really bad to get them mad...

Never ever lie to ur parents.. thats just gay...i wouldnt lie to my parents if someone said here's $500.. dont sneak out cuz thats also gay.. say its 12:30 at night what u do is u say mom dad im going out i'll be back in a couple hours.. ask them if they want u to check in ... mean while they will probably be yelling at u.. but just leave the house maybe phone at like 2:30 in the morning to say ur alive etc..

my parents were far more crazy then urs.. my parents would actually hide all my shoes so i couldnt go out. My parents would try to stand infront of the door.. my dad locked my window so it couldnt open to far cuz he thought i would jump out of it, my dad paid me $40 not to go out one night(so i didnt) but i was out the next night, my mom would cry her eyes out, she would sit at the window waiting for me to come out .. it just goes on and on.. but dont give up pretend like u dont care and slowly they start understanding... my parents still dont like when i go out and they never will but they start to understand that theres absolutly nothing they can do to stop me... so they let me out but they ask me to phone them a once through out the night so they know i didnt get raped by some bum...

u have to go threw a little ruff period with ur parents.. there will be fighting argueing etc.. but eventually it ends and they realize ur not a baby..

dont be a pussy and sorry it's so long

Originally posted by REGULATOR

yea dude im in like that EXACT same situation

i was sneaking out every week for about half a year, then my parents caught me, they got very strict

i snuck out a month later again, got caught by my parents

i catch daylight ups nowadays but they still think i tag, they search my pockets for markers before i leave the house etc etc

i wanna go bombing soon but if i get caught again my mom wants to send me to military school...WHICH IM NOT DOING...OVER PROTECTIVE PARENTS SUCK!!

hhahahahahha if my parents tried to send me to military school i would just laf at them... and say how about i dont think so.. then i would get beats and then i would say no im not going.. then my parents would realize that they cant make me go.. i bet ur moms just trying to scare u though

Re: heh

i love when people can relate to you... some peopel on this forum are spoiled and have fukin hippy parents who dont give no shit. im really debating showing them my can stash or something to get the point across

either paint some really sic piece's or something and show them.. or get some of sabers pieces cuz there pretty fuking nuts and show them to ur parents and be like yeah thats my work.. and they will be like oh shit thats so good.. then they will ease up.. trust me

haha

hahahahaha... that sure sounds like a plan... now i only need to have my mom let me have a gun to rob that hardware store.........

i get your point bomber... ill straight up show them my shit after i get some good pieces in and then theyll loosen up... after that ill leave n shit adn theyll be more lenient... i hope

sound good?

Re: Re: heh

Originally posted by madbomber

either paint some really sic piece's or something and show them.. or get some of sabers pieces cuz there pretty fuking nuts and show them to ur parents and be like yeah thats my work.. and they will be like oh shit thats so good.. then they will ease up.. trust me

:lol:

Guest 87centHitMan

Mad Bomber, pardon me if I'm wrong, but I swear that Jeff123456's shoes were hidden by his parents too...Jeff's from canada, too. Sounds a bit coincedental to me!! You sound alot like him in the way that he's always like "Man, ur a bitch, don't let your parents walk all over u. U fukking fag." Some people have extremely strict parents that can't just be told to Shut up, or;

Kid: "look at my phat piece, mom, isn't it nice?"

Parent: "Oh, that is nice, honey! Go out and vandalize all you want!"

It dosen't work like that! Most people can't just tell their parents to shut the fuck up and then go out painting. They'll probabaly get grounded as shit. You still need to remember that most people's parents aren't the same as yours. Usually, the parents tell the kids what to do. Not the other way around like it is with you. It seem like you tell them what to do more than they tell you what to do. When I started acting up and my parents didn't like it, they didn't just "adjust" to me acting up because I'm big 16 now and I think I'm a man. They just kicked my ass out quick. And really, that's the way to go. You'll be broke and it'll suck for a while, but you'll have so much freedom. It's so much better. Anyway, if you're not jeff, sorry, and I just made an ass out of myself, but if you are, it's no surprise.

drop some info on being kicked out...how the fuck did that work out...im getting tired of my parents oppresive rule.....they dont let me do SHIT!! they get all pissy and shit and my curfew really sucks...i have to resort to lying to them before going out and shit...it fuckin sucks...my life could be so much better without them

Your best bet is to befriend a kid whose parents arent up his ass like yours. Im sure theres a kid down for graff who lives with his overworked mom or drunk dad, or just parents who dont care what he does and/or vacation year round.Become best friends(as far as your parents are concerned) and stay at their house a lot.Also leave all your shit at their pad,but they might steal some of your shit.I had cool parents, and so did most of my friend into graffitti, but I had friends who would go to my pad to smoke and shit cuz my parents were super chill.

Originally posted by 87centHitMan

Mad Bomber, pardon me if I'm wrong, but I swear that Jeff123456's shoes were hidden by his parents too...Jeff's from canada, too. Sounds a bit coincedental to me!! You sound alot like him in the way that he's always like "Man, ur a bitch, don't let your parents walk all over u. U fukking fag." Some people have extremely strict parents that can't just be told to Shut up, or;

Kid: "look at my phat piece, mom, isn't it nice?"

Parent: "Oh, that is nice, honey! Go out and vandalize all you want!"

It dosen't work like that! Most people can't just tell their parents to shut the fuck up and then go out painting. They'll probabaly get grounded as shit. You still need to remember that most people's parents aren't the same as yours. Usually, the parents tell the kids what to do. Not the other way around like it is with you. It seem like you tell them what to do more than they tell you what to do. When I started acting up and my parents didn't like it, they didn't just "adjust" to me acting up because I'm big 16 now and I think I'm a man. They just kicked my ass out quick. And really, that's the way to go. You'll be broke and it'll suck for a while, but you'll have so much freedom. It's so much better. Anyway, if you're not jeff, sorry, and I just made an ass out of myself, but if you are, it's no surprise.

yes i was reading some of his posts earlier.. but no i am not jeff1234 so u made an ass out of yourself...

Originally posted by tassie toy

damn, that must suck having parents so strict. My bedroom has a door leading straight from my room to the garage and outside, so i'ts shit easy to escape. I've been bombing for about a year now and they still don't know.

yeah man just wait till your parents find out that you have been sneaking out for a yeah.. ur relation ship will never be the same with them.. its better to tell them that u go out then to sneak around.. what happens if ur mom wakes up in the middle of the night and checks on u.. then ur not there so she phones the police cuz she's scared.. then u get home and theres a cop car in the driveway.. u walk in with ur half empty cans and paint all over ur hands and face..

Re: yea

too bad she didnt look an inch further.. woudl have found 4 cans of krylon....

jesus....not the whole stash!

that would suck.

(to have a stash that consisted of 4 cans. your parents would shit if they saw my stash.)

Re: Re: parents n graff

okay man i just turned 16 too.. you sound like some momma's boy.. u said u turned 16.. omg act 16.. dont let ur parents walk over u.. u stil have to be nice to them a respect them but dont ever let them walk over u.. and if they say ur ground u just say hmm u cant ground me then go out with some friends.. u said they take away privlages?? how old are u 5? u dont get priviliges when ur 16 u do what u want.. grow up and act ur age and be a man.. at first they will get really mad when u disobey them but slowly they will be more understanding and wont get as mad.. they will get a tolerance to the bad things u do.. then u will have to do something really really bad to get them mad...

Never ever lie to ur parents.. thats just gay...i wouldnt lie to my parents if someone said here's $500.. dont sneak out cuz thats also gay.. say its 12:30 at night what u do is u say mom dad im going out i'll be back in a couple hours.. ask them if they want u to check in ... mean while they will probably be yelling at u.. but just leave the house maybe phone at like 2:30 in the morning to say ur alive etc..

my parents were far more crazy then urs.. my parents would actually hide all my shoes so i couldnt go out. My parents would try to stand infront of the door.. my dad locked my window so it couldnt open to far cuz he thought i would jump out of it, my dad paid me $40 not to go out one night(so i didnt) but i was out the next night, my mom would cry her eyes out, she would sit at the window waiting for me to come out .. it just goes on and on.. but dont give up pretend like u dont care and slowly they start understanding... my parents still dont like when i go out and they never will but they start to understand that theres absolutly nothing they can do to stop me... so they let me out but they ask me to phone them a once through out the night so they know i didnt get raped by some bum...

u have to go threw a little ruff period with ur parents.. there will be fighting argueing etc.. but eventually it ends and they realize ur not a baby..

dont be a pussy and sorry it's so long

I don't know your parents but I'd say this is the worst advice ever. Keep sneaking out man. I did it for a long time.... Now I'm a big boy and I can go out when I like. Hahaha..

Man I don't know what kind of parents you (madbomber) have but if I just walked up to mine and said I was going out at like 12:30 when I was a kid they would have tried to beat my ass. Kids these days have it easy. You talk mad shit to your parents and walk all over them and treat them like shit. One day the real world will snap on your ass and you will wish they were still keeping you from sneaking out.... Your asses have no tolerance for the leather!!! Keep sneaking out kiddo...Or you could try that idea about busting a piece and showing them. That might work. I thought about doing that too but I didn't... My mom would tell me when she saw my freights sitting at a lay-up though... You think they don't know but they do.. Trust me they do. Parents usually suck. You're getting there though.. it will be over soon.

So to wrap it all up..

My advice: Quit graffiti while you still can kid.

Re: escape

yea.... my bedroom is on the 2nd floor.... my parents are sound sleepers but the stairs and door creak like helll... making you so damn paranoid it woke em up but you cant go back yet

Oil that squeaky ass door and slide down the fuckin rail. Hah.

you people are somewhat out of touch with reality...yeah kids do have it hella easy these days..id like to see some of you kids talk shit to my dad...tell him fuck you im going out...220 pounds of muscle mass...doesn't give a fuck what you have to say..you kids are bitches..16 years old acting tough and shit..i wen't through that same period of my pops flipping on me about painting..i was arrested twice in 2 months for graff...my dad,needless to say but ill say it,beat the fuck out of me...that just made me want to paint more.im not going to make myself sound like some sick bomber ill piecer with dope hands...i wasn't.but i knew i loved this shit...you have to realize or figure out why you are painting graffiti...if the reasons are hollow..then quit.i would sneak out all the time...my dad would be pissed..kick my ass...and id go paint again..it was a vicious cycle until i actually started painting decent work...and he actually saw some and was like..whoah my son is doing something thats pretty good looking...nowadays...he knows i paint..and i paint harder than ever before...we live in different states but i flew in to see him over xmas..and when i left...i bought about 40 cans...and he grabbed the bag with the paint...and he was like...you're one determined young man...and i was like yeah...its the shit i love...after i went through all the rough times with my pops..fistfights and what not...he became a really cool dude..while i had to sneak out for a long time..eventually i had to confront him,but only when i was sure i was into graff for the long haul....and i told him straight up that i paint trains..i bomb walls..and piece legals...i do it..and i will continue to do it.so he saw my determination now he respects what i do.he doesn't like it ...but he respects my decisions...some of you need to grow up...and you will....life is trial and error,not "get on a guestbook ask a question problem solved" you have to stick your neck out and sometimes the guillotine is going to get you.

My opinion is to keep what you're doing. Don't sneak out, don't defy them, but: slowly expose them more and more to your interest. For example, you could put up a big piece you drew on your wall, or leave out a marker, or a paper with some handstyles...but slowly expose them to it, until they find it as if it was second nature.

yeah man just wait till your parents find out that you have been sneaking out for a yeah.. ur relation ship will never be the same with them.. its better to tell them that u go out then to sneak around.. what happens if ur mom wakes up in the middle of the night and checks on u.. then ur not there so she phones the police cuz she's scared.. then u get home and theres a cop car in the driveway.. u walk in with ur half empty cans and paint all over ur hands and face..

I mainly don't tell them because it would just complicate shit so much. I wouldn't be too worried if they found out. If they did I would just tell graff is something I truly love and you can't stop me and probably tell them when I go out or just continue to sneak out. My mom never cheks on me while i'm asleep, i'm a big boy now.

haha .. i just walk right past my mom while shes on the couch watchin tv wiht a plastic bag full of cans rattling hah.. she says shit sometimes .. i just throw a line at her "alright mom .. thats good.. ill make sure to paint something nice for you" hah.. parents arent all mature really .. if you act like that.. then ask em for a ride to go get some fliks.. they'll wanna see them and shit heh.. ask you who did that.. and ask for one of yours to put on the fridge heh...

and intel .. im no god either.. but you really dont have a dope fill.. or a hand (that ive seen) ... keep trying though.. and stop painting that fill .. its really wak (dont take this the wrong way.. im just being honest.. i think you and cam are better then most the dumb fucks out there.. yall actually bomb a lil)

(sorry .. i cant type sentences and all that shit.. just type thoughts and put .. inbetween sorry )

Mr.B

by the way intel was that you takin a flick of my shit over by howard like 2 days ago? .. i seen someone from da train .. thought it was the buff at first :( ....

Archived