Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kettie

characters

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ya'll know what they all say.. . "a picture worth a thousand words" that would mean that a sick looking character would worth couple hundreds of tags or pieces.. but only if it's nicely done(the character that is)

all you writers out there that are tempting to put up characters better sketch and sketch some more on yours because a gay looking tag is so much less annoying looking than a gay looking character.

whatchu writing for???:mad:

Go to the Phun Factory

the best characters I ever seen or the hall o' fame in harlem

check it out you'll get some inspiration and it WILL explain how

characters effect graffiti

buuaaagghh

what the fuck are you kids thinks

you silly billys

everyone knows that giant one and twist do the best characters

true style

The best characters are simple but clean. Handstyles are developed only thru practice and experience. If you look at some of the most respectable writers they have developed a style both in their letters, and in their characters that show skill but symplicity even in their own "wild style" if that is what you want to label it. sank is the writer that pops into my mind. Others whos names I can't remember, a favorite of mine is on the flood wall in stl and has barbarians running from winged rino's with sling shots !pimp shit!

throw up characters

i think filled throw ups can be dope if one letter is a face or a character of some kind.. even the character as the throw up itself..

there was a guy in brisbane for a while who did LE throw ups every wher, the L was a ducks body and the E was its wing..

pretty cool

he was up ALOT too..

i was doing faces in my throwups for a while, its been a while since ive done that though..

my opinion: i hate kids who just do characters. its like thats defeating the purpose. there are exceptions though, like that dude other, his characters are dope and broke too. and whats that kids name from ny that used to do those ill faces on the streets of ny. those guys are dope cause they were bombin with it. but doing em just to be doing em at legal walls and doing faces cause thats all you can do is lame. i definetly think people should learn basic letter forms and structures before becoming character junkies.

Guest dephect

aussie writer phibs, renowned graff writert because he began writing with characters.

Guest willy.wonka

i used to do nothing but characters, but its people like you that think i need to flex my letter skill which causes me to slack on my characters..

i love how people talk shit about katch's pieces..they're not that bad..if you can dig some euro shit..there is no reason to think that katch is a shitty letter person..his characters a re dope..all around hawaii he was doing these rat characters and it was as simple as a toss-up for him, but major artwork to the rest of the world..

if you can bust characters thats good enough..look at "the mac"

people give much respect to him, but i have heard nobody say,"fuck that..he doesnt do letters"

its all art..and thats it.

Originally posted by The Pope

my opinion: i hate kids who ....blah blah blah ...

i hate people who get in my way especially dumb preppy bitches who run around talking on their cell phones

ok lets have a vote on the best character writer

i nominate david kinsey

htttp://www.kinseyvisual.com

twist,felon,espo,reas,phil frost,kaws, dalek, and that one guy from wild style technicians whos name i can rember right now but he does a dope looking lion

the kats from MAC crew outta France have it locked on characters. You can't fuck wit' dez' dudes. Anyone seen that one "Third Millenium" production. It's breath taking. Straight up 'next level' shit.