Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moonstrahl

Bombing vs. Piecing

Guest Dipher

As a prolific bomber Ive become bored of doing tags so mastering piecing for me is a logical step. Ill post some of my efforts here soon.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

piecing

It's all about combining the two, bombing w/pieces. Theres nothing like seeing a freestyle funk piece on a rooftop/fire escape ect. My favorite writers have always been those who find a balance between the two, getting up, and creating their own unique style. I'm a big fan of writers like Flush, Ayer, Ozie, cayper, Setup ect. It just seems somewhat redundant to do the same throw over and over a thousand times, but it's still really important to have your stuff seen. I'd rather have a few pieces in hot spots then the whole city killed with throwups, that's just me though.

fuck piecers... they do too many legals or have chill spots!! bombers take more of a risk on a dail basis

Re: WELL IF I WAS TO JUST CHOSE ONE .

Originally posted by el nervo

I WOULD CHOOSE FINGERING MY ASSHOLE AND ASKING YOU IF YOU WANT A LICK

hey now.....chose one does not finger his asshole.....

:D

you cant have pieces without bombing, bombing is the early stages of a writers development, u go from bombing, to throw ups, to silvers , into pieces, each time trying to develop your skills and get yourself an alround game...

i think you can tell what sort of seen a city has by its bombing seen, look at cities like london, newyork, amsterdam, paris, berlin all are totally bombed and all have good active seens going on.

umm...let's see...Piecing is to make things look pretty

i piece over ugly throwies and shit and vandalized project walls

but to go out of your way to bomb and to make your mark on the city

that's IZ THE WIZ style..Im out for fame hombre, So bomb the shit outta the city, mark your territory but piece to let them know you own it

fuck the hypocracy DO WAT YOU WANNA DO! You out to write your name in any shape or form...inter city youth is out to destroy!!!

Peace Homie:king:

Bombing or Peicing???

They are both integeral parts of graff...and as others have said there is an obvious evolution between the two, although this is not so obvious these days because through so mmany ppl puting in work into graff both bombing and peicing have diversifiesd somwhat...

I will say this though: if you dont have a nice tag you will never peice well....yeah ppl may put together some pretty wildstyle with a lot of colours and such but a peice should be judged first and formost by the outline ie the letters...

Yes peicing is far more technicly developed than bombing but this has swung alittle too far in my opinion...alot of peices these days are technicly brilliant but lack alittle somthing called SOUL!!!!!

this is somthing a tag will never lack, no matter shit the style...

I have come too this realisation over the last year, up untill recently i have been a peicing man straight up but now im alittle over it.....

bombing is reall and cannot be debated..piecing is alittlre iffy these days.

i cant believe you fools actually argued about this

i thought this was about to get clowned

this is the stupidest thread ever

stay true to game

Guest -MOE LESTER-

^^^ word...just shut the fuck up...go out and bomb....i personally find illegal hot spots 100000x more appealing than some legal wall, no matter what kind of graff is there....dopest writers are ones like reyes...who take legal wall type styles into the hottest spots!

there both super fun......i thnk bombing just gives you an adreniline rush......sorta.............

both is key

doing both is the way to go...if you cant peice you lack some key skills as a writer...but what i was saying is there are no fake bombers,but plenty of fake peicers...

Originally posted by moonstrahl

Hey there everyone, I am 100% sure that this is a thread that has graced this forum many times. Since I did not find it active right now, I am going to ask the question: Which is better bombing or piecing?

I personally thing that both is appropriate, but I wanted to see what everyone thought. I just got in an argument with someone who said that piecing is for people who think graff is art, and the true vandal bombs..., I am not sure how I feel about that since I can see arguments on both sides, but before I ramble my sac off I want you all to respond.

Who cares....? I think you should bomb and piece. But do whatever you want.

personally i wish i could piece, my piecing skills or lack there of.... well i suck : but when bombing i have a great time... so ill piece chillspots until i get better

obviously you need to be able to do both as everyone already said--but i think if i had to pick one, bombing is the essence of graffiti. while i do believe in the evolution from tags to throws to deadletters to pieces, i don't think that when you move to the next level you give up the previous level. how many writers in this day and age have a good throwup? or how about a oneliner? who has good deadletters? i think there's more people who are good at piecing than people who are good at bombing these days. and i don't think that's what graf is about, because your average joe can look at a legal and see that it's art. a vfr throwup, only a writer sees the beauty in that. i think that in order to do tags/throwies/deads right you need to have just as much skill as any piecer. and i think that while you can bust out simple letters earlier in your career, you dont really understand how to do it good until you've been painting for a long time. it's like learning a martial art. even when you're a black belt, you still practice the basics you learned when you were a white belt because that's your foundation.

depending on what a person is working towards by doing graffiti is really what should judge where the cards fall but in my opinion a good graffiti artist should do both, they should also probably catch linetags on a regular basis as well and if they are developed enough characters too but coming from the perspective of someone who is not good at character work unless preplanned i understand why one wouldnt want too. its definately good for experience reasons though even if you dont paint them illegally on a regular basis.

Dead letters?

Originally posted by garcia_vega

? who has good deadletters? .

Im not familiar with this term...would some one explint to me what dead letters are?

:confused:

i would say bombing is all the rush. when you piece you piece in spots that are known but a spot youre pretty sure not to get caught. when you bomb who gives a fuck where you do it. its all about the craziest spots with the dopest styles

It's more of a question of real estate than anything. If your in some abandoned spot, piece, because it's fun and you've got time. You don't do throwys and tags in abandoned or serious writer spots. It doesn't make sense. You do throwys in public where youll get up, you do pieces in lesser known spots where you'll get respecte. And never take this game to seriously. We're all writers, and most of us understand there are some who just bomb or just piece, so you don't have to be some multifaceted picasso to get up. Getting up has many definitions. Quality or quanity is mostly it. Quality will get you respected, a few niiiice pieces. Quanity will get you feared (cross outs), and quanity will get you up. Which is why most of the real kings do both. When I say kings I mean traditional ones. You know, piecing and bombing and that's it. No wheat paste, that. I mean aerosol kings. Bombing is like oral sex, compared to pieciing being sex. Yeah oral is quicker, not as satisfying. You may not always get a chance to go all the way, but when you do get sex, make it worth it. If you are in the mood for imideate payoff, then bomb.

i agree wit m8rd

but if you have a dope throwy than you can crush where ever cause other writters will say(Damn thats ill) then they crap them selfs when they see your piece.

or like ADEK said" To me,throw-ups are just as complex as an intricate piece.It just matters how sick you do the letters" thats why its good to have a dope throwie ;)

bombing is good fun after a night out, plus it requires less money...

i prefer peicing, it's a good feeling when you stand back at look at your finished work...

i love it all. I love a well done tag or a dope style throwup more than a wildstyle piece with no flow to it.

Piecing takes skill aswell but so do throwies. I mean, there's also that one time where you do a sick ass piece and some hater comes up and just does a throwie on your shit. And if that bomber is good, you wont know who was under him. Plus a lot of beef starts that way. People who just fuckin hate you or want to start beef will just do throwies over your shit and it's an easy way of fuckin up your piece.

-jkl

Bombing is like oral sex, compared to pieciing being sex. Yeah oral is quicker, not as satisfying.

Maybe it's just the girls I fuck with, but it usually takes me forever to bust a nut when getting head, and when I do it's mad satisfying, different than fucking.

But anyway...

It bugs the hell out of me when writers who piece all the time can't even write their name in a non-retarded fashion. Yeah, the well rounded writer who can rock tags, throw ups, dead letters, pieces etc is best obviously (true kings do it all), but if you want to specialize in pieceing, at least learn to tag your own name well (if not develop multiple tag styles for the whole alphabet, which would bump you toward the "style master" category). You gotta be able to tag, regardless of what you're "thing" is in the game.

People who are really ill at throw ups (style wise, not just spots/ups) are rare and get a lot of respect in my eyes. There's as many bullshit throwup writers out as there are bullshit wildstyle legal eagles out. But if you're comparing what's better, bullshit bombers vs bullshit piecers, I guess the bombers win on the guts factor.