Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moonstrahl

Bombing vs. Piecing

Recommended Posts

Hey there everyone, I am 100% sure that this is a thread that has graced this forum many times. Since I did not find it active right now, I am going to ask the question: Which is better bombing or piecing?

 

 

I personally thing that both is appropriate, but I wanted to see what everyone thought. I just got in an argument with someone who said that piecing is for people who think graff is art, and the true vandal bombs..., I am not sure how I feel about that since I can see arguments on both sides, but before I ramble my sac off I want you all to respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like to bomb but i like to take my time on it and make it loo kall nice and pretty and all that good shit use nice colors and all that but i don't think i could piece all that good so i just rock nice fill ins thats my 2 centz

 

much love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest eessee

i love it all about graff and everything that comes with it.....:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

both are totally different ummmmmm aspects of writing.

 

it takes skills to do each of them, while some relate in both categories... they are both very different aspects of graff.

 

bombing atleast to me, is more about having the nuts to go out and destroy shit, and get up. there is a style to it, and you can have mad style in your bombed letters and throw up etc... but its not the same as peiceing...

 

piecing is more about the letters and overall style to me... not everyone can piece as good as the other, and to me, peicing brings out your skills more, being clean, dope colors, the letters... etc...

 

:D both are dope...

 

and its important to do everything, tags,bombs, pieces, rollers, trains...the works...

 

be well rounded = :king:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest 87centHitMan

I think that you should be good at all aspects of writing. I see some people that will do nice pieces, but they can't bomb for shit. Handstyle is important, too. I see some kids that have had the same hand style for 3 years. That is LAME. You need good handstyle on top of bombing and piecing skill. But then there's the exact opposite...People that can bomb the hell out of shit but then they can't do a real piece. I think having piecing skill is more important than bombing skill, honestly. It isn't that hard to do bombs and throwies, but to do a real piece takes some effort. I myself need to get better at piecing, really. I can piece, but not like alot of the writers around my area can. It takes some time, trhat's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

id rather see a s bunch of sick bombs in sick spots , than a dope piece . but id rather see a dope piece in a sick spot than bombs in that spot .

and i dont give a rats ass about handstyles .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like bombing 50x better than peicing

 

1. im too lazy to go out and peice, make sketches, decided color skemes, spend 45% at a wall

 

2. i like bombing, simple, easy, fast, destructive, gets your name up

 

thats basicly it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by moonstrahl

Hey there everyone, I am 100% sure that this is a thread that has graced this forum many times. Since I did not find it active right now, I am going to ask the question: Which is better bombing or piecing?

 

 

I personally thing that both is appropriate, but I wanted to see what everyone thought. I just got in an argument with someone who said that piecing is for people who think graff is art, and the true vandal bombs..., I am not sure how I feel about that since I can see arguments on both sides, but before I ramble my sac off I want you all to respond.

 

piecing doesnt even intrest me a little bit.. probably cuz i cant piece and i dont have the ability to draw crazy shit like that.. bombing is more fun.. i way rather walk down the street and see some cube truck role by with a phat ass throwie on the side then go to some quiet area and see a sic piece..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cmeup

both are totally different ummmmmm aspects of writing.

 

it takes skills to do each of them, while some relate in both categories... they are both very different aspects of graff.

 

bombing atleast to me, is more about having the nuts to go out and destroy shit, and get up. there is a style to it, and you can have mad style in your bombed letters and throw up etc... but its not the same as peiceing...

 

piecing is more about the letters and overall style to me... not everyone can piece as good as the other, and to me, peicing brings out your skills more, being clean, dope colors, the letters... etc...

 

:D both are dope...

 

and its important to do everything, tags,bombs, pieces, rollers, trains...the works...

 

be well rounded = :king:

 

i've seen some of the sickest writers in vancouver pieces and they are fucking nuts and then u see one of there throwies and u wanna go shoot urself because there so ugly.. same with handstyles.. most really good piecers arent good bombers... of coarse there are some

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ASER1NE

id rather see a s bunch of sick bombs in sick spots , than a dope piece . but id rather see a dope piece in a sick spot than bombs in that spot .

and i dont give a rats ass about handstyles .

 

same man handstyles are nothing... i hate when ppl go bombing with like 20 cans and all they do is tags.. tags are ment to go on telephone polls and electrical boxes and other small places.. its stupid when u see ppl do tags on huge walls... do throwies..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by deadlydnut

whatever, i'd rather see a huge ass l'atlas tag than some hollow throw

http://www.armvr.net/latlas/TAG.gif'>

 

thats a dope ass tag^^

 

 

well for me,...i rather bomb....gives me more excitment.,...i rather do 50 throwups than one piece......plus i have ADD i cant concentrate for that long to do a piece.......:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way i see it is a peicer gets mad respect for being good at it, but gets more and better respect if he bombs, now a bmber gets respect if he hits mad shit up and bombs good but gets more respect if he peices. So bomb and peice. Thats how i see it and thats how alot of others do to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think piecing is better. any kid can go out and bomb. but piecing takes skill and talent. i love bombing. but my vote goes to piecing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they are both two elements of graff but you dont get known or up with peices no one goes under bridges or where ever and sees peices its all about the streets were the people are......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kodak

i think piecing is better. any kid can go out and bomb. but piecing takes skill and talent. i love bombing. but my vote goes to piecing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its all about piecing in the sick ass spots. throwies are for wieners. its all a competition to see who has the biggest balls. And if you're diligent enough to pull half hour pieces out of your ass anytime anywhere, then you're probebly a great contender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone said before and I agree totally with it, Piecing is on another level and mindstate than bombing. ANYONE CAN BOMB, but how many of them can create a fresh piece, with a clean border, inline, forcefields etc? How many of them kids know techniques for days on how to make something look certain ways? Maybe the fact that piecers don't have very good style bombing is because they don't spend the time perfecting a throw-up instead of creating a piece. I guess the decision is up to you, after you have been bombing for years, then maybe a few of you people on here might adapt the skill of piecing, in order to elevate your mind and do something new...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you can compare the two. Bombing is great for getting your name up and the adrenalin rush of hitting mad spots but peicing takes heaps more skill, and alot of the time looks better. As for the writers who just bomb, I think thats gay. A real writer can do both. I always try to do equal aounts of bombing and peicing. for every bombing session I try to do a peice so I can get better at both. I have heaps of respect for bombers who kill shit, because there the ones with balls but I also respect writers who can peice real well because there the true artists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×