Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
porque

How to get away...even when you get caught...

When getting chase by 5 0 you must dart in all directions, this has saved my ass from getting caught by a narc. Second make sure you throw away the evidence, tose it on a rooftop and last hide, but don't stay in one spot to long.

So like when Foresst Gump was adviced to "RUN FORREST RUN", i say the same "run" but run quick. Remember there are cops that can run too but I rather take the chance of escaping or a good ass wooping.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Zee_Zee

dont paint with peakers they just get you caught if the cops come coz they freak out and dunno what to do

Guest Edgar Cayce

yeah, I read like the first page, alot of ideas floating around, but none of it seems factual.

The fact of the matter is, if they want to search you they will. The only thing to worry about is, how things will look in coart. Not your parents finding out, not being grounded... yeah that shit seems big when your a teen, but once you get to my age... you see shit differently. Voice your rights, do NOT give consent to them searching anything on your person, whether it be a bag, your pockets, whatever. If you say you do not wish for them to search you, that is on the record (or your word against the cops, depends on the officer/s).

But the thing to remember is, probable cause is a sketchy topic. It can be made to stand up in coart. If your under age, they can say they smelled alchohol on your breath, weed on your clothes, glossy eyes, bloodshot eyes, etc. Things like that can stand up in coart as probable cause for search. Police always have the right to pat you down at any time. Which means, if your cans are in your waistline, and they pat you down, you can be fucked...

Take this from someone who lives in a major city, have 4 felonies in my past since I turned 18, a wrap sheet taller than me from my juvey days, and a case over my head right now which I'm going to coart for... I know about coart, I know about being searched, I know about all this bullshit... I've been thru this bullshit. Just take it from me.

My best word of advice for all yall is PLAN EVERYTHING in advance... pick spots, do bigger things than just taggin the streets, thats cool.. but planned big shit is 100x better. Just know you take a big risk when bombing (and I mean bombing, not just tagging.)

LEGAL TO CARRY PAINT!? HA!

Originally posted by porque

refuseing to allow them to search you in no way incriminates you...simply ask to see the search warrant...when they can't produce one tell them you see no reason why you are being detained and walk away...most of the time if they push things further THEY are the ones breakig the law and anything that happens will be counted as inadmisable in court which means you're scott free...

Another important thing to remember is that it is not against the law to carry paint around...it is only against the law to use that paint illegally...so unless they SEE you doing something you're usually ok.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT FROM CHICAGO WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL TO CARRY PAINT!!!! IN FACT SPRAYPAINT IS BANNED FROM ANY AND ALL STORES IN THE CHICAGO CITY LIMITS!!! THANX DALEY! ALSO WE GET FELONY CHARGES EVEN FOR THE FIRST OFFENSE!!!! ONLY THE MOST HARDCORE CLAIM KINGHOOD IN CHITOWN THE BUFF CITY.

To the person who said tell the truth and recited the honesty is the best policy spiel, I hate to see what happens to you after you do that a few more times... you got real lucky buddy.

Like someone already said, just think of what would be used in court. Most of the time police are relying on confessions for graffiti or pleas. Not many DA's want to waste their resources on prosecuting writers when there's not any solid evidence. Unless you're caughtt IN THE ACT or confess, you are 99.99% of the time good. Even if someone you paint with confesses, remember they'd have to testify in court if it came to that... and chances are it won't.

I was caught once leaving the scene after painting. It was like 3 AM and we had just painted all along a train line. I parked in this small manufacturing building down a deserted street and right when I was leaving a cop drove down. As soon as I saw him I told my homie to say we were painting in his bedroom (we had paint on our hands), and now we were just riding around. Obviously it's not a believable story, but I knew if we stuck with the same thing- no matter how bullshit it seemed, we'd get off. I took out my digi cam that I had in my pocket, deleted all the pictures I had on it. The cop followed me and eventually pulled me over up the street, asked if I had spray paint in the car, I said yes. He asked me to step out, asked the standard questions, etc, etc. I didn't resist the search. I knew I had cans, markers, stickers, etc on me, but like it's already been said- none of that is illegal (not here at least). More cops came and busted our balls for over an hour, trying to get us to confess, doing all the typical "he ratted you out! You're going to jail tonight!" spiels and eventually just had to let us go because neither of us flipped. They did however confiscate all of our graffiti like material for an "investigation", but for some unknown reason I went to the police station the next day and picked it all up... :cool:

The last time I got chased we ran and hid. There had to be at least 10 cop cars surrounding us, shining their lights all over, looking for movement. Driving off mad loud while other cars would stay, trying to get someone to leave. We all just hid from like 2:30 am to 6 and then left the scene with our hoods up tight, making it look like we were joggers. Just be slick...

The moral of the story is... don't ever confess. Paint with people you know will hold up under pressure. Get your stories straight ahead of time, and no matter what, always stick to it. Don't ever let yourself get caught in the act, and if by the chance you do... run your ass off cuz either way you're fucked.

Originally posted by tdoter

wow, i havent been caught because i look out for myself, when i go bombing i dont dress in suspicious clothes, dont carry a bag with graffiti on it, (duh) and i dont carry stickers or my black book, als o common knowledge, cuz once u get chased an du ditch ure cans, they may apprehend u but cant charge u with anything

ok...wot type of clothes are non suspicious?? i wear sum tracky daks, hoody jumper and white shoes wen i go out..and a graff clean bag (except 4 the paint in there).....is this attire suspicios..if so..wot should u wear???

peace out :idea: :cool: :confused:

probably already mentioned it, but. . .

I didn't bother to read everything, i just wanna kinda bring something up. The first page was about amendement rights and things you can do to get out of trouble. At least where I am, if you pulled that. . you'd be cracked in the face with a billy club. For example, an acquaintance had a can of paint on him and was walking with a friend in the southern area of town. A cop came up to him, asked him what it was for and he answered honestly, "making something at home."

The cop boxed his ears, (put one hand over one ear, and slammed the other.) Then the cop took his paint and painted all over his face and hoody. All that search and seizure stuff should be, but that's idealist. MOST cops are assholes and with stuff like, "homeland security" which in and of itself denies your amendment rights, how can you think telling a policeman (or woman) to respect your privacy would work?

please respond.

i agree one hundred percent with the above post. most cops are assholes. i got pulled with a friend of mine while walking down the street. the cops thought we were breaking into cars taking car radios. we had cans, they searched us, found the cans, and forgot all about the car radios, threw us into the squad cars and threatened to bring us in for having paint.

the point. cops dont give a shit about my rights or your rights, and neither will the courts. they will pin anything they can on you.

Originally posted by nickonium9

The question is, though, if not allowing them to search your bag incriminates yourself and gives them probable cause.

No.

how much riskier is it to go bombing on weekends ?

how many more pigs are out on weekends too?

:o

Originally posted by skillz

how much riskier is it to go bombing on weekends ?

how many more pigs are out on weekends too?

:o

Obviously a rookie, well anyway thats allright you have much to learn, as we all do. Just stay out bombing on weekdays 1:30am - dawn. This will prove a little bit safer.

The cop followed me and eventually pulled me over up the street, asked if I had spray paint in the car, I said yes. He asked me to step out, asked the standard questions, etc, etc. I didn't resist the search. I knew I had cans, markers, stickers, etc on me, but like it's already been said- none of that is illegal (not here at least). More cops came and busted our balls for over an hour, trying to get us to confess, doing all the typical "he ratted you out! You're going to jail tonight!" spiels and eventually just had to let us go because neither of us flipped. They did however confiscate all of our graffiti like material for an "investigation", but for some unknown reason I went to the police station the next day and picked it all up...

omg... A friend of mine was caught one time and the cops just took him to the station without any reason, they put him under pressure there claiming they could lock him up for pre-investigation or some shit for a week max untill he would confess and he flipped -_-' They can't actually take you away without a reason can they? I mean... I dont think these basic laws are much different between countries right? (im from the netherlands/holland)

fuck all this telling stories bullshit..who cares..ive never been caught but if i keep doing it its going to happen, just like the rest of you. the key is just take the charge, dont snitch..i dress however, just get your rep and be out, no lingering around trying to murder a spot.

is it safer to go with a crew and get some guys on the watch? Or should that be standard procedure?

Originally posted by sfx2

is it safer to go with a crew and get some guys on the watch? Or should that be standard procedure?

i only usually go out with someone else...it seems safer to have someone to look out for u and who will not dog on ya if u get caught..personally iv never been caught but i wanna know how other ppl make it all look none suspicious :confused: :confused: :idea: :cool:

Some excellent posts in this thread.

Some points:

1. You have rights. Use them as much as you can. Know them. Police officers are trained to exploit them; you must counterbalance this by knowing exactly what you can and cannot do. Relying on hearsay from friends isn't good enough. Get to know the law and its loopholes.

2. Don't expect the police to give you these rights. Many will by-pass them completely, with threats of violence and prison. Whilst this is illegal, there isn't much you can do at the time. Just remember that nothing will stand up in court. Keep your cool, and don't budge an inch. It'll pay off.

3. Get proper legal advice before doing anything, if you are "caught." Don't compromise with a "deal." Don't be forthcoming. It might make you look like an honest citizen, but it usually doesn't work. Say as little as possible. Act dumb.

4. Don't be stupid. Common sense applies when out writing. Scope out spots before you go to write there. Blend in, be careful with paint and evidence. Have an escape route and a back-up excuse for why you have 18 tins of paint in your rucksack, and keep your house free of anything incriminating.

Know your sh*t

Knowing the laws in your area is the best you can do... I'm in Washington State and our search and seizure laws change almost monthly...

There's TONS of places you can look to find updated laws regarding things, but this will take work on your part. The best thing you can do is obviously not get caught. But if (or more likely, when) you do, you need to know some simple things:

1. You don't need to say anything

2. You don't need to agree to anything

3. If you hear the words "you're under arrest" remember that you STILL don't need to say or agree to anything except to request counsel.

There's too many folks willing to "help" by telling you what to do or say... but the laws in one area aren't the same in another (Washington State, for example, offers more protective rights to its citizens against searches and seizures than the Constitution does!).

Just like finding spots to get up, just like cultivating your craft, just like knowing your game... you have to work at knowing where you stand legally.

one of the tricks used to get you to confess is that you'll only get a fine or something like that. truth is that the police have no control of your punishment, their job end when they send the charges to the DA. The DA doesn't even have to prosecute you (most of the time they will unless there is police fucking with your rights, or no evidence) the DA and the Judge and/or jury decide what your punishment is.

to look up your right nd laws in your state go to www.findlaw.com

AGENT N.E.R.D OF THE K.G.B.

in some situations just admitting to shit is the best thing to do (as long is its not fucking over anyone eles) but i know where im from if you admit to somthing ...you get a ticket....if they find out later that you did somthing then you go to court...

this happend to me last night i was walking to a spot at like 2 am and got picked up by 3 cops....they just wrote down what paint i had and were like i we see any new graffiti in these colors your the first one were calling...and that was it. i just walked away haha

admitting to it in some cases is ok, if your screwed you can admit to lesser things and hope thats all they'll know about. but in general if they need your confession you can most likely get off with dening it.

Originally posted by porque

...it may be illegal to buy paint if you're under 18, (it's not where i am, but state laws vary), but it probably isn't illegal to posses it...

like cigarettes