How to get away...even when you get caught...

porque

Originally posted by madbomber

on the show C.O.P.S this cop was driving down the street and he looked at thease 2 guys and he said to the camera man thease are graffiti vandals. (u could just tell by looking at them)He got out of the car and started talking to them...The cop asked if he could look in the bag and the 2 guys said sure. There was atleast 10 cans in the bag along with some markers and stickers. The cop knew the guys were graffiti vandals but since the cop didnt see them painting he's well like im gonna have to let them go since we didnt actually catch them in the act. He checked there hands for paint and they were clean. Just as he was letting them go this bitch lady ran up to the police officer and said she saw thease boys putting up stickers on a sign. So then there were arrested and went back to the station...

I saw that shit too, one of those fools was "LOG". They were arrested but the charges were soon dropped.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know anything about the new laws that have been or are being introduced in the UK?

It is all well and good noting your own experiences, but it is also important to realise that these are LOCATION SPECIFIC.

Just cos you got away skot.3 with paint on your hands and a tin in your pocket doesnt mean that anyone else will.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police.shtml

Everything you need to know. This is why I said make it a sticky, but noooooooooo..........

See, if more people actually listened to what I have to say, then countless pages in this rediculous thread could have been saved.

Won't someone please thing of the E-Trees??

Guest Flight_Risk

Aliases

I actually wrote this somewhere else but it needs to be here as well..

First of all it IS possible to get a ticket at the scene and be released, depending on where you live..

Soc Security- Give the first 5 numbers of your own ss# and change one of the last four. This makes it easier for you to remember, and also will check out with the location and birth date that you give them. The first five numbers indicate where you were born and when, so give them your real info on that. When that checks out, you'll have more of a chance of them beleiving you.

Name- Try to think up an alias that is close to your own name. For example if your name is Noreaga, tell them Moreaga or something. If you tell them something that sounds similar, but they do decide to take you in for prints, you can escape being charged with obstruction, etc. because it will seem like a typo. I know it sounds stupid, but I have personally have escaped more than once with this type of game...

The key to the alias game is having your whole plan locked ahead of time. You can't be making shit up as you go, or you WILL be exposed, and then you are truly fucked... If your alias and alibi are pretty tight and you stick to your story when they try and trick you, there's not much they can do. If you are racking or bombing or generally being an outlaw, having a tight alias is definantly a must.

peace, and try to have tight game in the first place so that you can avoid this shit in the first place.

peace

Guest KingJive305
Originally posted by dice

neary all the popular peace spots in northampton england(my home town) .are next to a river what are the chances, that a copper would follow you into a river and can a dog bite u whilst it is swimming:cool:

no matter what you are smarter then the dogg. but anyways if you think that your going to get away by swimming across the river and your positive there's no cops on the other side. when the doggy comes for ass mister postman drown dat ma'fuka. and dont tell to many people about drowning the dogg. word'll get around and next thing you know you'll be charged for police dogg brutality/manslaughter to the 400 degrees or something.

Guest KingJive305

Re: i didnt read any of this but

Originally posted by NAUTER

honestly i havent read any of the shit written... i read the first page briefly and a few comeents in between... but here my advice

since i have been bagged... beat the shit out of... painted.. alll by the police... i would advice... first thing.. dont hesitate to run.. if they caught u in the act and u do not run.. ur bagged... resisting arrest is bull shit that just makes things slightly worse...

truth is cops dont have anything against u unless they see u do it.. or catch u with the materials on you.. if u live in a big city ... where police dont care.. like NY or CALI.. then theyll search your bag either way.. it cost alot more to fight the power and almost impossible to prove police serched u illegaly.. they can make up any proboble cause they want..

if you cannn say your 15.. if you look close enough.. (16 or 17) its allot more paper work for them and they wont do it... say you don thave your ID or wutever... dont bomb with ID... cops will give you shit but it dont matter its minor.. good luck

listen to this. he's right if a cop/officer/cock doesnt see you writing/bombing/destroying anything he cant accuse you. trust me on this.

Guest KingJive305
Originally posted by TEEHEEHEE

sad to say but so far not getting caught is.... *luck*

luck? yeah right. i use to go bombing almost every night. never got caught. a few times cops have stopped me. but i never got searched or arrested. cops even went to my job looking for me. holler if you are listen to me.

Guest KingJive305
Originally posted by Kill Me Now

I saw that shit too, one of those fools was "LOG". They were arrested but the charges were soon dropped.

well i dont know about "COCKS" but i know a writer when i see one i can spot 'em out like white on rice or something.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KingJive305
Originally posted by KingJive305

what i meant was since they didnt have any evidence they couldnt do anything.teeheehee.

4get it im rambling or something.....

Originally posted by KingJive305

no matter what you are smarter then the dogg. but anyways if you think that your going to get away by swimming across the river and your positive there's no cops on the other side. when the doggy comes for ass mister postman drown dat ma'fuka. and dont tell to many people about drowning the dogg. word'll get around and next thing you know you'll be charged for police dogg brutality/manslaughter to the 400 degrees or something.

Haha this brings back memories of one of my mates from interstate hitting steel with few other lads they got chased from a lay-up by uniformed jacks went all the way down 2 like a national park this copper is on his ass so he makes 4 the river balaclaver on shoes the works,anyways the jack yells out dont bother buddy as there was a bridge not 2 far away so they cut him off.The others goy away.I woulda been temped 2 make the fukers get wet but u could imagine the hide'n u'd get 4 that.

• 2 weeks later...

in response to page one

some dude on page one said a hellicopter w/heatvision cant see you under a pine tree...first off i know someone who is in the military and knows for a fact because he has used inforead,nightvision,and heat source vision , that a pine tree is not cover... what would be cover would be something that insilates your heat or a "space blanket" which the military issues my friend was hiding in a mock war games from a tank from inforead wich is better than heat source (heat source is really outdated) infored will make you a very spotable white figure in a dark gray enviorment. so hellicopters more than likley use that nowadays. and even with the space blanky it dosent cover your heat compleltley it just makes it look like the signiture of maby a small animal so if the cop in the air dont know that trick your more than likley ok as for getting a blanky i have no fucking clue

so that shit about hiding under a pine tree is complet bull shit it works on heat a pine tree wont hide your heat

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by porque

...despite popular belief on this board, a magnet will not prevent a can from rattleing because they have glass marbles inside. glass has no magnetic properties...if you really want to keep your cans quiet, wrap them in a tee shirt, socks or something like that muffles rattling and keeps them from clanging...

...shakewell...some of your advice is good but remember that some cities pay top dollar to their vandel squad detectives so don't think that it's all just the dumb cops that will catch you...

wtf are u talking about? i use magnets on my cans all the time and the little metal balls always stick to them.. ive never seen a glass ball inside a paint can..

Re: one more thing

Originally posted by NAUTER

act calm and cool ... act nervice... but under no surcumstances say anything to incriminate your self...

they will give u mad shit like we saw you do it already or we already no u did it... THATS bull shit... if they saw they wouldnt askk do not admit anything and dont rat.. say you dont know the kids last name.. or make up a fake name.. if theyll pulling your leg and havent cuffed u or done anything for a while and are still talking then they dont have shit.. you can piss em off as much as you want.. tell the cops your friends name is the same name on his badge...

yeah piss them off good moron.. have u ever heard about police brutality.. it happens all the time

Originally posted by madbomber

wtf are u talking about? i use magnets on my cans all the time and the little metal balls always stick to them.. ive never seen a glass ball inside a paint can..

Im not sure about anywhere else, but in oz we got some cans that have glass or hard plastic marbles inside... one or two, on cheap cans. Similar to the balls inside posca and few other markers.

Originally posted by 87centHitMan

If that was incriminating, there would be no point in in fourth amendment rights at all. Declining a search is in no way incriminating. It is your basic fucking right. They WILL ask you things like, "Well, if there's nothing to hide, there's no reason to not let me search" or "OK fine, i'll just get a canine unit out here" Just keep saying you don't want searched, and mention your fourth amendment right. Never consent to a search, put up a fight until they either go away or search you against your will. If they know that you know what your rights are, they can't walk all over you. If there's no probable cause (pot smoke in the air, rattling cans, warrants, etc.) there is no reason for a search, PLAIN AND SIMPLE! Another thing, too, Always, always wear your gloves. I look at it the same way as wearing condoms. If you don't wanna catch STD's like AIDS or KIDS wrap your shit up! If you don't want to catch charges like criminal mischeif, railroad mischeif, etc. WEAR GLOVES! If there's no paint on your hands, even if you're standing next to a wet piece, you're just an innocent bystander. And don't fuck it up by letting them see your glove on your hand, either. Take it off, hide it, throw it away, something! I've been in this situation before, and escaped cleanly! Even if you hate gloves, If you're hitting up street, wear it! It'll save your ass one of these days!

Mad props to 87, you think just like me ?? Do i know you?:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

When getting chase by 5 0 you must dart in all directions, this has saved my ass from getting caught by a narc. Second make sure you throw away the evidence, tose it on a rooftop and last hide, but don't stay in one spot to long.

So like when Foresst Gump was adviced to "RUN FORREST RUN", i say the same "run" but run quick. Remember there are cops that can run too but I rather take the chance of escaping or a good ass wooping.

Guest Edgar Cayce

yeah, I read like the first page, alot of ideas floating around, but none of it seems factual.

The fact of the matter is, if they want to search you they will. The only thing to worry about is, how things will look in coart. Not your parents finding out, not being grounded... yeah that shit seems big when your a teen, but once you get to my age... you see shit differently. Voice your rights, do NOT give consent to them searching anything on your person, whether it be a bag, your pockets, whatever. If you say you do not wish for them to search you, that is on the record (or your word against the cops, depends on the officer/s).

But the thing to remember is, probable cause is a sketchy topic. It can be made to stand up in coart. If your under age, they can say they smelled alchohol on your breath, weed on your clothes, glossy eyes, bloodshot eyes, etc. Things like that can stand up in coart as probable cause for search. Police always have the right to pat you down at any time. Which means, if your cans are in your waistline, and they pat you down, you can be fucked...

Take this from someone who lives in a major city, have 4 felonies in my past since I turned 18, a wrap sheet taller than me from my juvey days, and a case over my head right now which I'm going to coart for... I know about coart, I know about being searched, I know about all this bullshit... I've been thru this bullshit. Just take it from me.

My best word of advice for all yall is PLAN EVERYTHING in advance... pick spots, do bigger things than just taggin the streets, thats cool.. but planned big shit is 100x better. Just know you take a big risk when bombing (and I mean bombing, not just tagging.)

• 3 weeks later...

LEGAL TO CARRY PAINT!? HA!

Originally posted by porque

refuseing to allow them to search you in no way incriminates you...simply ask to see the search warrant...when they can't produce one tell them you see no reason why you are being detained and walk away...most of the time if they push things further THEY are the ones breakig the law and anything that happens will be counted as inadmisable in court which means you're scott free...

Another important thing to remember is that it is not against the law to carry paint around...it is only against the law to use that paint illegally...so unless they SEE you doing something you're usually ok.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT FROM CHICAGO WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL TO CARRY PAINT!!!! IN FACT SPRAYPAINT IS BANNED FROM ANY AND ALL STORES IN THE CHICAGO CITY LIMITS!!! THANX DALEY! ALSO WE GET FELONY CHARGES EVEN FOR THE FIRST OFFENSE!!!! ONLY THE MOST HARDCORE CLAIM KINGHOOD IN CHITOWN THE BUFF CITY.

To the person who said tell the truth and recited the honesty is the best policy spiel, I hate to see what happens to you after you do that a few more times... you got real lucky buddy.

Like someone already said, just think of what would be used in court. Most of the time police are relying on confessions for graffiti or pleas. Not many DA's want to waste their resources on prosecuting writers when there's not any solid evidence. Unless you're caughtt IN THE ACT or confess, you are 99.99% of the time good. Even if someone you paint with confesses, remember they'd have to testify in court if it came to that... and chances are it won't.

I was caught once leaving the scene after painting. It was like 3 AM and we had just painted all along a train line. I parked in this small manufacturing building down a deserted street and right when I was leaving a cop drove down. As soon as I saw him I told my homie to say we were painting in his bedroom (we had paint on our hands), and now we were just riding around. Obviously it's not a believable story, but I knew if we stuck with the same thing- no matter how bullshit it seemed, we'd get off. I took out my digi cam that I had in my pocket, deleted all the pictures I had on it. The cop followed me and eventually pulled me over up the street, asked if I had spray paint in the car, I said yes. He asked me to step out, asked the standard questions, etc, etc. I didn't resist the search. I knew I had cans, markers, stickers, etc on me, but like it's already been said- none of that is illegal (not here at least). More cops came and busted our balls for over an hour, trying to get us to confess, doing all the typical "he ratted you out! You're going to jail tonight!" spiels and eventually just had to let us go because neither of us flipped. They did however confiscate all of our graffiti like material for an "investigation", but for some unknown reason I went to the police station the next day and picked it all up... :cool:

The last time I got chased we ran and hid. There had to be at least 10 cop cars surrounding us, shining their lights all over, looking for movement. Driving off mad loud while other cars would stay, trying to get someone to leave. We all just hid from like 2:30 am to 6 and then left the scene with our hoods up tight, making it look like we were joggers. Just be slick...

The moral of the story is... don't ever confess. Paint with people you know will hold up under pressure. Get your stories straight ahead of time, and no matter what, always stick to it. Don't ever let yourself get caught in the act, and if by the chance you do... run your ass off cuz either way you're fucked.

Originally posted by tdoter

wow, i havent been caught because i look out for myself, when i go bombing i dont dress in suspicious clothes, dont carry a bag with graffiti on it, (duh) and i dont carry stickers or my black book, als o common knowledge, cuz once u get chased an du ditch ure cans, they may apprehend u but cant charge u with anything

ok...wot type of clothes are non suspicious?? i wear sum tracky daks, hoody jumper and white shoes wen i go out..and a graff clean bag (except 4 the paint in there).....is this attire suspicios..if so..wot should u wear???

peace out :idea: :cool: :confused:

probably already mentioned it, but. . .

I didn't bother to read everything, i just wanna kinda bring something up. The first page was about amendement rights and things you can do to get out of trouble. At least where I am, if you pulled that. . you'd be cracked in the face with a billy club. For example, an acquaintance had a can of paint on him and was walking with a friend in the southern area of town. A cop came up to him, asked him what it was for and he answered honestly, "making something at home."

The cop boxed his ears, (put one hand over one ear, and slammed the other.) Then the cop took his paint and painted all over his face and hoody. All that search and seizure stuff should be, but that's idealist. MOST cops are assholes and with stuff like, "homeland security" which in and of itself denies your amendment rights, how can you think telling a policeman (or woman) to respect your privacy would work?

please respond.

i agree one hundred percent with the above post. most cops are assholes. i got pulled with a friend of mine while walking down the street. the cops thought we were breaking into cars taking car radios. we had cans, they searched us, found the cans, and forgot all about the car radios, threw us into the squad cars and threatened to bring us in for having paint.

the point. cops dont give a shit about my rights or your rights, and neither will the courts. they will pin anything they can on you.

Archived