How to get away...even when you get caught...

porque

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man there aint no way ur gonna refuse a cop to look in ur bag at 2,3,or 4 am do u think they care if they violate ur rights.. no ones around whos gonna see if they beat ur skinny ass down paint ur face with ur own paint an take you home sayin you got beat up by a gang at that time... an plus community service is fun i spent my day folding towels at a ymca in nyc listin to music. The only advice u need to know is fuck who sees you cuz by the time they call the cops you ur gonna be done an gone an an most likely ther more scared of you then you are of them.. only run if u hear sirens or old guys with shotguns just walk around in decent clothes but make sure ur pants are baggy an have a belt u can hold 2 cans nice in them an baggy carpenter pants with all the pockets hold more experiment with clothes certain jeans u can hold a can in the pocket an there aint even a bulge i can walk around with about 6 cans in my jeans an if they stop i just walk around witha ciggeratte an say i went out to smoke if they dont see a hoody or bag they wont care gloves are good too

Know your RIGHTS if you get stopped.

Most of what I’m seeing here is good and fun advice -- but if you get stopped by a cop being a smart ass will probably not get you out of trouble as easily as simply knowing your rights.

Below is what I've found that legally works -- and if you do get brought up before a magistrate you'll increase your chances of having any charges dismissed.

It is reasonable and legal for a cop to approach you and ask you questions. Cops on patrol and beat cops (cops walking a foot path) can stop you in what’s called a “terry stop.” Cops do these sorts of stop when someone “looks funny” (reasonable suspicion) – if you swerve when you drive or look out of place in some way when on foot (yes, some times this involves discrimination) the cop can stop you.

HOW TO DEAL WITH A TERRY STOP:

Part 1: Questioning and interrogation.

During a terry stop the cop can ask you anything he wants such as:

“Where are you going?”

“Where are you coming from?”

“Where do you work?”

“What school do you go to?”

Even if the cop seems friendly or like he’s making idle chat he’s not. He’s actually interrogating you and it’s something they are trained to do. By asking these and other questions the cop is hoping that you’ll slip up and volunteer some sort of information which he can further use to question and ultimately build reasonable suspicion.

For instance, if you tell the cop that you’ve just came from a party at a friend’s apartment not only have you opened yourself up to further questioning (“How much did you have to drink at your friend’s party?”) you’ve also just implemented other people.

Other lines of questioning may assist the cop in running a background check on you. Again – if you have warrants out for your arrest or prior convictions on your record this will bring the cop closer to cuffing you and hauling you off.

You can not be arrested simply for not identifying yourself – but IF the cop is able to establish reasonable suspicion that you’ve committed a crime (you’re drunk, there is fresh vandalism nearby, etc) he can haul you in and hold you until you’ve been identified and possibly charged.

It’s best to simply provide the cop with your name and address (verbally). You do not have to produce any ID (unless you were stopped while driving) or give the cop other information such as your social security number.

More on what to say to a cop below.

Part 2: Searches.

During a terry stop the cop may only search your person (pat you down, frisk you) if he feels that you may pose a threat to him. This search is ONLY on the outside of your clothes supposed to be for weapons. For instance, the cop can pat you down and “feel” an object in your pocket, but unless it feels like the barrel of a gun or the handle of a knife he cannot empty your pockets. He’s not even allowed to remove items from your pockets that do not feel like weapons. (Course, this is a moot point – obviously if the cop “feels drugs” or whatever he’s going to pull them out and charge you – but it will stand up in court that the cop did not have reasonable suspicion to search your FOR drugs and your lawyer can pressure the judge to throw the case out.)

If you’re calm, polite and appear to have your senses about you the cop isn’t not constitutionally allowed to search you.

NEVER submit to any search from a police officer. Sometimes when you’ve been pulled over in your car or are stopped on the street the cops will ask, “May I search your car,” or “Would you submit to a search?” No matter how innocent or drug and weapon free you might be, ALWAYS decline a cop search. The cop may become hostile. He may something like, “What have you got to hide?” Stick by your guns and don’t let him wear you down into submitting to a search (they will try several times to talk you into it.)

Trust me – if the cop has even the slightest reason (probable cause) to search you HE WILL. If he asks to search first it’s because he’s trying to get you to relinquish your rights in the hopes that he will find something with which to incriminate you with. When they ask, that means they have nothing to go on. Asking to search you is their last straw at finding some reason to arrest you.

Part 3: Exercise your rights.

During a terry stop a cop cannot detain you for more than a reasonable amount of time for him to establish suspicion of a crime.

Obviously the circumstances weigh heavily on what is a reasonable amount of time. For instance if you’re at the scene of a shooting or some other serious crime then it’s reasonable for the police to hold you until they are able to ascertain that you had nothing to do with the crime. In this case the balance of suspicion falls in their favor. If you’re just walking down the street, minding your own business a cop has a much smaller window of time in which to stop and talk to you before allowing you to move on.

Be polite. Be firm.

If you are approached by a cop and asked to identify yourself, state very firmly, but politely that you are in a hurry and do not have time to talk with them. If he persists in wanting you identify yourself then comply by showing him your id or telling him your name and address (your not required to produce ID unless driving a car).

If he tries to ask you questions (such as where you’re going, etc) reiterate that you are in a hurry and do not have time to speak with him. Say, “I’m sorry officer, but I really must be on my way.”

If the cop tries to keep interacting with you (asking questions, sizing you up) ask him if you are under arrest. Asking a cop if you’re under arrest is the MOST legitimate question you can ask the cop. It’s your right to know what your “status” is when interacting with the police and they are required to inform you. (This is why they announce when they are placing you under arrest and read you your Miranda rights.)

The cop may come back with some question or comment of his own like, “Do you think I should arrest you,” or, “How would you like me to arrest you?” Ignore his comments and ask again, “Officer you did not answer my question: Am I under arrest?”

The cop will have to admit that you are not in fact under arrest – this is when you ask the cop if you’re free to go. Continue to ignore the cop’s questions and ask if you’re free to go until he eases up and agrees that you’re free to go.

It’s also effective to ask the cop if he has observed you doing anything wrong. If he admits that he didn’t see you break any laws then you’re free to go.

Ultimately interacting with cops is about defending your rights. So many people never know how to address cops and wind up incriminating themselves and others.

FWIW, don’t be cocky and say something like, “I know my rights!” Trust me – the cop is going to know your rights way better than you will (he’s trained to nullify your rights) and you’ll just piss him off.

The cop isn’t required to let you know your rights until you are placed under arrest (This is when you’re read your Miranda rights and told that anything you say can and will be used against you.) By knowing exactly what you’re required to say to the cop as he’s doing his “terry stop” you can better defend your rights.

A cop is always less likely (and able) to mess with those people who exercise their rights when interacting with them. If the cop sees that you’re not a push over and that you’re just trying to look after your rights (rather than be standoffish) he’ll let you go on your way.

The ACLU has more information about interacting with cops here:

http://www.csuchico.edu/pot/bustcard.html

I was catching tags on the back door of a building, and this lady ratted us out. So this cop rolls up, a block away. And my friend has a courier bag, but all that's in it are a few beers, so the smarty pants cop searches my friend and then lets us go. He even missed the silver mark on my hands. Decoy Boy all the way.

uneverknew

universal studios

last weekend i went to halloween horror nights at universal studios islands of adventure in o-town florida. they make a big deal out of security when you enter. you have to go through a metal detector and then pat you down. if you have anything in your pockets you have to empty them out. some guy in front of me emptied out his pockets into the tray. among his stuff was a pack of cigs. the cops took the plastic tray, and then opened up his ciggeretts and found two joints. they arrested him. could he have refused to let the police look through his belongings? what if during the pat down, they felt the cigs and asked him to take them out (even though its not a weapon). even though it wasn't a weapon, they could have pulled some bs "terrorist" line on him. if he refused a search, could they refuse his admission? thoughts/opinions/answers?

peace

www.hiphopcollective.org

Check out the up and coming Soul Cypher 02 at UF

Originally posted by porque

if you have red paint on your finger, and the alley you just came from has a fresh red tag in it, then they have probable cause to search you and you will be caught...

just when can a cop decide what is probable cause though? for instance, can they say they have probable cause because its 3am and no one else is around and your standing 20 yards from a fresh peice?

strungout....by entering that premesis you are subject to their terms and security, if the guy had seen that they were searching people he should have left, but it is legal to search people as they enter a club, if you don't want to be searched, then don't go...on another note, if you're going to put joints in a cigarrete pack, roll them with a machine and add a filter so even if they look in there they may not be able to tell, just hope they don't smell em...

amptoo...unless there is something that they can use to connect you to the piece, they would not hva eprobable cause...if this happened to you and the cop searched you, just keep your mouth shut and don't say anything....hopefully you can get a good lawyer to sort it out later.

everyone has a lot of good input on this topic and i agree that this post is MUCH needed so study up kids. basically what it all boils down to here is the SITUATION. it depends on what the cops saw (or say they saw) what you have on you, is there paint on your hands, your clothes, how well do you know the cats you're out with; i.e. will they rat??

so the best advice i can give is think on your feet. come quick with whatever you tell these pigs. be confident in EVERYTHING you say. cops smell fear just like we can smell their bacony goodness. make up something absurd. act a bit confused and disoriented. cops have found paint on me before and i straight up told them i was huffing the shit and if my girl found out she would kill me, thats why i had the gloves. or if they really start pinning shit on you act lame and make like the copy cat. "oh this fine ass girl i hooked up with thinks graff is the coolest so i was just trying to impress her by copying some other stuff i've seen" or "of course this is the first time i've EVER done ANYTHING like this, how so you think you caught me so easily officer" but the number one thing to remember, and i can't stress this enough, the cops CAN be easily outsmarted if you play it right. think about it, they're cops. if they were any smarter they would be lawyers or scientists or some shit. or if they are actually smart and love police work they wouldnt be walking a beat, they would be working murder cases and more important shit. your average beat cop that takes down writers is nothing than a mere grunt. easily outsmarted. just remember that and be confident. or just don't get caught in the first place........

...despite popular belief on this board, a magnet will not prevent a can from rattleing because they have glass marbles inside. glass has no magnetic properties...if you really want to keep your cans quiet, wrap them in a tee shirt, socks or something like that muffles rattling and keeps them from clanging...

...shakewell...some of your advice is good but remember that some cities pay top dollar to their vandel squad detectives so don't think that it's all just the dumb cops that will catch you...

fuckin right.

i posted somethin a few weeks ago about gettin caught stenciling... well i had my court hearing today and got NOTHING! fucking NOTHING! :lol: appearantly if the cop that caught you doesnt show up, the whole damn thing gets dismissed. i thought this only worked with speeding tickets and shit... nope. no fine, no community service, no criminal record. i'm fuckin stoked :D

lets say me and my homeboy get caught. im 16 and hes 19... we get caught by the bevis and butthead of the district 5 police force.

- our rights were not read to us -

how can this work to my advantage? is everything i told them dissmissed now?

please help, my homeboys in jail right now and i gotta get him out.

wow, i havent been caught because i look out for myself, when i go bombing i dont dress in suspicious clothes, dont carry a bag with graffiti on it, (duh) and i dont carry stickers or my black book, als o common knowledge, cuz once u get chased an du ditch ure cans, they may apprehend u but cant charge u with anything

Originally posted by porque

...despite popular belief on this board, a magnet will not prevent a can from rattleing because they have glass marbles inside. glass has no magnetic properties...if you really want to keep your cans quiet, wrap them in a tee shirt, socks or something like that muffles rattling and keeps them from clanging...

Not sure about other cans but molotows and ral's have metal marbles inside, i think 4 smaller ones. And on inflammable.com they sell (used to) this thing which looks like a stubbie holder, exept its for cans so you slide the can inside it and its meant to make it NOT rattle.

Now a question about the whole magnet deal... i had a flat magnet bigger than a normal can base around 1.5 cm bigger in diameter so it was sticking out, it was powerful enough that when u stick it to a peice of metal, you better have a screwdriver nearby. BUT it didnt work well with any of the cans i tried and figured they would have metal marbles inside... Suggestions?

I agree with what most of shakewell said.My advice would 2 not give them shit act chill,calm,speak confident not softly like a bitch.Remember they are most likely wanna interveiw on tape so dont try 2 fabricate shit 2 get your self in the clear.If u do keep it simple & stick 2 your story.When there ask'n u stuff b4 the interveiw ask 4 them 2 record this.Most importly say "NO COMMENT" through out the interveiw.U have 2 give your name & address.They have only the tape as evidence at that stage so dont continue with your fabricated story,unless its tight.They will try 2 give u the imression that say'n no comment is incriminating yourself but really its the oppisite.In the interveiw they can say shit like "i put 2 you that you vanalised that wall,would u agree" "no comment".Hold your own & remember they need proof.Even if they decide 2 charge u with some lame ass shit coz they rekon its u once it gets 2 court they need solid evidence 2 make the charge stick or a conviction.After this stage they will then tell u what evidence they have on you or if any.They relie on u fukn up & agreeing with there suspicsions but if u stick with no comment they have nothing from you.Wearing gloves is a great fukn idea couldnt agree more.

My 2 cents.

did we learn nothing from the Usual Suspects???

come on lads, police are not the brightest bulbs on the christmas tree.

years ago i read an article about a guy who was sueing the state of CT ( yea id butcher it if i spelled it), for not allowing him to be a state trooper on the grounds that he scored to hi on his IQ test, and police work would bore him...

i didnt read any of this but

honestly i havent read any of the shit written... i read the first page briefly and a few comeents in between... but here my advice

since i have been bagged... beat the shit out of... painted.. alll by the police... i would advice... first thing.. dont hesitate to run.. if they caught u in the act and u do not run.. ur bagged... resisting arrest is bull shit that just makes things slightly worse...

truth is cops dont have anything against u unless they see u do it.. or catch u with the materials on you.. if u live in a big city ... where police dont care.. like NY or CALI.. then theyll search your bag either way.. it cost alot more to fight the power and almost impossible to prove police serched u illegaly.. they can make up any proboble cause they want..

if you cannn say your 15.. if you look close enough.. (16 or 17) its allot more paper work for them and they wont do it... say you don thave your ID or wutever... dont bomb with ID... cops will give you shit but it dont matter its minor.. good luck

one more thing

act calm and cool ... act nervice... but under no surcumstances say anything to incriminate your self...

they will give u mad shit like we saw you do it already or we already no u did it... THATS bull shit... if they saw they wouldnt askk do not admit anything and dont rat.. say you dont know the kids last name.. or make up a fake name.. if theyll pulling your leg and havent cuffed u or done anything for a while and are still talking then they dont have shit.. you can piss em off as much as you want.. tell the cops your friends name is the same name on his badge...

Guest old_woman

FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICE!!K THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICFUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICE!!K THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICE!!K THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICFUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICE!!K THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE UCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICE!!K THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICFUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICE!!K THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICE!!K THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICFUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK HE POLICE!!K THE POLICE!! FUCK ! FUCK! FUCK THE POLICE!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUCK PIGS!!

FUCK PIGS!!!

FUCK THE PIGS!!!!!

KILL A PIG!!!!

KILL A PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!

BACON FOR LUNCH DINNER AND BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

kill a pig!!!!!!!!!

FUCK THE PIGS!!!!!!!!!

FUCK FUCK FUCK THE PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK POLICE YO I'M OUTTA THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!

well, i cant run either, i eat too much mcdonalds. i cant lie either which is pretty hard when your dad is in the navy and has been workin with the sas and bin to wars and been through interigations, but i manage to go without my parents catchin me. ive been chased by the feds once or twic but got away.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived