How to get away...even when you get caught...

porque

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A guy a few posts up had some good advise about evading pursuit. I wanted to add one thing to that. Get a bicycle and learn to ride it well. If you can ride a mountainbike or even bmx bike at a sprinting pace over/around damn near any obstacle in your path you will be a formidable opponent. One great thing about a bike is that if you dress normally you just look like a guy riding his bike, so I kind of use it as a disguise as well as a tool for evasion. Plus if you have to bail on foot a bike is fairly cheap you can just ditch it and get another one, better than getting your car impounded when you get arrested. 90% of my work has been done with the help of a bike. Being on a bike has saved my ass more than a few times.

advice for bikers

I looked at alot of posts early in this thread and I see things about having a backpack, shoulder bag, whatever.

Not a terrible idea with the whole "consent to search" thing, but also not the best, cuz cops are dick heads and are gonna search you regardless.

for riding abike, there are these small back pack type things called camelbacks, I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, it has a pouch for water in its only main compartment, and a tube running up one of the straps to your mouth.... cut the tube at the base right infront of the pouch, take the pouch out, but keep the tube in its place, with the pouch out, you can fit quite a few cans in there, and no one will suspect that, everyone knows what those things are, that they only carry water.

anyway, in the rare event that you might get pulled over, all you gotta say when they ask what you are doing out so late or whatever... "I want to excercise and hate traffic so I go out late"............ or if you look in shape enough to use this excuse (i dont) "I'm preparing for a triathlon and dont wanna stop for traffic every corner"

something along those lines, you get the picture...

Yeah i do most of my shit on bike for a couple of reasons. 1). you look a hell of a lot less suspicious than some fool walking arond all hoodied out with a clanky back pack. 2). Rest that shit up against a wall, climb on top of the frame and hit some high spots. 3). It solidifies a a story of "yeah i was just painting some shit (assuming that the cop has searched you and still giving you a chance to talk haha) over at my friend's house but he lives kinda far so I didn't wanna walk" etc. you get the idea. Anyway I really like the camelback idea I'm definately gonna look into that. This is kinda off topic but does anybody have some advice to make your bag less noisy when its stacked with cans?

^^^ Pack full cans and stand them upright. That's all you really need to do. If you are super paranoid you could wrap them in a towel, but I think that doesn't do much and just takes up room in your bag.

• 1 month later...

Buy NFL jerseys online

Might see there are not so many citizens wearing NFL jerseys in the streets, the main cause are the universal look of the jerseys. Though, there are so many cheap NFL jerseys that you can hunt innumerable online. For those NFL jerseys the internet is absolutely the best place to go. If you look for firm enough, you will discover those extensive NFL jerseys out there.After you decide what kind of jersey you desire, which will restrict your search, you should think about your financial plan. When all these are done, go penetrating. Because there are websites on the mesh that purchase their merchandise form suppliers at comprehensive then sell it to people at astound bottom prices. So typically these online goods can really save a large number. As for those wholesale jerseys, merely if you obtain the admission to the supplier, you can turn up at them. But the wholesale cost will also be achieved when there is actually enormous reduction or permission sale.

Haha, shit. I moved to a hick town from Philly for school and I was out bombing last night when out of nowhere some dude is on a balcony pointing his phone at me, with a group of friends. So many fucking hero's in this town, it's happened twice now, I don't know if he was shooting video of took a picture. Tons of freights here though, and there is a routine stop about 10 mins away walking distance from my house. I should lay low, but I can't stop.

to what people said about bikes being less heat, that is true but if ur spotted doin shit on a bike and most likely thisll be at night when there wont be any other bikers on the road you will be too easy to pick out.. unless ya feel comfortable ditchin ur bike haha

what i want to know is what the penalties in some european countries like france and spain are for graffiti

advice for bikers

I looked at alot of posts early in this thread and I see things about having a backpack, shoulder bag, whatever.

Not a terrible idea with the whole "consent to search" thing, but also not the best, cuz cops are dick heads and are gonna search you regardless.

for riding abike, there are these small back pack type things called camelbacks, I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, it has a pouch for water in its only main compartment, and a tube running up one of the straps to your mouth.... cut the tube at the base right infront of the pouch, take the pouch out, but keep the tube in its place, with the pouch out, you can fit quite a few cans in there, and no one will suspect that, everyone knows what those things are, that they only carry water.

anyway, in the rare event that you might get pulled over, all you gotta say when they ask what you are doing out so late or whatever... "I want to excercise and hate traffic so I go out late"............ or if you look in shape enough to use this excuse (i dont) "I'm preparing for a triathlon and dont wanna stop for traffic every corner"

something along those lines, you get the picture...

good shit..

So uh, who the fuck dosent run when the see cops rollin up? I know there are some fat taggers and all, but book it bitch. Ditch your paint if you have to, and a good tactic if you get caught is to act gay. A good percentage of cops are straight and wont want to deal with you.

wear layers and always have two different looks so that your description can change up completely.... and find the name of one of the best lawyers around you that is known for getting people off even if you can't afford them. If you call the number while you are being held and post bail, you could have much more positive results at your arraignment. If you dont hire them for the whole case you can still get your public defender. The court system is bullshit. Money is the answer to every legal problem.

So uh, who the fuck dosent run when the see cops rollin up? I know there are some fat taggers and all, but book it bitch. Ditch your paint if you have to, and a good tactic if you get caught is to act gay. A good percentage of cops are straight and wont want to deal with you.

This could backfire spectacularly...:lol: Still, it'd be almost worth it.

wear layers and always have two different looks so that your description can change up completely.... and find the name of one of the best lawyers around you that is known for getting people off even if you can't afford them. If you call the number while you are being held and post bail, you could have much more positive results at your arraignment. If you dont hire them for the whole case you can still get your public defender. The court system is bullshit. Money is the answer to every legal problem.

Yeah.. all that!

• 3 months later...
If that was incriminating, there would be no point in in fourth amendment rights at all. Declining a search is in no way incriminating. It is your basic fucking right. They WILL ask you things like, "Well, if there's nothing to hide, there's no reason to not let me search" or "OK fine, i'll just get a canine unit out here" Just keep saying you don't want searched, and mention your fourth amendment right. Never consent to a search, put up a fight until they either go away or search you against your will. If they know that you know what your rights are, they can't walk all over you. If there's no probable cause (pot smoke in the air, rattling cans, warrants, etc.) there is no reason for a search, PLAIN AND SIMPLE! Another thing, too, Always, always wear your gloves. I look at it the same way as wearing condoms. If you don't wanna catch STD's like AIDS or KIDS wrap your shit up! If you don't want to catch charges like criminal mischeif, railroad mischeif, etc. WEAR GLOVES! If there's no paint on your hands, even if you're standing next to a wet piece, you're just an innocent bystander. And don't fuck it up by letting them see your glove on your hand, either. Take it off, hide it, throw it away, something! I've been in this situation before, and escaped cleanly! Even if you hate gloves, If you're hitting up street, wear it! It'll save your ass one of these days!

I mean.. ur right about the gloves , n about your 4th amendment right .. n It is true that its not incriminating if u live in the u.s but if your not in the US.. im in portugal.. n most cops dont give a FUCK about u sayin i kno my rights n shit..

theyll still search u n probably smack yu up .. just the other day they beat up my homiez jus cuz they were walkin away from the ghetto .. then they took em to the police station , rippd their earrings off, beat them bloody and accused them of stealing frm numerous houses... n my homie didnt do SHIT! fuck corrupt bitch ass police (n when i say this im refferin to *corrupt* police not police in general) .. but yea i always wear my glovs when i bomb or piece .. thats sumn all writers shud do

• 3 weeks later...

get a pba card or some form of law enforcement fraternity card and carry that.

if caught, just bullshit them that your uncle, cousin, brother etc. is on the job.

theyre not going to check especially if ur out of state.

worked for me twice so far. once in ny the other in vegas.

if youre painting and you might get rolled up on, if may be wise to keep a universal cuff key under a watch or behind a bracelet, on the back inside of your belt where they cuff you.... just sayin. and every writer should know their 4th amendment backwards and forwards twenty times over. if you get stopped and you werent actively painting, just act like you aint got a thing to worry about. what gear? calm and polite like some average dude walking down the sidewalk leaving his gf's or homeys. its a cops job to spot crooks so they are going to be relatively skilled at it. be cool with em, friendly. at night cops are on edge automatically so you have to make the first step to back them off. smile, uses sirs and ma'ams. dont be overly casual, just appropriately calm. that has ALWAYS worked for me and my towns got horrible cops everywhere as is.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few questions myself:

If im going to college on grants and loans, will getting caught fuck me over?

and

Is it true,t that you can only be charged for the one peice your doing, not every one of them. I saw a video with a lawyer person saying that.

man, if a cop gets on your nuts about painting and you have a bag full of supplies, but he has no evidence/didn't see you do anything, get on him about it.

for instance: "what are you doing out so late?", "can i see some id?" "whats in the bag?"

your response should be "I'm fairly positive its not illegal to walk around at night, do you have a warrant to look in my bag? i didn't realize this was a stop and identify state, i think you should ask your CO if what you're doin is alright by him?"

i used that CO bullshit on a cop he walked away for about 2 minutes obviously asking someone something then told me to go home. I think generally cops, or anyone in a position of power, don't like it when they aren't in control. buuut If that doesn't work i would probably just try and run because if they take you in that's a hefty fine/jail time and if you run there is a chance you will get away.

• 1 month later...

good info in here. Some shit I knew, some I didn't.

I mean I generally just dip when I see 5-0, but this extra stuff is nice too.

Anyone ever caught wreck for B&E while hittin chill spots?

It seems like that be a pretty shitty charge to get.

I hopped a fence one night to hit a spot.

Cops knockin on the door next morning.

Tellin me they Knew it was me and that I could get fined.

Shut the door in they face like DWAAAM, THEN BLAAAM!

Where's the evidence?!?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so here my situation.

Ive been tagging around town for a few months now.

I was skating today when a cop came up to me and my friend. He asked fro my ID and all that. He searched my car and found a notebook with a bunch of sketches in it, I completely denied it. He said since I wasn't caught in the act he couldn't prosecute.

He showed me police report that had my full name as well as some other tag names around town. He let me loose though.

Is that all there is to that? Or should I still be worried about a court date or something like that?

If you are caught up after a spot deny everything.

Just cause you have paint on you that matches whatever they are talking about does not mean you have to say anything.

They have to prove your case. Never admit anything. Say you found the paint somewhere prior to the arrest. Say it's for something else and the situation is very circumstantial.

If you have it plastic bagged in a regular bag you will look less suspicious as to having it at your waist when you get arrested.

This means the difference between graffiti implement and placing graffiti on property. Which leads to suspicions about your name, crew, ect.

Archived