How to get away...even when you get caught...

porque

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by HateKillDestroy@Nov 26 2004, 06:25 PM

I doubt cops want to shoot a writer over graffiti, they have to go through a whole lot of shit for shooting someone. Counseling, evaluations, all sorts of shit. So just run and the worst they will do is try to shoot you with the shocker gun.

Man those tasers are fucking dangerous too.

Me and a few of my friends were painting atop a roof the other day, wen the 5-0 rolled up. What we did was throw all our shit into a bag, and FUCKING HIDE! I mean you cant really run if you're on a rooftop. And in all my experiances with the law, hiding has been the easiest and best way to not get caught. I haven't been painting for long at all but shit man, I know to hide when someone wants to get me in trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

havent read the whole thing but one thing i can say is: always act like you deserve to be there.. as soon as they see the fear kicking in your eyes. you're guilty in their eyes.. For example one night i was filling a throw up downtown, a cop car turned the corner and saw me.. I bounced, threw my bag in a bushes and kept running as fast as i could. I was wearing a blue windbreaker and a yellow cap..pretty flashy. As I was running i took off my jacket, I turned the corner and ditched the cap and the windbreaker in a flower pot, and suddenly started walking in the most relax way i could think of.. the cops turned the corner and came beside me..i was so fucking nervous but i tried to act as if i was aight..so i looked at them and asked. Is there something wrong officers? they stared at me and didnt answer anything..so i kept walking.. then they left . i walked around the whole corner(took about 15 mins), came back to get my gear in the flower pot but it was gone. so i lost a cap and a jacket, but didnt get caught. I chilled an hour in the metro station and went back to get my bag of paint... they were looking for a guy with a blue jacket and a yellow cap...

• 2 weeks later...

actually when i was chased by a bird we hid under cars in the neighborhood to avoid heat detection. so many cars retain heat for a while that you could not be distinquished from the others...got away and the cops drove right by us with the bird above!

yeah but alot of helis have cameras to.

another question i have that i dont think anyone can answer for sure

do cops actualy go out on patrol thinking :im gonna catch me a damn graffiti writer tonight." i mean they would prolly be more likely to chase a donut theif or maybe its just me. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

i was under a bridge painting with 2 friends, and as we're walking to our parked car to leave, the boys roll up and bust out their high powered lights on the side and start shining around us. we just fucking split the other way, hop a few fences, and try to avoid the main streets. they were looking for a robber, the 711 down the street got robbed while we were painting. we didn't know this, so we thought we could just walk in the shadows and not be seen (3am). well so many cops swarmed around the place (for the robbery), one saw us, thought we were sketchy...and started following us. we asked what the problem was, and they got out and told us not to move and shit like that, patted us down, and then saw paint on our hands.

if we ran and actually hid, they would have never seen us.

we thought all the cops were looking for us for painting, so we just admitted to it after they saw the paint on us. in reality, they didn't know we were painting and thought we were the cats who held up 7-11. it was all pretty whack, i'm waiting to be arrested and then i have to go to court and shit (i'm still a minor), and i just realize if i ran like everyone suggests, none of this would have happened.

stay safe, always be alert while painting, and if you see the cops...run! and hide in a safe spot.

yeah like tre said knowing good hiding spots is key. you should always do a little bit of recon before you work, so you konw all the escape routes and hiding places, especially off the wall ones hood cops may not know about and shit. knowledge is power.

simply, dont bring bags...buy a coat that has many large pockets, or get your mom to sow some big pockets into it...say its for carrying around a whole bunch of water when you go bike riding or something...i barely ever bring a school bag when i go bombing...its too risky...just where a big fat coat with a big inside pocket for 1 can...a hoody under the coat so u can keep 1-2 cans in there...and keep 1 can in 1 of ur jeans pocket..then fill the rest w. markers, stickers, sandpaper, whatever...your set for the night

the best way that ive found to get away from cops quick...is simply run....just run run run run run run run run...dont fuckin be like oh he already got me...they never catch you until u admit to yourself that they caught u..believe in yourself...push yourself more and more until your out of their site..then hop on the first bus/train u see....but if you did get caught for sure...then say stuff like "am i arrested" "did i break the law" and ask THEM for THEIR information...intimidate them instead of them intimidating you...the biggest thing they have over you is intimidation...dont get scared..dont get nervous...they are just average citizens who are doing their job...getting scared of cops is like getting scared of librarians or janitors...if they catch you after you ran...say that you didnt know they were cop cars...say you were getting chased by a white car for about 15 minutes and you were scared, and thought they were that white car...especcially with all these cop cars that make so you cant see if its a cop or not (some dont have sirens, some have LED lights on them, ect.)

thats all i know...peace

I dont know about other places but where im from when the pigs get a call about vandals they go nuts and send like 6 cars out on your ass. I ran once and they had a bunch of cars out lookin for me. I got cuaght and they beat me a little then gave me a ticket for $75. I was just glad i didnt get a criminal charge.

^it sucks to get beat up by cops...its hard to fight back you know...if you do, you know that its not just you need to get away so u dont get criminal charges, its more of u NEED to get away so u dont get a stockpile of criminal charges (i dont know names, any1 can list them if they want) wel i gotta take a shit i should never hav aten tht outback steakhouse :(

Originally posted by nickonium9@Jun 10 2002, 02:30 PM

The question is, though, if not allowing them to search your bag incriminates yourself and gives them probable cause.

this was probably answered but i'm not going to sift through 10 pages to find out.

this is NEVER true... EVER EVER EVER...

you have the constitutional right to say 'no' and it can in no way incriminate you. i found this out through norml regarding marijuana cases.

i hope this helps some people in their decision-making skills the next time they are confronted by a cop.

if you get caught by the cops and there is no possible way you can escape by running aorund them do not even consider using violence on a police officer to escape(security guards and public heroes are ok to bash though). If you assault a police officer you have just increased the seriousness of your crimes by ten fold. assaulting a police officer even just a shove is enough to land somoene with a previous record behind bars no problem.

I remember once, i was hopping a fence to go bomb a freight, and a pig drove by while i was still scaling the fence, he looked at me and i looked at him dead in the eyes, but he never stopped, he just kept on driving, then i jump down the fence and i end up stepping on a racoon, it died but not befor scrathcing the hell outta my ankles.

what luck.

Me and one of my partners in crime were walking back from a spot and we were catching handstyles and a cop drove by and stopped us searched us searched the car and all that shit and had us in the back of the squad car it turns out he thought we were snipers, but he was cool he let us go....

Originally posted by GEEB@Jan 20 2005, 02:55 AM

I remember once, i was hopping a fence to go bomb a freight, and a pig drove by while i was still scaling the fence, he looked at me and i looked at him dead in the eyes, but he never stopped, he just kept on driving, then i jump down the fence and i end up stepping on a racoon, it died but not befor scrathcing the hell outta my ankles.

what luck.

hahahahha....best story ever....

as far as cops searching u, say no. if u say no and look suspicious, who cares? if u say yes, he's gunna find ur shit anyway. i'd rather look suspicious than have the guy sifting through my paint. as someone posted earlier, u have the right to say no and they need good cause to search u. if they dont have probable cause and search u and u get busted, u will probably get the charges dropped if u have a good lawyer who can say they had no right to search u. stay safe

Archived