How to get away...even when you get caught...

porque

Originally posted by ODS-1

You ar e wrong my friend. In my city an unarmed black teen was shot in the back as he was running from the cops. Cops can do whatever they want when you live in a fucking police state.

Im not gonna argue wit u man...But ur wrong. Fucked up shit happens everyday and because u heard of some1 who knows some1 who got shot doesnt mean its the policy. Coming from a black teen who lives in a police state, ur straight. U arnt gonna get shot unless ur among that .005% that do or are a dumbass and pretend to pull a gun or make an agressive gesture towards a cop.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by synce sear

Im not gonna argue wit u man...But ur wrong. Fucked up shit happens everyday and because u heard of some1 who knows some1 who got shot doesnt mean its the policy. Coming from a black teen who lives in a police state, ur straight. U arnt gonna get shot unless ur among that .005% that do or are a dumbass and pretend to pull a gun or make an agressive gesture towards a cop.

Um,I didn't hear this from a friend, it was all over the news where I live.

summary of above

…run …don’t run …tell ’em the truth …lie your ass off …it happened to a friend …I personally experienced this …my cousin is a lawyer …tell ’em you post on 12oz

just acting like you belong where ever you are is the most important thing

or use that cloaking device

Originally posted by FightTheBuff

no they will not be cool with youpainting

I dunno, most cops here in memphis are looking for murderers, autmobile/auto-stereo thieves, violent criminals, grand robbery, etc., and anything they can pin on a black person. vandalism of minor sorts and painting on buildings will most likely get you an "ok gimme that paint and go home kid." if the cop recognizes you as a regular offender in the neighborhood, then he might fuck with you, or if he suspects you're part of a recent or on going vandal spree. running is usally a very bad idea unless you're very familair witht he area and know where you can get away and hide, notably in off road places cops don't go into, like sewers, obscure allies, etc. if you get out quick you might be ok, but if a cop is determined and catches you running, they'll make an example out of your ass and put your pulp in the back of the car. helicopters are major fucking gas guzzlers, expensive as fuck to operate, and won't be used for a simple misdemeanor. if they suspect you'e some kind of major criminal or something, then they might put the chopper on you, but it's not liekly if you're jsut some kid with paint. knowing your rights is good advice, but the best thing to do is cooperate, keep cool, make it seem like you're not aware of any wrong doing. it sucks to kiss a pigs smelly stanky ass, but ham is better than a ride with the five-o. DONT EVER CARRY DOPE/CONCEALED WEAPONS WHEN YOU PAINT. mixing loud vibrant colorful crimes with those of the possession sort are a bad fuckin idea. hsimpsons's advice is the best, fit in , don't stick out, act like you belong where you are. yeah it's fun to be a badass rebel, spittin curses to the popo's and disrespectin the man, but it's your freedom/ fun for the night on the line. if you dont' stick out, they won't fuck with you in the first place, and if it's routine you just gotta play calm and cool. they will let you go if you don't sketch them. seem like you're hiding something, up to no good, or tryting to show 'em who is boss and you go down.

• 2 weeks later...

chances are you will catch a case. This depends on a lotta shit though. First things first, if your black, run... if your not u could try and chill and see if ur gonna get off. Maybe the cops in a generous mood. Who knows. This also depends on where youre from. Im from chicago and if u get caught here...ur fucked. Daley is on this whole anti graffiti thang but if ur city is straight wit u writing...thants cool. But I still wouldnt stick around to find out. Theres an even better chance that they wont do anythang if they cant catch u

yeah, well, graffiti isn't a huge 'problem' here. Most writers do legals or keep it to bridges and abandoned buildings and shit. The public transit systems are by no means extensive or grand; I don't think I've ever even seen graffiti on a bus here. Aside from lousy gang tags, most writers inn this area seem to keep it real and don't bother jsut blatently fucking with private business or vandalising established organizations. It's all about jsut gettin up where you can, with respect to everyone in the community. It's a small scene anyway, but shrug. Run if you're black, that's for sure. Run fast. If you're a black writer it's your duty to work on your mile sprint. fa sho.

unless your not caught in the act!

DENY DENY DENY!!!!!!!

just act dumb asif you dont really get what there talking about,

and act like a good little boy asif youd do anything like that!

dont let them fukers get anything out of you!

also if you are caught in the act!

RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!!

and dont give up otherwise its your on loss.

Originally posted by porque@Jun 10 2002, 11:09 AM

I have looked around on here and i haven't found anywhere where advice is given on what you can do if you get stopped by the police...so i'm gonna offer some...

first off lets understand this hypethetical situation: you are out bombing, you have a typical messenger bag with paint in it: you are riding on a bike:

you are seen by a police officer and he decides to stop you... the first thing he will ask is to look in your bag... unless he has actually observed you painting, he does not have the right to search your bag... he will say things like what do you have to hide?... respond by saying it is your right to privacy... this can save you in most cases from them actually getting anything on you and chargeing you... but also remember that you need to wear gloves to keep paint off your fingers b/c if you have red paint on your finger, and the alley you just came from has a fresh red tag in it, then they have probable cause to search you and you will be caught... If you are actualy seen painting you're pretty much fucked...my advice is run and hide and then hide longer

....i know this probably isn't the most coherent thing in the world so if anyone has any questions please ask...i have dealt with a few situations like the above and have adone a lot of research on the laws...plus i have lawyers in my family and they told me some intersting things too... and deny anything and everything never ever give in to what there saying just always deny it and you will be way better off

1. dont get caught

2. if you do, fucking run

3. dont stop until your safe, no matter how tired you are or how nervous you are, or how bad your side stitch hurts, or whatever, just dont let them :five-o: 's catch ya. n if they have you in cuffs, i dont suggest running, because if you run and get caught running, they will have even more shit against you

:king: peace all :lick:

if your running try and find a place to ditch your bag where they cant find and you can get bak there soon to pick it up soon,

but if you live in a big city your bag will probably get punkd, but if you in a small town like me you can ditch and run

i guess you could get shot in the back if your running across an empty parking lot. Usualy if your running the cops only catch little glimpses of you. this aint GTA, and believe it or not some cops dont like shooting people. if your that afraid of getting shot then run in zig zags:crazy:.

1. if u know the cops are going to confront u, hide your Paint!

2. Have an excuse, bring a digital camera and take photos to say u were just taking photos. If they can't see any paint on u, and they didnt see u paiting they have nothing on u.

when it comes down to it, they will have nothing on u in the case.

i would elaborate more on this, but it's a long story

basically, i got lucky, and u can too.

ive been caught four times so far and only actually drug through the punishment phase once, three times i just hauled ass and escaped, the one time i was actually confronted me and one of my boys were doin a rooftop by a college and where we parked a fuckin rent-a-cop found our car on the campus so he called the cops, we went ahead and finished, hopped down and went and talked to like four cops who thought we were breaking into the school, just fed them a bullshit story that we were at a club and parked the car there so it wouldnt get broken into, they bought it until like a month later the owner of the place we hit up found some shit my friend left on the roof and they put it all together. KEEP TRACK OF ALL YOUR SHIT, thats the biggest thing i guess

good storie

ive nvr been caught chased but not caught i ran so fast threw bushes prickers everything

i was getting caught but then i turned down the same street as the cop and then he chased me and my cuz so we ran to the nxt block down and hid behind a van and when he went by we took off down to the store and waited then walked out like nothing was wrong

Archived