How to get away...even when you get caught...

porque

Just be straight with the coppers

Cops like anyone that doesn't give them an ounce of trouble. My uncle is a cop and half the time he just lets the kid go even if he knows he is guilty as long as:

1. They are totally cool with him and don't cause a scene and

2. As long as they aren't guilty of a serious crime that involved any victims. A kid spraying up a wall out where the only people wondering around are bums isn't really much of a criminal.

And remember, cops are your friends when you are painting and a couple gangsters decide to chase you off.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if the coppers get some sketches of your write can they still charge yo for it? like if they took them from your bag or somthing. is that enough to charge someone or do they have to catch you in the act pretty much no mater what? they cant charge you for every tag and bomb and everything can they? i hope not. but can they? and if they do will their case old up in court? will they drop the charges when my lawyers involved? can the evidence be croos examined till theres no point?

just wondering if you can get fucked over that easy.

Oz laws

Ok im in Australia, Sydney this is our current satus of laws, to my knowledge.

1 it is illegal to buy paint unless over 18 anywhere.

2 if u are found with paint on a train, street or a anywhere in a public place, you can be charged n paint seized, you cannot possess paint markers, caps or etching tools anywhere in public.

(some cases are exzempt eg if u are painting a legal wall n can provide a phone no or written letter off the person where its being done at or for which can explain what your using the paint for .

The excuse "im paintiong my bike" for "why u have spray paint for?", is

a bit over stretched when u are found with like 10 cans of diff colours for e.g.

lol "officer im painting my bike rainbow colours?"

3 if u are caught doing graffiti, u can recieve large fines, comunity service or even the extreme, jail time.

4.If u get caught, n the police see the tag, they'll refer back to police records n search for that tag, e.g if anybody reports graffiti on their building etc the police will take photos n keep em in a folder, eventually creating files on every known writer, n when u get arrested if the cops or vandal squad know of you they'll bring out the file n basically question u on every seperate report of ya tag sighting to see if u admit to it or not, but most times they wil still charge you for the lot anyways, because they'll say "It's the similar letter style so it's all you."

5. & if u are found with a sketch on u, they won't charge u, but photo copy em, n basically record it with ya name, if that tags comes up anywhere they can refer back n try n charge u.

Altho ive been stoped by police in Brisbane (in daytime mind you), riding a push bike with no helmet, n with a bag on the street.

The cops asked to search me i refused they said "Too bad" searched me anyway, found paint n a sketch n told me to go to court, i went to court argued the charge, i got off it all n my paint returned.

How?

Only because my lawyer argued that i was illegally searched in the 1st place n there was no reason validating why they needed to search me, because i had offered them id.

The cops defence in court was " We stopped him for no helmet on a bike asked him for id upon the defendant obtaining id we heard his spraycans rattling in his bag, so we searched."

FUK OATH cops lie, i am not that dumb, i never made my bag rattle its all about practise if u stand ya cans up in a bag, they can be controled in the bag with out making any noise.

So yeah i know DEFF that they didnt know what was in my bag, but at the time they argued on the street , "We have the right to look in your bag because u could have drugs a gun or even a bomb perhaps"

Which is a load of shit really.

Police probable cause is what ever they want, if their suspicious about u trying to hide something, they'll wanna search u cause they think u have somethig to hide.

Supposedly u do have right to say "No", but they will make up a reason to say why they searched ya.

Anyway just a scenerio that if u fight the law there is a chance to win. but not entirely always.

Peace....

Zinar .....

sounds obvious but you gotta know the area your bombing. me an a mate had to run from the cops in a part of walthamstow we didnt know and ended up in a dead end and my mate had to smack the cop as he came round the corner to give us time to get away. as stupid as it is to hit cops i gotta admit it was one of the coolest things i ever saw.

Haha.. and next thing you know, you're missing a chunk of flesh from your leg or got a hole in the back of your head from the cops revolver...

Anyways, i figure thats what they'd do round here, after all they drop dudes with bats acting 'aggressive' with a shot in the head. But thats an extreme case and police jitters.... or is it...?

As for what you said Zinasta... its pretty much true, cops will search you whether you like it or not.. but when it comes to the court, they wont get away with it if they illegally searched you. If they had reason or a witness to some 'damage' you did.. i dont think you'd get away that easily tho.. so check out the situation and if you must.. DROP THAT COP! :D

most of u in this thread who actually believe that when a cop pulls u over and he askes to search your bag and you say "no" that he actually has no right to.... are fools. Remeber its a cop....what u gonna do??

take him to court?? who the fuck do u think a judge is gonna believe.

I know there are othe rcircumstances but the only advice you need to know is if you see a cop before he sees you and u been bombin..than u run...simple and plain...if he sees u than its ur choice what to do..but i will tell u all this who dont really no how cops work... if u say no to a search...either they will physically take your bag off u or take u downtown simple as fuckin that..anybody who believes otherwise.. than im hopin i never paint with u cause u be the first to get pinched...biznatchiooohhh's:king: :king: :king:

common sense and being smart is the key. you are doing something illegal, so you better plan that shit out buddy cos if you get caught, you'll wish you went through the effort.

cops are prob reading this shit right now but anyway.

1. think your mission out, go to the spot daytime, stash your shit somewhere no one would look or go (if you put it down a drain, make sure theres no rain!).

2. try do spots that you can hit as soon as it gets dark. and if you think its hot, then only do half, or a third and finish it the next night.

3. im not sure if this would work, but maybe a carry a tape recorder or some shit?? so as soon as you see cops coming down the street or whatever, turn that shit on!! and if they do something illegal you could fuck em over (as long as they dont find it, like if they body search you or whatever)

4. after you finish painting stash your shit and go back and get it when you take flicks or whatever the next day.

5.dress as someone who wouldnt do graff, if that makes sense, and WEAR FUCKING GLOVES!!!

6.take your girl with you when bombing, hold her hand and kiss her and shit if you see cops.

thats all, hope i've helped.;)

• 3 weeks later...

is pretty simple, wear gloves and hide your bike so the cops wont see it when they are riding by. If they do pull up on you with that bright ass light, unbutton your pants and come out as if you were taking a piss, stuffing your gloves in your pants and the can if possible......trust me it works.

Originally posted by Dynamo

6.take your girl with you when bombing, hold her hand and kiss her and shit if you see cops.

this works!....i was walkin on the train tracks going to bomb...i had a duffle bag,2 dimes of dro,like 4 pilots,10 streaks,like 30 paint markers,and 50 caps,and a cop used a mega phone and said get off the tracks,when we ran down to talk to him

(we had no other place to run except down to them)

we were about 5 feet from the bottom one cop said get up against the car and i took my ladies hand and helped her down and hes like awww thats sweet you to boyfriend and girlfriend?...i grabbed her and shes said yes and kissed me and the cops like "its pretty dangerous up there, im going to let you love birds go"and drove off......i was so happy i started calling her every night i went bombig.

Originally posted by Dukearache

is pretty simple, wear gloves and hide your bike so the cops wont see it when they are riding by. If they do pull up on you with that bright ass light, unbutton your pants and come out as if you were taking a piss, stuffing your gloves in your pants and the can if possible......trust me it works.

DO NOT DO THAT!!!......IF U EVER GET CAUGHT FOR PISSING YOU WILL GET A $250 TICKET!..expierience:D :D :D

It all depends on the circumstances.. you can always try the old 'i really had to go and im not from this area dont know where the toilets are bla bla' ??

As for the 250 bling bling fine.. well how much do you value your tag at? :D

...Heres another way!..were your school uniform with the school id...

(only if your using markers this works)

walk down the street in your uniform complete with id on and markers in your pocket every tag you hit up put the marker back one by one if cops check you say your comming home from night school and those markers are for a school project....he will conviscate the markers at worst...

add on

Originally posted by moonstrahl

Booyah 87centman. I totally agree with the gloves rubber reference. It might actually be worth while to carry a plastic bag with ya so that you can put 'em away without soiling your pants, then again who goes painting in their sunday best.

One other thing to mention is: you are running for your ass, they are running for their job, who wants to run faster...? Believe in your self, and always try to cut through water so that they can't dog ya.

You might not go painting in your sundays best , but it is always best not to dress trashy. Sometimes (depending on who) when stopped you can bullshit your way out and they'll give you nore respect for not looking like shit or like a gangster or crook. I prefer pants, shirt, and a loose button up shirt, but really whos looking for style, where what you like, experiment. me I'm a amatuer and haven't had too many run ins

In this Scenario:

Wear a baseball cap, a reversible shirt and those pants that you can zip off half the legs to turn them into shorts. That way if you are caught and manage to get away from a cop, you can unzip the pants and shove the legs in your pocket, take off the cap and shove it in your pocket and reverse the shirt. The cop will be looking for someone wearing a black pair of pants, a red shirt and a baseball cap but you are wearing a black pair of shorts, a white shirt and and no hat. If you have big pockets there will be no strange bulges on you. This scenario doesn't happen often, but it could.

What about having you wallet with you? If you don't have it than they can't find out your true info if they force search you, but since you don't have it what action can they take, and what is the better age to lye about?

Just thought I'd throw the question at anyone who has an answer.

Just curious

Originally posted by ThePoet

What about having you wallet with you? If you don't have it than they can't find out your true info if they force search you, but since you don't have it what action can they take, and what is the better age to lye about?

Just curious

If you don't have your wallet, I think the cops will just take you to the station and sit you down until you tell them what they want to know. As for lying about age, try to go younger, specifically go under 18 if you can pass for it. You might be able to get away with a warning or something because you are a "minor."

yeah i guess you can maybe try for just a warning. Problem is you can be equally screwed cause if its 3 in the morning and your a minor theres the curfew that the city has set for minors. Fuc it , you just have to be extra careful when it comes to being out and about have fun laughn and graffn. Thanx for the input

The best piece of advice I can offer (and I'm sure it's been said) is...

USE YOUR FUCKING EARS

I honestly just hone in on any and all sounds around me when I'm doing anything. Even over a NY fat hiss... just concentrate on any cars approaching or footsteps.

If you know your letters well enough.. hell.. I really don't even look too much at what I'm doing when I do it. I keep my eyes at the nearest interection...section.

Originally posted by Dynamo

1. think your mission out, go to the spot daytime, stash your shit somewhere no one would look or go (if you put it down a drain, make sure theres no rain!).

Yeah. Do this.

Free paint for me.

one night long ago i was paint a trackside, and trains were already starting so me n my m8 couldn't track it home. we looked around to plot the tins but everywhere was too bait. so we decided to walk street home. worst idea ever. we're walking along the main road bombing up lil posts and bus stops. just about to get off the main road and wat do i see a meatwagon beefing it up to us. we lob the pen into a garden and carry on walking, but they'd already seen us. nothing we could have dun. so they come up behind us and ask wat wev been doin.

"partyin" we say

"look we know uv been dubbin" so they talk us back to mine. rents find out and we get busted.

wat would u have done?:confused:

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

The best piece of advice I can offer (and I'm sure it's been said) is...

USE YOUR FUCKING EARS

I honestly just hone in on any and all sounds around me when I'm doing anything. Even over a NY fat hiss... just concentrate on any cars approaching or footsteps.

If you know your letters well enough.. hell.. I really don't even look too much at what I'm doing when I do it. I keep my eyes at the nearest interection...section.

Yeah. Do this.

Free paint for me.

I do agree totally on keey your ears concentrated on other sounds, it helps to be paranoid." If you know your letters well enough.. hell.. I really don't even look too much at what I'm doing when I do it" come on no big heads here , wheres your humility. Peace

i go bombin in dusty chuck taylors, gray sweatpants, and a medium sweatshirt biatch! cops would never in a million years think im up to something. just be prepared, stick your cans in cutty ass places, be ready to toss ur supplies, and always have an excuse for being out hella late. i usually say im walkin home from my girl's house. all u gotta do is be smart, be ready with excuses, and act as calm as possible.

in the end tho it doesnt really matter because some cops will do whatever the fuck they want, especially in the drug zone. even if u claim that 4th amendment shit, some cops will slap cuffs on u and go through all ur shit. if theyre convinced u did some shit they wont stop till they find something. theyll go through your pockets, grab your ballsack, make u pull ur pants all the way up and jump up and down- all sorts of shit. and u pretty much have to go along with it unless u can prove somehow that they did all that shit. cause if its ur word against theirs there's no way in hell a judge or jury will take yours over a police officers.

Originally posted by ThePoet

Just curious

some cops have computers in their car that can get ur info with a thumbprint. all they need is your name to find out anything about u tho.

Originally posted by Dukearache

unbutton your pants and come out as if you were taking a piss, stuffing your gloves in your pants and the can if possible......trust me it works.

NOT GOOD ADVICE AT ALL....I KNO A FOOL WHO GOT ROLLED ON TAKING A PISS, THE COPS SEARCHED HIM AND FOUND ALL HIS SHIT AND HE GOT WRAPPED

COPS WILL USE THIS EXCUSE TO STOP AND SEARCH YOU

its cool if you got a car to drive around in....if an areas hot you can just drive away....instead of having to walk or wait at a bustop

if shit seems hot, ditch the supplies and just post at a bustop.....if you get rolled on cops wont find shit and leave, if they dont roll up, just wait till the bus comes, grab yo shit and bounce

the switching clothes shit works too....i walked by 3 paddy wagons as they were cuffin my homie after we got chased....i had switched my fit up and they stared me down but didnt do shit

if your walkin and bombin....bringing a dog or girlfriend definately makes shit a little less suspicious....or if you really wanna get away that bad you can pretend that you and your bombing homie are gay lovers out for a walk hahahaahaha

Archived