ever been homeless?

mapo wc

I was a hobo for about ten years.

I thought it was fun when I was a teenager and traveling to new places and drinking in new parks.

Then when I was 23 and had spent two years sleeping on a porch with a one-legged Icelandic junkie hobo, I realised that bums are fuking stupid and I hate them.

Even more so because all the bums I knew were drug addicts that totally thought they were living some rock and roll fantacy.

I live in the lap of luxury now and there is no going back.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, probably three years of my life were spent without a house. Not continuously, but overall..

I've started looking for a building or house to squat lately. The house I'm living in sucks pretty bad, and the fact that I pay rent to live here is driving me crazy. I've lived in nicer squats than this. I might get lucky and take over this warehouse nearby, but I'm still waiting for an answer...my friend is in there now, and if he leaves he said he'd give me the keys.

I"ve got a decent job and my own apartment. However, I am going to consolidate my life into a very large backpack, quit the job, terminate the lease, give a bunch of useless crap away and take off on the Greyhound to visit friends around the country. I dont know if it counts as homeless, but there is an element of uncertainty to it. And yes, I was homeless multiple times as a teenager.

i've never been homeless... but my boy met this homeless dude, Chris, while I was living out in NYC a few years back. Dude had hitchhiked up from Alabama and was panhandling and trying to latch onto some sort of lucrative career. I don't know what he had in mind, but I think he assumed that because there were more people to talk to he'd have more of a chance of talking to the right person... which, strangely enough, became the case.

Dude ended up running into my friend, who was working as someone's assistant at a major record label back then, and it just so happened that his boss was a bigtime humanitarian. Chris was given a cell phone (bills paid for), a grip of nice clothes that people didn't want anymore (I'm talking real nice, boutique-style gear) and actually ended up finding various lucrative jobs through the guy.

Chris also wrote poetry. Raw, dirty, filthy poetry with lines like 'I see gutless pigs thinking they are the predator and not the prey...' So, because my roommate at the time had a decent recording setup, I offered to put his vocals down, add some effects, do some half-assed mastering and put it to a disc for him to sell/give to people as he was asking for money.

For as greatful as he was you'd think I'd given dude a winning lottery ticket.

Shorty after that I moved out and sorta lost contact. I don't know what happened to Chris but I'm sure I could find out. Last I heard he had made something like $300 in a week selling his poetry discs.

If ever you guys run into a redheaded homeless dude in NYC going by the name 'Home' you should say what's up- he might jack off in public from time to time but he's good people deep down.

just cop your own squat shai. Find an abandoned home.

one thats sealed up nice and tight and if possible change

the locks yourself. Sometimes the water is still on. Its not

glamorous but its cheap. Plus you in the bay. You could

squat through the winter without freezing to death

Out here its a little bit different. If its 12 degrees outside

i would need to be wrapped up in like 10 blankets

I would probably try to work all day. all night. I would

be running plugs under the snow stealing the neighbors

electricity for space heaters. Im pretty sure you

can turn electricity on at a squat

There are some of the coolest sqauts i've ever seen on the cliff tops of isoldated parts of sydney harbour. If i was to sqaut, i'd be there. You could catch your own fish, like in stone shacks, have fires etc. I'll get flicks of them eventually

these are the only shitty flciks of the shacks i could find

Fishermans-Huts180pixel.jpg

they're all along this cove. You can't really see them. but get the idea.

davidholt_gallery__550x401.jpg

i just read that they were built during the depression. but people do still live in them...If anyone wants a cheap holiday to sydney...

these are the only shitty flciks of the shacks i could find

Fishermans-Huts180pixel.jpg

they're all along this cove. You can't really see them. but get the idea.

davidholt_gallery__550x401.jpg

i just read that they were built during the depression. but people do still live in them...If anyone wants a cheap holiday to sydney...

wow....id squat in those shacks...that place is beautiful!

Archived