legally, shoplifting...

fizm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest JoeHatesCops

i know dudes that have a cuaght a 700$ fine on ike a $2 pen, stealings stealing. I actually know like 3 people, whove been caught on smalla ass stuff and got in mad law trouble.

this is in wal-mart too. but unfortunately not a minor as of a month and a half beforehand.

civil suit's already settled out of court, by protocol, i guess. so is it basically whatever the judge wants to do as far as prosecution?

still, i've got $700 to waste, i guess. i'm just hoping it's a fine and not community service or jail. i've gotta go to college not long after the court date.

yeah man, walmarts no joke. and even worse than whatever penalty you get now, which will probably be some amount of comm. service, is what this is going to do to your record. shoplifting a 5 dollar cat toy is far worse than being busted for manslaughter in a DUI. most corporations wont even consider you for employment because of a single shoplifting offense at the age of 18. sure, you might say you have no interest in corporate america, but at some point you might, and your gonna be kicking yourself in the ass then...

try to work out some deal, where if you stay out of trouble, it gets expunged from your record after a year or something. even if it means you gotta take probation now, trust me, its way worth the extra hassle. unless of course you just plan to move into the mountains and carve novelty totem poles out of maple sapplings, then fuck em.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

my bro got busted at ross with 6.99 in stolen shit.....he got rammed with a 200$ fine...i was so pissed so one day im gnnna head down the ross and etch all their windows...make sure they put that 200$ to good use...stupid mother fuckers

my friend also got busted at copelands for stealing a pair of shoes...he got like 400$ fine or something

Originally posted by seeking

yeah man, walmarts no joke. and even worse than whatever penalty you get now, which will probably be some amount of comm. service, is what this is going to do to your record. shoplifting a 5 dollar cat toy is far worse than being busted for manslaughter in a DUI. most corporations wont even consider you for employment because of a single shoplifting offense at the age of 18. sure, you might say you have no interest in corporate america, but at some point you might, and your gonna be kicking yourself in the ass then...

try to work out some deal, where if you stay out of trouble, it gets expunged from your record after a year or something. even if it means you gotta take probation now, trust me, its way worth the extra hassle. unless of course you just plan to move into the mountains and carve novelty totem poles out of maple sapplings, then fuck em.

that's cool. i'll be in college the next 4 years most likely. i don't think probation would be a problem since i won't be driving, or drinking for that matter, or anything else i consider illegal. i've quit writing before i really started. and as far as jobs, i'm not too concerned. i'd be fine homeless, really. i don't give a fuck about my future. i should have been dead a year ago.

Guest GEAsusONEnep

If its 5$ worth of merchandise, don't sweat it. Its petty theft and pretty much a slap on the wrist even if they press charges.

I got rolled when I was 18 at my job for stealing.Its been 5 years and It still fucks with me as far as employment goes.I lost a few 17$ an hour jobs cuz of it.I got back the fat prick who busted me though.Destroyed his car and put him in a coma for 3 weeks,fucken rata.I dont condone violence but rats get the exception.I got 10 days community servic and a 200$ fine. iwas doing all kinds of shit when I worked there,stealing money from registers(only 100$ bills), credit card shit,gankin clothes,etc.Its all in the past and I paid my debt to society

Guest amorphic
Originally posted by TiCaLiOn sTaLiOn

can they charge you with anything if they catch you switching price tags on paint? you know so you're paying the 89 cents for some rusto?

bah i just had a good reply written to this but im pretty sure this is the sort of thing that falls under no theft discussion.

Originally posted by TiCaLiOn sTaLiOn

can they charge you with anything if they catch you switching price tags on paint? you know so you're paying the 89 cents for some rusto?

ehh it depends on the store...i work for a major drug store chain and if somebody is seen doing that you basically get asked to leave the store; if that.

companies dont want their employees risking their lives to catch a shoplifter..when people run out the door with shit we dont even call the cops...

Archived