the corporate layoff....

mental invalid

i think im in the clear......recently i switched to a different sister company and itll give me a little more time to breathe....but i feel fucking bad....this one cat who likes 33, he always used to help with my weak ass html skills and hook me up with little projects and shit just got laid off....he was one of the few people at this shit hole job that had a mind and we always used to rap about art/politics/etc....fucking sucks he was just about to close on his first house with his wife...i dunno even know what i can say to the guy....wish it was me, cause i have no ties or responsibilites....could justed rolled right on outr....kinda feel guilty in a way, somehow my slacker ass is still on the payroll....i guess its time to maybe start looking for a move....this is my first experience with this shit, and if anything it only shows me that these shark infested waters are not the place for a guy like me.....i hear more on the way....yeah have a nice fucking summer and dont let the door hit ya on the way out....im need a smoke break.....

later......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

all I can say is...

keep your expenses low and your resume up-to-date.

if you do get the axe, do all your job hunting during your 2 weeks notice,

and do hundreds of photocopies of your resume. Fax them from work.

Guest platapie

at leats you show emotions and you know somthing is wrong there. some how yo ushould leave and fuck the company. maybe get homies job back tho.

word, my pops got smacked with corporate layoffs, cause you know, the company might have been worth than less than a billion dollars...so fuck it, fire 400 peoples...

its really not that hard to find a new job, im a proffessional job finder and i make decent cash....plus he probably got a compensation package, is garuanteed unemployment, so he basically gets a month off paid plus unemployment to find a better job.

Guest HESHIANDET

damn dawg, from what i hear from people who are trying to find jobs (im definitely not one of them) is that the job market is pretty bad right now.

well, its shitty but at least you can take comfort in the fact that you are young (im guessing your in your early 20s)....right now we (younger people) have the advantage due to our age....seems like the more ripe you are the easier it is to get hired on....for a corporation paying some newbie with minimal experience and then training him/ her to their liking is much more cost efficient that hiring a fleet of older folks with extensive resumes and experience....

still, its very unsettling not to have job security. i feel for you....

good luck and if you can spare it tuck some of that paycheck away....it will make situations like yours a lot less stressful....

yo thanks for the words gents.....id love to get the cat his job back but unfortunately im just a lonely marketing assistant.....im sure he will land on his feet, dood is a bad ass programmer....thats the funny thing, the fucking guy put em where they are at, but when ya gotta make budget and you have two designers, ones gotta go....the older one stayed on, not to say he isnt good either...quality erosion.....i was just aghast at the suddeness of it...i mean dood packed his shit into one fucking box, and was ghost in 5 minutes....boom...later.....it was just wierd....i mean he sits in an office next to my cubicle coffin and shit is just bare and dark....he was just another character in this weird book of my life, comes in and leaves....so it goes i guess.....im not fretting my job security....i more in the mid to late 20s, but still i dont fret, why bother? shit could be much worse....plus really there is no good and bad experience and its friday and i gotta half day....;)

Guest --zeSto--

untill managment walks into the room and says...

"Didn't I tell you to clear out your desk? Security !"

then you're screwed

Archived