Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nomadawhat

Computers....

Do you guys know anything about these machines?

Well I am breaking down and getting my own cpu in the next month.

Anybody got input on what to get or not to get?

I am thinking DEL, but only b/c thats what I have at work, and it seems decent. But what the hell do I know?

i too have a Dell with wireless internet. fast as fuck can download a song in kazaa in about 2 min. :)

build your own its the best way to go unless you are completly computer retarded then i would jsut say buy a prebuilt computere like dell compact ect

Originally posted by AREANKAY

build your own its the best way to go unless you are completly computer retarded then i would jsut say buy a prebuilt computere like dell compact ect

well i am fairly cpu reterded, also lazy, so that is out of the question

DELL it is....i think

Originally posted by AREANKAY

I happen to know computers very well, but I'm too lazy and poor to get EVERY FUCKING PART and build my own....

what do you want it for?

i got a sony "digital studio" system..and its the shit...expensive but i love it for a pc...but yeah depends what your using the comp for, personal, fun, design, school, etc...a combo of the aforementioned list..:D etc..

Re: what do you want it for?

Originally posted by yoink

i got a sony "digital studio" system..and its the shit...expensive but i love it for a pc...but yeah depends what your using the comp for, personal, fun, design, school, etc...a combo of the aforementioned list..:D etc..

definatley a combo of the aforementioned list, is this 'digital studio' trying to compete w/ macs? hom much?

Guest --zeSto--

If you're using it to chat, surf and email... go for the <$1000 Dell or Compaq.

i dont know how well it competes with macs

nomadawhat:

i had this discussion in another thread but it is really good and its just a huge cpu, comes with alot of good digital editing programs if your into that and works really well with all the graphic programs, i have photoshop 7 illustrator 10, 3ds max 4 dreamweaver and gettin maya hopefuly soon, and they work great, ive used macs only in school, i just thought more practical to get a pc....

they run anywhere from around 1700, to i guess probably eight hundred...with monitor and all...hope that helps, got mine at best buy

Guest platapie

get a game boy. you can do way more fun things.

i built mine....i would never buy a computer someone put together for me....they normally come loaded with crap you dont need....

next upgrades in line for me is a 1.3ghz duron, 256mb more ram, a gforce4, and a new futuristic looking case with the glass cutout into the side with a blue cold cathode light and a crazy looking fan to stick ontop of my processor....im going for style points now....

lol are people on here actually tellin him to buy a dell or a compact? and 2 min is fast? were talkin like 30 sec a song. buy amd. amd has a new processor commin out where the memory manager is inside the cpu so it eliminates bandwidth, its gonna kicc the p4 northwoods ass.

Originally posted by rip

those are servers or hard drives bacc to baccc. not a computer.

nah your kidding me man.

Originally posted by rip

those are servers or hard drives bacc to baccc. not a computer.

..... when did a server stop being a computer???

Originally posted by lost_case

..... when did a server stop being a computer???

a server is a type of computer but essentially its not in the traditional sense. do servers look like your computer at home? no i didnt thionk so.

Originally posted by rip

a server is a type of computer but essentially its not in the traditional sense. do servers look like your computer at home? no i didnt thionk so.

A server is a computer... the only difference is how the software on the computer is setup..... you could quite easily have a home computer running as a server..... so, yes my home computer does look something like a server. :cool: