who cares

FROSTY

yo ive noticed that lately a lot of peoples graffiti styles are forming into a more abstract kind of graffiti. graffiti used to be pretty much just bubble letters and block letters and more than that but now its formed into something that dosnt resembele words at all. I find it kinda crazy but koo at the same time. neways post some shit if ya know what im talkin about and give some feedback yo!...

this is what im talkin about. dont get me rong it looks dam good

ps. i am drunk right now so bear with me !!

http://www.artcrimes.com/index/wow123slovakia2001.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

True......

It's all about the letters.

As long I dont see another 3D looking piece!

It was GREAT when Erni rocked it. for the FIRST TIME... and it was the bomb when Diem blew it up to the next level......

BUT It sucked to see EVERY FUCKING WRITER TRYING THAT STYLE. Even the post with WANE...What the hell even he's trying to do fucking 3D.....

Do somethign different. PLEASE PEOPLE......

Guest Pilau Hands

Illegal art, fuck that. Who the fuck cares! everyone and their best friend has an opinion on what is and what is not graffiti. what makes graffiti be graffiti?!

It has letters? it's not good enough

It doesn't have letters? it's not good enough

IT'S GOT ARROWS! WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?!?!

some dude climbed three stories to put a happy face on the side of a building...but it's not graffiti.

If it doesn't look like something five thousand people have done before, no one likes it. It can't be graffiti because we're too busy protecting our pile of shit. Goddamnit I don't even write graffiti.

I like to paint silverware neon colors and glue it to things. I'm not graffiti. I suck.

daaaamnit i can't even spell correctly.

[This message has been edited by Pilau Hands (edited 09-08-2001).]

hey, everyone just does their own thing, if you like arrows and such, do it, if you like neon sporks, put em up, but you cant expect other people to like it or to think it's graffiti. I dont like abstract 3d, it doesnt fit what graffiti means to me. does this mean its not graffiti? by no means. what makes graffiti graffiti is going out and doing what you want to do. i hope that made sense i keep losing my train of thought.....

I fucking hate graffiti. The only reason I come here anymore is because of the art-oriented kids around the site....and "graffiti writers" who are mature enough to drop the "yo, that don't fit with the lingo I rock! It be wak son!" mentality.

Just do your own thing, and appreciate everyone else for what they do.

Anything past that is just a label.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9
Originally posted by Pilau Hands:

Illegal art, fuck that. Who the fuck cares! everyone and their best friend has an opinion on what is and what is not graffiti. what makes graffiti be graffiti?!

It has letters? it's not good enough

It doesn't have letters? it's not good enough

IT'S GOT ARROWS! WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?!?!

some dude climbed three stories to put a happy face on the side of a building...but it's not graffiti.

If it doesn't look like something five thousand people have done before, no one likes it. It can't be graffiti because we're too busy protecting our pile of shit. Goddamnit I don't even write graffiti.

I like to paint silverware neon colors and glue it to things. I'm not graffiti. I suck.

daaaamnit i can't even spell correctly.

[This message has been edited by Pilau Hands (edited 09-08-2001).]

say word.

Guest Pilau Hands

ThirdDegreeBurna, I don't knock oldschool at all. How can you? If not for the oldschool, guys wouldn't be able to do stuff like this today. The point is, the apple can fall very far from the tree. I'll always appreciate straight letter forms and nice styles; I think if you don't, then you're playing yourself. But there's always going to be someone doing something different. We recognize and celebrate the actions of those people...and old school heads are among them. If it's not someone's cup of tea, fine, but all this "It's not graffiti" nonsense has got to stop.

Guest iced out mocha
Originally posted by mopius:

when you come down to it, graff is art and art has endless pontential

man youre getting slapped for sayin that shit. graffiti is not art...it is SPORT. it is a stress reliever and anger management at its best. that shit that is shown there is aerosol ART. not graffiti. ehh who cares im goin to sleep now.

k whell then its anonimos.

it is graffiti! its just gone a long way from the first old school stuff. and i dont think you need to right with letters cauz letters are limitless. if you were to just use crazy shapes and colours amagine what youd see,,

anywho stay originale and let your mind lead the way!

Archived