another compter question.

rip

does anyone know the pentium 4 northwood run at a 533mhz fsb? and why does the amd athlon only run at 266mhz?

i know it has todo with overclocking, and how the chip is quad pumped. can any one explain it better to me?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest platapie
Originally posted by bufme1

well if the chip quad is pumped that means the actuator cindoblocker is not working to its full potential, this means the pentium 4 northwood is profiling the exactor module in the third sector of the mainframe this causes the manifold to exhaust a most melodious odor........

holy crap i dont no what thats about but it sounds smart as shit.

Originally posted by bufme1

well if the chip quad is pumped that means the actuator cindoblocker is not working to its full potential, this means the pentium 4 northwood is profiling the exactor module in the third sector of the mainframe this causes the manifold to exhaust a most melodious odor........

You work for Gateway huh...

it basicly means that pentium sucks and throws a bunch of big numbers in there products to atract people to it but AMD can have somthing that would appear to be slower then a pentium but actully run the same if not faster and there cheeper DOWN WITH PENTIUM

Originally posted by AREANKAY

it basicly means that pentium sucks and throws a bunch of big numbers in there products to atract people to it but AMD can have somthing that would appear to be slower then a pentium but actully run the same if not faster and there cheeper DOWN WITH PENTIUM

i know i own a 1.7 athlon xp. but ive been doing research for my computer repair class and for a week every fuccin essay i give him is wrong except for the first paragragh. pisses me off. so i wonderd if any1 on here knew.

Originally posted by rip

does anyone know the pentium 4 northwood run at a 533mhz fsb? and why does the amd athlon only run at 266mhz?

i know it has todo with overclocking, and how the chip is quad pumped. can any one explain it better to me?

you gonna have to help me out babyboy cause i know some shit but i got know fucking idea what you just said.

ok its like this, a cpu runs on clock ticks and an oscillator is what makes the ticks. 233mhz cpu runs at 233 million ticks (or hertz) per second. overclocking means increasing the ticks. if you get a 233 you can overclock it to say like 500mhz by adjusting the oscillator. but that will over work the cpu, you can burn it out since its set-up to do less. know what i mean?

bits of data are sent at the beginning and end of every tick.

hence increasing the clock speed of the oscillator increases the rate at which it can process data

when it comes to quad pumpin cuz i dont know what the fuck your talkin about tho. im just learnin this shit. keeps me outta trouble

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by shameless self promotion

wow, i belong no where in this thread....

that would make 2 of us

Guest platapie

i was bummed when sector said that it wasnt to crazy, i felt liek i was a computer moron. i feel better noing that you guys have no idea what the fuck he sai dethier.

^

hes drunk:crazy:

Archived