can i get a WTF for the india/pakistan conflict?!

mental invalid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

india and pakistan are fucking idiots. throwing nukes at each other is like 2 people holding hands and one lets a grinade off expecting that only the other will be injured.

and (from what i can gather) you have no problem with america having nukes? it's like giving a shotgun to a 3 year old. america is the last country i'd want having nuclear weapons.

Originally posted by Soul_Rebel

i got a good solution. nuke all the 3rd world contrys kill all the useless people. put a big slab of cement over the whole thing drill all the oil and get all tehre natuarl resources we need. we dont have to hear anymore bitchin about starving morons in 3rd world contrys casue there all to stupid to do anything usefull with there patheic lives...

that is the dumbest statement i have ever seen in my life.

Originally posted by Soul_Rebel

i got a good solution. nuke all the 3rd world contrys kill all the useless people. put a big slab of cement over the whole thing drill all the oil and get all tehre natuarl resources we need. we dont have to hear anymore bitchin about starving morons in 3rd world contrys casue there all to stupid to do anything usefull with there patheic lives...

i hope your daddy loses his job and your house in the suburbs and you have to move to the ghetto. maybe then you'll get a little taste of what it's like to be poor and hungry. let me tell ya, it aint fun.

Originally posted by Tesseract

the bombs that NATO drops everynow and then contain urane, yes, latest example that i know off, the bombings in yugoslavia in 99' If you lived anywhere near the teritory you'd think about having a kid without the fear of seing it born with 3 hands and a foot where the nose should be.

Thats what always happens, models, are followed, and what india and pakistan are now doing is a low budget cold war sequel, sharon co-stars in the war against terrorism and you are troubled with the usage of all the bad things the world was provided, Like there is a better one.

Man, I have real trouble following you here. It seems like you're contradicting yourself, please explain.

I think the uranium nose cone things are for penetration, but don't contaminate on a lare scale like you described, but who knows. I'm more fearful of the rhetoric in the u.s. that is leading us to a new arms race poker game than india and pakistan, but the foolishness of both have me worried. borrowed time.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I dont see the contradiction but whatever, All the 'new' misiles are radiative, not much but if you multiply the ammount by thousands[thats the numbers] you got some nasty shit...its like that

Guest beardo

hate to barge in

i didnt really read anything in this thread, but i came up on this post on the phish board and thought some folks might be interested..

-begin stolen text-

a guy i work with just got back from india yesterday. he was getting married there. so i asked him for his thoughts on the current situation with pakistan and how it is over there, to see how it compares with what the media s telling us.

here is the essence of what he said:

there's really nothing different about being in india. he didn't feel the least bit unsafe or threatened. india is just as secure as it ever was. if you're there and you don't watch the news or listen to the radio, you wouldn't have any idea that anything's awry. of course many people do listen to the radio and watch the news, so they are aware of the tensions, but they don't care in the least. it doesn't affect them becuase no one thinks there is really gonna be any kind of war. india just can't afford it. there have been tensions for a long time, and will continue to be for a long time. india and pakistan will continue be in this "in-between state," where nothing will ever get resolved, but they're not gonna go to war either.

Guest HESHIANDET

aight heres the deal. both sides have made numerous statements that they would not be the first to shoot off a nuke. so thats a stalemate right there. in all honesty i think the nuclear drama is just media hype, its just a coincidence both sides have em...

and as far as india's and pakistan's nukes being very powerful, well thats not true either. their shit is ghetto to the maxxxxx. they don't have intercontinental delivery capability, so we don't have much to worry about. the environmental outcome would probably be the same as chernoble, maybe a tad worse. in any case it would be very much a local problem and i could go on about my day not giving a fuck....

Guest BROWNer

whomever said its mostly media brou ha ha is probably

the closest to the truth....i'm sure this nuclear hype plays well

into the agendas of the trilateralists and the kissingers of

the world. anyone noticed how much fucking reference

nukies get these days??? its everywhere....seriously,

you can't walk out the door these days without some

reference coming at you..

so you're saying you are concerned, or not concerned, on the one hand it sounds like you are concerned about all the residual uranium lying around from bombs, on the other you're saying you could give a fuck if india-pakistan blow themselves (albeit partially) up. let me say what i think: india-u.s., pakistan-russia. despite pakistan's recent alliance with the u.s. in the war on terrorism, they remain russia's nuclear bastard child, so we would be very much involved if anything went on over there. as for the chernobyl comparison, that statement is so misinformed i won't even address it.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by 23578

so we would be very much involved if anything went on over there.

convential military style i assume your saying.....cuz i'll bet you my left snut the cia

is already in there with the psyops.

no i was talking how it would sit in the back of some minds of some higher ups until they could see no reason why not to get involved and make things couzy-cousy.

thanks for taking me seriously though.

Guest NATO
Originally posted by HESHIANDET

aight heres the deal. both sides have made numerous statements that they would not be the first to shoot off a nuke. so thats a stalemate right there. in all honesty i think the nuclear drama is just media hype, its just a coincidence both sides have em...

and as far as india's and pakistan's nukes being very powerful, well thats not true either. their shit is ghetto to the maxxxxx. they don't have intercontinental delivery capability, so we don't have much to worry about. the environmental outcome would probably be the same as chernoble, maybe a tad worse. in any case it would be very much a local problem and i could go on about my day not giving a fuck....

i agree with some of this, i dont think that either side would nuke each other for fear of the retribution from the other. but if they did there is still a potential for a huge loss of innocent life and chernobyl was no picnic.

"and (from what i can gather) you have no problem with america having nukes? it's like giving a shotgun to a 3 year old. america is the last country i'd want having nuclear weapons."-abc

why? ive already said i dont like em as much as you do, but they are better in our hands then in some psuedo stable government......but im interested in your reasoning......except for the cuban missle crisis, which was negotiated, i cant recall any close calls...

"I'm more fearful of the rhetoric in the u.s. that is leading us to a new arms race poker game than india and pakistan....."-23578

why? esp. coming off the nuclear treaty that bush just signed....yeah i know i know....all full of loopholes and whether they will even be destroyed or not, but today is aint nothing like the cold war attitudes and stock piles....in order to have an arms race, you need another country...so which counry is that? i think you mean buildup, and what would you like our government to do given the current state?

as far as beardos comment goes, was anyone else shocked that they have hippies in india?....phish has the ultimate fans....im not sure how to read that....i just remember seeing how the us public was quite clueless during the cuban missle crisis, and only when certain classified documents were released did the public realize what was going on and how close we came....im glad that kid has faith though.....hope he doesnt live near new dehli....

look the deal is easy, bin laden has both countries on strings and using it simply to distract attention from the paki/afgh border....following which, a war breaks out....the border becomes porous....pakistan crumble from underneath, extremeists take over, and bin laden is one step away from a dirty bomb....

but the fact that the two leaders wont even meet and that they are in the same room, steams me to no end.....the bigger man is the one who steps down....i know history remembers kennedy, but its was khrushchev who possibly saved humanity.....

this isnt about the US getting hit with a nuke, its about the crumbling of stability in that region and the ripple effect both politically and environmentally that even a minor nuclear war may have.....nevermind what a traditional war could do to the region.....

real gangsta ass ninjas don't flex nukes, 'cause real gangsta as ninjas know they got em...

I find it most humorous that if you combine the 2 portions of Kashmir that are controlled by India and Pakistan, you still ony get 70% of the entire country... wtf is up with that?

Originally posted by 23578

Man, I have real trouble following you here. It seems like you're contradicting yourself, please explain.

I think the uranium nose cone things are for penetration, but don't contaminate on a lare scale like you described, but who knows. I'm more fearful of the rhetoric in the u.s. that is leading us to a new arms race poker game than india and pakistan, but the foolishness of both have me worried. borrowed time.

the stuff in conventional munitions is depleted uranium....or uranium minus its radioactive properties....im not sure on the specs of it, but i think it is mostly used in bullets rather than missles and bombs...most military aircraft use depleted uranium bullets...slices through metal and flesh like butter evidently...they arent supposed to contaminate at all...but i may be wrong, head down to a library and pick up a janes reference manual...you can learn all about military munitions in those...

from the BBC website, some "facts".......

Q&A: Kashmir dispute

The mountainous region of Kashmir has been a flashpoint between India and Pakistan for more than 50 years. BBC News Online provides a step-by-step guide to the dispute.

Why is tension so high?

The territory has witnessed a number of violent incidents recently against the background of continuing tension between India and Pakistan.

Gunmen attacked an army camp in Indian-controlled Kashmir, killing more than 30 people.

India blamed Pakistani-backed militants, a charge Pakistan rejected.

Forces from both countries deployed along the frontline are regularly shelling each other, causing deaths and injuries to civilians in the area.

And a leading moderate Kashmiri politician, Abdul Ghani Lone, was murdered at a rally in Srinagar, further increasing fears over instability in the region.

Is there a real danger of war?

International concern over the situation in Kashmir is growing, and there have been calls for restraint from the US, the EU and others.

UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw is due to visit both India and Pakistan as is US Assistant Secretary of State Richard Armitage.

The EU Commissioner for External Relations, Chris Patten, is already in the region.

There are fears that even a minor incident along the border could trigger a conflagration between the two nuclear-capable powers.

And both President Musharraf and Prime Minister Vajpayee are under considerable domestic pressure not to back down in this latest stand-off.

Why is Kashmir disputed?

The territory of Kashmir was hotly contested even before India and Pakistan won their independence from Britain in August 1947.

Under the partition plan provided by the Indian Independence Act of 1947, Kashmir was free to accede to India or Pakistan.

The Maharaja, Hari Singh, wanted to stay independent but eventually decided to accede to India, signing over key powers to the Indian Government - in return for military aid and a promised referendum.

Since then, the territory has been the flashpoint for two of the three India-Pakistan wars: the first in 1947-8, the second in 1965.

In 1999, India fought a brief but bitter conflict with Pakistani-backed forces who had infiltrated Indian-controlled territory in the Kargil area.

In addition to the rival claims of Delhi and Islamabad to the territory, there has been a growing and often violent separatist movement fighting against Indian rule in Kashmir since 1989.

What are the rival claims?

Islamabad says Kashmir should have become part of Pakistan in 1947, because Muslims are in the majority in the region (see below).

Pakistan also argues that Kashmiris should be allowed to vote in a referendum on their future, following numerous UN resolutions on the issue.

Delhi, however, does not want international debate on the issue, arguing that the Simla Agreement of 1972 provided for a resolution through bilateral talks.

India points to the Instrument of Accession signed in October 1947 by the Maharaja, Hari Singh.

Both India and Pakistan reject the so-called "third option"of Kashmiri independence.

What is the Line of Control?

A demarcation line was originally established in January 1949 as a ceasefire line, following the end of the first Kashmir war.

In July 1972, after a second conflict, the Line of Control (LoC) was re-established under the terms of the Simla Agreement, with minor variations on the earlier boundary.

The LoC passes through a mountainous region about 5,000 metres high.

India and Pakistan trade fire over the LOC

The conditions are so extreme that the bitter cold claims more lives than the sporadic military skirmishes.

North of the LoC, the rival forces have been entrenched on the Siachen glacier (more than 6,000 metres high) since 1984 - the highest battlefield on earth.

The LoC divides Kashmir on an almost two-to-one basis: Indian-administered Kashmir to the east and south (population about nine million), which falls into the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir; and Pakistani-administered Kashmir to the north and west (population about three million), which is labelled by Pakistan as "Azad" (Free) Kashmir. China also controls a small portion of Kashmir.

What's the UN involvement?

The UN has maintained a presence in the disputed area since 1949.

Currently, the LoC is monitored by the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (Unmogip).

It is commanded by Major-General Hermann Loidolt of Austria.

According to the UN, their mission is "to observe, to the extent possible, developments pertaining to the strict observance of the ceasefire of December 1971".

Is religion an issue?

Religion is an important aspect of the dispute. Partition in 1947 gave India's Muslims a state of their own: Pakistan. So a common faith underpins Pakistan's claims to Kashmir, where many areas are Muslim-dominated.

The population of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir is over 60% Muslim, making it the only state within India where Muslims are in the majority.

Who are the militants?

There are several groups pursuing the rival claims to Kashmir.

Armed Kashmiri militants: A growing presence

Not all are armed, but since Muslim insurgency began in 1989, the number of armed separatists has grown from hundreds to thousands. The most prominent are the pro-Pakistani Hizbul Mujahideen.

Islamabad denies providing them and others with logistical and material support.

The Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) was the largest pro-independence group, but its influence is thought to have waned.

Other groups have joined under the umbrella of the All-Party Hurriyat (Freedom) Conference, which campaigns peacefully for an end to India's presence in Kashmir.

Indian forces announced a unilateral ceasefire against militant groups in November 2000, but violence continued.

Attempts to get talks going between the government and the separatist parties have foundered over separatist demands that Pakistan should be included in any dialogue.

India says there can be no discussion involving Pakistan because it sponsors violence in Kashmir.

India and Pakistan failed to narrow their differences over Kashmir at a summit in the Indian city of Agra in July 2001.

Since then, they have continued to trade accusations and outside attempts to get them to resolve their differences have made no headway.

Guest HESHIANDET

i love that street violence is rampant here. those fucking pussies suck so much cock its rediculis (sp?). i'd love to go over there and just start punching people the fuck out and fronting my tech....nah mean.

Archived