just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this...

sitka/xxxxx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

interesting idea...make toys out of graffiti characters...i've seen them in several magazines...even art magazines that have nothing to do with graffiti...its just a way of selling one's art, which is important if you plan on making a living off of your art.

Guest 87centHitMan

The only one that has anything to do with graff is the "obey giant" guy. There's some article about espo by futura on the main site, so there must be some connection.

Guest ilikeskulls.

i think they're neat looking but cost way too fuckin' much.if i were gonna drop money on toys i'd replace all my old transformers that got destroyed or disappeared over the years,but that's just me.and as far as the price for those toys are that's not realilistic pricing.most graff writers i know could never afford that.shit like rent,food,bills,supplies come first.i think they're more for art collectors then anything else.

Guest ilikeskulls.
Originally posted by 87centHitMan

The only one that has anything to do with graff is the "obey giant" guy. There's some article about espo by futura on the main site, so there must be some connection.

they're all graff related.one of the toys is a twist toy.the other meta,stash, and os gemoes...

The only reason I'm not calling this a massive sellout is because the figurines are not really graffiti based, more artwork based. Nevertheless, I think they are stupid and a bastardization of artwork which I once aspired to own, but am growing less and less interested in. A lot of people whore themselves in Asian markets, especially Japan, hoping that those in North America will not notice. It wouldn't seem so bad if it weren't major writers like Twist. If it were someone else you could easily dismiss the toys as gay and get on with your life....Unfortunately, twist has earned respect, and as such, we must now take time to consider the new door that has opened. A world of toys making toys and thinking it's acceptable as graffiti because Twist did it first.

Ha...so let me ask you this...graff aside..do you like the figures?Regardless of who did them...and would you pay hundreds for them?

Now after answering that, do you think these are made for writers to buy and collect?...NO..they are made for consumers...people who like to buy, buy,buy...and own all the cool little trendy things..

Personally I would much rather have a tag from each of them on a piece of paper, then an overpriced piece of plastic.

But I actually write, and I am not about to knock them for getting loot off the suckas. But they are still cornball...at least give them guns and shit....some destructive powers..mine would be armed to the teeth with uzi's and grenades....

It has everything to do with writing..duh!

Guest ctrl+alt+del

this is OLD news. those things are over priced and over hyped regardless of who made them. we make fun of people for buying a shirt just because its Abercrombie and Fitch brand, then how can we justify buying A TOY just cuz its made by mr twisto or co. ?

i dont mean to "hate" on twistoe or co's parade, but thats jsut how i see it.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

What the hell do they have to do with graffiti?

Im not going to say your stupid....but that was a stupid comment...and this has already been posted elsewhere...so why not try and search next time for it...instead of making a new thread...but oh well..

Guest L.RonHubbard
Originally posted by ilikeskulls.

i think they're neat looking but cost way too fuckin' much.if i were gonna drop money on toys i'd replace all my old transformers that got destroyed or disappeared over the years,.

WORD UP! Jazz and Blaster son!!

Archived