the new 'overall security framework'

Guest BROWNer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well if he can't even get it done in afganistan, who's he kidding that he's going to get anything done in any of these countries. i'm not reading that article, i could care less about what new shit comes out of that guys mouth. that fbi internet snooping shit, now that i'm interested in, post up a link people.

Guest BROWNer

http://www.adage.com/images/random/lips01_big.jpg'>

http://www.adage.com/images/random/lips02_big.jpg'>

http://www.adage.com/images/random/lips03_big.jpg'>

http://www.adage.com/images/random/lips04_big.jpg'>

Notoriously tight-lipped with the press, the NSA does not usually grant interviews. However, the agency did agree to answer a list of questions submitted by AdAge.com about its new advertising campaign. An NSA representative sent back the following replies:

Q: When did the campaign start? When will it finish?

A: NSA's information security awareness campaign in Military Times magazines started in April and is scheduled to end in June.

Q: Will it expand beyond the military services? Into consumer publications?

A: Our contract is aimed strictly at members of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Q: Will it expand into radio or television?

A: There are no plans to expand into any commercial broadcast medium.

Q: What's your budget for this campaign?

A: It is NSA policy not to share contractual information.

Q: Is this NSA's first ad campaign with a paid media vendor?

A: Yes, although the NSA has an ongoing, active public presence within the information assurance, defense and academic communities through conferences, distribution of brochures and other materials, vendor and government partnerships, and educational programs.

In the aftermath of Sept. 11, NSA initiated the campaign to stress the importance of information security during wartime. We hope to increase the awareness of military personnel to the absolute necessity of guarding sensitive information, using secure communication methods and practicing good computer security.

NSA developed a series of four military prints to deliver the information security message to decision-makers in the U.S. Armed Forces. These prints capture the graphic style of security awareness posters used during World War II. In addition, we repackaged these same graphics and same message into a series of print ads in Military Times, a publication that exclusively targets the American military. This is NSA's first use of these methods to increase information security awareness.

Q: Who is the ad agency?

A: Trahan, Burden & Charles in Baltimore.

Q: What is the aim of the campaign?

A: The objective of the campaign is to underscore the critical need for information security to the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces. Part of NSA's mission is "information assurance," the protection of the communications and information systems of the U.S. Department of Defense and its allies. To achieve this goal, we use a "Defense-in-Depth" strategy, a balanced focus on three primary elements: people, technology and operations. This campaign is one small part of the training and awareness for the "people" component. Unguarded information can be a valuable source of intelligence to our enemies. The increased threat of terrorism has intensified the demand for our military personnel to remain vigilant and alert, always on guard protecting information that our enemies could use to undermine our national security and harm the nation. This campaign is a visible reminder of this crucial responsibility.

Q: Has it been effective?

A: Because the ad campaign is only one element in the overall training and awareness of the U.S. Armed Forces in the area of protecting information, it is impossible to gauge its effectiveness accurately. However, the ads are a highly visible reminder to our military personnel of their crucial role in protecting information. We believe that, as in all successful public awareness initiatives, we will have influenced our target audience by using this traditional mass-marketing strategy.

NSA believes in the importance of these efforts to raise the awareness of our military personnel to this critical element of our warfighting and defensive strategies. Our vigilance in protecting information is essential to our victory over terrorism and the safe return of our fighting men and women.

Originally posted by colour

The time is NOW!

We must crush the enemy..[/img]

yes, the enemy, and their families, and their leaders, and the people that have nothing to do with anything and are just standing there, and the dogs that might really be cleverly disgusied 'enemy'. fuck it, lets blow up the whole world and make everyone in america move to mars.. its the only way we will be safe. god bless america and that we stand for.

while "those different from us" are plotting to put a dent in america and kill us "infidels"..im not being a dick but if the US doesnt want to be attacked it needs to disable other countries capable of attacking and that dont like "us"...americans aren't the most popular people in the world :D

I feel safe in America.I like the government monitioring me, and if it is good to know people are looking out for me and making sure I mind my manners.I support the NEW WORLD ORDER!

GO TEAM, GO!

USA....USA...USA....USA....come on now, chant along....USA..USA...there ya go...USA..USA......WOOOO.....GO USA!!!!

Guest deadlydnut

how about we just blow are selfs up? then well do good for at least somebody, the insects, and theirs only 200 billion more of them than us.....

an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind...

y the fuck cant people smoke the peace pipe like they used to ...TALK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS..

those lazy assholes just bomb the fuck outa eachother OVER PETTY DIFFERENCES because if you think about it, the beef you start ON MY MOTHER FUCKING PLANET doesn't matter when you die..

fucking ruin it for everyone else you mother fuckers

Originally posted by suburbian bum

Wohoo, lets kill everyone who is slightly different then us.

thats what the fuck im screamin. survival of the fittest.

oh you dont like your living conditions? let my countrys huge fucking arsenal relieve you of your problems

Originally posted by yoink

while "those different from us" are plotting to put a dent in america and kill us "infidels"..im not being a dick but if the US doesnt want to be attacked it needs to disable other countries capable of attacking and that dont like "us"...americans aren't the most popular people in the world :D

This is sarcastic right? Disable? eh? Most of the weapons floating around in the world in all of these "rogue states" are weapons that the US military sold to these states at conventions. thus beginning the arms race with ourself. We give them good weapons, thus we have to build better.

If the US doesnt want to be attacked, maybe we should stop fucking the rest of the world's collective butt, eh?

Guest platapie
Originally posted by T.T Boy

did canada make the list?

haha humor in a a few diffrent ways.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by T.T Boy

did canada make the list?

heh.......but how about this..

the US is, or was considering

putting sanctions on us for our

leniancy, and possible legalization, of

marijuana. yup. ]^