railroad maps

taco bell bomber

yes there prolly is a thread on this..but i havent seen one in al ong time so oh well...

does anyone know where i can buy state railroad maps, i know that nj transit gives them out to there workers..so i herd...and it shows every fr8 layup, yard and other train yards even if they are stored there everynight.. i was wondering if anyone knew where one might go to get one of these?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there are lots of specific railroad maps/atlas' out there.. you have to turn to the side of railfanning though.. search around on websites involved with that stuff... I know that Ive gotten a free one from UP, CP, CSX and a few map books that I have paid dearly for..

Find you a good key map. They have all the yards labeled and layups are shown. They're very handy. That's my suggestion if you can't get the railroad maps.. The key map would be easiest to get anyway I think. They sell them at pretty much every bookstore I have ever been in. Yeah.

www.deskmap.com sells an awesome book that has all that you need.. its 80 bucks though.. Only would be worth it if you had a few people to throw down for it.. thats what we did at least.

there are a ton of other ones out there, check out www.trainsmag.com and start working your way around the sites that sell shit.. or fuck, just buy a copy of trains magazine and you will see plenty of ads..

the regular road gazette for my state (they make em for all states) has all the lines, and they are also labelled with what railroad owns them..

made by rand-mcnally

about 30 bucks

its a few hundred pages..nice detail

Re: dumb

Originally posted by dirteeKid

its funny how u guys are giving out secrets n shit.. let everyone find spots... fuck heads:o

yeah, I know if I was looking for new spots I'd never guess to look in a road map! thats just way to clever...I mean...shit. Thats some top secret shit right there.

Re: dumb

Originally posted by dirteeKid

its funny how u guys are giving out secrets n shit.. let everyone find spots... fuck heads:o

Just because it's on the map doesn't mean you can paint there fuckface. And some people actually like helping people out... like when your dad couldn't get it up I humbly accepted the task of fucking the shit out of your sister...Hah. I am bored.

Re: Re: dumb

Originally posted by WITS

Just because it's on the map doesn't mean you can paint there fuckface. And some people actually like helping people out... like when your dad couldn't get it up I humbly accepted the task of fucking the shit out of your sister...Hah. I am bored.

and why are u being a fucking dick..its not like a map is a secret...if u didnt want to answer my question you should have fucking came into the thread cockgobbler, so jus stay the fuck out next time, and being a dick to ese....fine, but being im sure he knows 12000 times as much as you about fr8s, i think u should think twice

Originally posted by Southern kid

yeah i want that rand mcnalley map too but i cant find the book for sale anywhere...

are you being sarcastic?????

geez, its at every goddamn walmart and target i know of

Guest krowteN

while there times when these loose lipped internet shitheads talk a little too much about spots, asking where to get a map hardly qualifies as a secret. but thas just me.

Guest Ted Wakowski

Good thread. I found a few maps by searching Google for railfan and related sites. Still have yet to find anything nice and specific as far as yard locations go. Eventually...

• 2 weeks later...

...i hear trainorders.com is like the biggest railfan site...they have a message board like this one...i think... i've actually never been there but some railfans i've talked to tell me about it...you can order real rail maps(not rand mcnally which sometimes doesn't show lines that are just used as layups) but they cost loot...the rand mcnally is a good place to start then just follow the lines...

Archived