I HATE EBAY!!!!!

DorkstaR

ebay is an easy and quick way to buy cheap crap that other people don't care about or want anymore...unfortunately i have developed a problem and haven't been able to keep my finger away from the "bid" button. now i am stuck practically in debt. anyone else bid on ebay before? or am i the only dumb asshole that likes to shop online?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest -MOE LESTER-
Originally posted by ese

I seem to be on there far more often when I'm broke. If I was better at racking shit I'd try and make a living selling shit on there...

i had a friend who was straight living off of gaffling cd players, batteries, and cell phone covers at target, then selling them on ebay

its a smart business plan, untill you get caught

it seems to me ebay has just gotten more expensive....for instance i sold a turtable on ebay, 5 years old with a retail value $450....the winning bidder paid around $360....then after shipping and insurance it came out to almost $400.....

now why buy some questionable used shit when you can spend the extra $50 and get a brand new peice of equipment and save yourself the pay pal fees, the auction watching and the bullshitting with the sellers

2 years ago ebay was great....now its the internet equivilent of coupon clipping.....no worth the time

I just got the Scarface DVD I bought on ebay today.

The bootleg doesen't even have the special features.

Plus you have to play it on Dolby 2.0 or else guess what you get no sound.

They couldn't even spell Brian DePalma correct.

The only stuff I would buy on there is stuff you can't get too many other places like discontinued movies or other stuff. I was looking at the digital cameras like the one I have already to see the prices. And the prices are similar. I bought mine used @ the Sony factory outlet. It's easier than having to worry about what kinda shape the merchandise is gonna be in.

but ebay is saving me from having to get up from behind my computer and go to all the shitty little flea markets around the state and look for the wierd little knick knacks that I like such as my malt liquor belt buckles, my andre the giant and hulk hogan beer steins, or any of the other useless junk I own....its easier than leaving the house.

Originally posted by boogie hands

it seems to me ebay has just gotten more expensive....for instance i sold a turtable on ebay, 5 years old with a retail value $450....the winning bidder paid around $360....then after shipping and insurance it came out to almost $400.....

now why buy some questionable used shit when you can spend the extra $50 and get a brand new peice of equipment and save yourself the pay pal fees, the auction watching and the bullshitting with the sellers

2 years ago ebay was great....now its the internet equivilent of coupon clipping.....no worth the time

true. but on the other hand, its a useful way to get ahold of out of print records, which is the only thing im going to/have been using it for. but yes, good arguement

i got booted twice off e-bay for not paying for bids i won. its like you put in for stuff you kinda want and don't really expect to win and then you end up winning the bid and not really wanting the damn thing after all or not having the skrills to pay the bills.

in other words: ebay is no place for a balla on a budget.

lo_b superstars.

Archived