Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
serum

osaka japan

Prosecutors seek 18-month term for antiwar graffitist

Prosecutors demanded an 18-month prison term Wednesday for a man charged with defacing a public lavatory in Suginami Ward, Tokyo, with antiwar graffiti in April.

News photo

This lavatory in a park in Suginami Ward, Tokyo, was defaced by antiwar graffiti in April.

"Graffiti is becoming a social problem and there is growing public demand for serious punishment in such cases," a prosecutor told the Tokyo District Court.

Lawyers for the 25-year-old defendant, a bookstore employee whose name was not provided, argued that the indictment was politically motivated and designed to suppress public opposition to Japan's support for the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq this year.

"It's unfair to charge (the defendant) with damaging a building," lawyer Shoji Nishimura said. "It would be proper in this case to charge him with violation of the Minor Offense Law or the Suginami Ward ordinance banning the drawing of graffiti."

Damaging a building is a criminal offense that carries punishment of up to five years in prison. People punished under the Minor Offense Law can be fined a maximum of 10,000 yen or detained for up to 30 days. The ward ordinance carries a fine of up to 20,000 yen.

The Japan Times: Dec. 18, 2003

© All rights reserved

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by serum

^huh?

very and yoka however piece in katakana [japanese syllabus for foriegn words] you have to understand how powerful english is outside of english speaking countries. they don't find japanese as cool as the english speakers do.

Very came to Chicago a year or so ago and happened to meet my guys Dead, Dymz and True at a bar.. down-ass nigga, but thats beside the point. he showed Dymz how to write "Dymz" in Japanese that wasn't directly "Dimes" or "Dymz" or whatever, but rather a couple syllables that sounded out a "word" sounding like "Dymz". Dymz recently pieced it this past summer. if i find it ill post it.

this is ader from brooklyn new york i got nothing but lovefor osaka i was there for 8 months i saw very up out there alot all around namba and shinsaibashi on orange street marker tags outlines everything as well as a bunch of other writers i will post some of the pics i took when i was there ader san ichiban mentaiko spaghetti nato suki kioskete nihon jin ...

Originally posted by BoB Hope ONER

no its made of rice.

any other stereotypes you want to pull out of your ass.. because theyre not funny.

you know its funny you bukaki loving otaku bammer. maaan your so rightously p.c. i thought momma dukes theresa made that post. get over it. also nice flicks...shit is craygeeee.....bump.

BOKU WA NIHON NI IMASU YO!

Ive been to Tokyo and several other cities in Nihon, the place is crshed in the city! Im going back to see whats really good with their cleans. I think it can be done.