how do you float?

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you have to learn how to tread water

its like pedaling a bicycle with your legs underwater and waving your arms about like your spreading peanut butter or something (seriously), it takes a while to learn but its worthwhile

having air in your lungs is also a major part of it because it makes you more bouyant

....buoyancy

keep this in mind..

the air in your lungs is lighter than water, thus keeping you on top of the water when your lungs are full of air..

when you see people floating along in the ocean, they are keeping their bodies stiff and air in their lungs by measured breaths..

the salt in the water also makes the water slightly more dense, so it is easier to float in the ocean than it is in a pool..

that's how people float, and why when they're dead, the lightest place in the body rises to the surface, the dorsal torso (the back)..the lungs are just underneath this area..

Guest willy.wonka

people do drown in bathtubs....

well i just lay on my back and extend my legs kinda keep balance with my arms...

water wings are always good though..dont ever be ashamed of using them....

im just a natural water baby....my second home is the ocean..i wish i had gills..like that guy on water world..

i'd like to be,under the sea..in a octopusses garden,in the shade.

Archived