horsepower upgrades on imports?

Guest mopius

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hear ya fr8o... love seeing a hooked up older GTI...

opium, i feel ya, and i wasn't knocking you at all for wanting 1/4 mile performance- i love seeing that shit out there... i'm basically just trying to kick the "different strokes" philosophy... i like the best of all worlds, and most car freaks tend to be at extremes, which i respect, but i wish my moderation was respected too, know what i mean? drag cats try to tell me that my car is "drastically underpowered" when i have a 200hp engine in a golf body for daily driving? come on man... a little perspective would be nice... i like nice classy shit, and i'm a clean freak and a detailing freak. i love and respect all genres. keep doing your thing man, i really like reading about your car. hope you know where i'm coming from...

and rip, you herbass, i think you're running excess sodium in your diet.

yeah TEARZ, I never took offense to what you were saying. I just thought I'd elaborate a little more as to why I always ask, and talk about the 1/4 mile. If I had any money for suspension, I would be all about how the car could perform on the twisties, but since I don't, its all about the 1/4 for me. I used to have a civic, (yeah i know just another civic), that pulled great cornerning speeds, but it wasn't fast at all. But once it got up there, I could out perform tons of other cars once the momentum was up and rolling. I'm a huge fan of anything that goes fast, in any way shape or form. Check out this 1990 nissan sentra's dyno sheet. This is the old school version of the sentra. Basically a flying brick. You can see a vid of it here whooping an s2000's ass. Watch as it takes off a couple gears later like a bat out of hell. I've been talkin to this kid alot on another forum. Says that burn out in the beginning was for the camera, to show off.

p.s. the vid is being taken inside the S2000 if you couldn't hear the VTEC in the opening of the clip.

Originally posted by fr8oholic

your boy dipped on that guy. it's nice to see something sleeper-like shitting on fools in their 'sports cars'. my father's had experience with confronting people at the track after he's kicked the shit out of them and it's incredibly funny.

Yeah, thats how I feel about my car. Dippin on people that have paid twice as much. As far as I know, that kid that smoked the S2000 is just in experimental phase with that car I guess. I guess everything he learns on that ride, he puts onto another one just like it. The motor in that thing is a CA18DET. 1.8liters of fun fun fun. The pull on that dyno sheet was made in 4th gear. However I've never met the kid considering he and I are on opposite ends of the country. But he's from another forum I belong to.

And it was funny the other night. I pull up to the staging lines at the track, and sitting right next to me was some kid that I keep beating the hell out of on the street in his Focus ZX3, and Supercharged GTP Pontiac Grand AM. It was funny to see his face when he thought I might rip him up at the track. Luckily for him he didn't race me. Unfortunately, I realized how crappy my driving/launching skills have gotten as I didn't even break into the 13's again. My mph was high every time for my times, so I know I got the power, its just the launching that kills me. Guess it's time for some slicks for me, and I'll be in the 13's all night.

If anyones interested, this is how my night went at the legal drags.

first run

second run

Second run was alot better than the first because I bogged HARD on the first run. I guess my 175-70R-13 tires aren't doing me any good anymore!

Originally posted by OPIUM3

Yeah, thats how I feel about my car. Dippin on people that have paid twice as much. As far as I know, that kid that smoked the S2000 is just in experimental phase with that car I guess. I guess everything he learns on that ride, he puts onto another one just like it. The motor in that thing is a CA18DET. 1.8liters of fun fun fun. The pull on that dyno sheet was made in 4th gear. However I've never met the kid considering he and I are on opposite ends of the country. But he's from another forum I belong to.

And it was funny the other night. I pull up to the staging lines at the track, and sitting right next to me was some kid that I keep beating the hell out of on the street in his Focus ZX3, and Supercharged GTP Pontiac Grand AM. It was funny to see his face when he thought I might rip him up at the track. Luckily for him he didn't race me. Unfortunately, I realized how crappy my driving/launching skills have gotten as I didn't even break into the 13's again. My mph was high every time for my times, so I know I got the power, its just the launching that kills me. Guess it's time for some slicks for me, and I'll be in the 13's all night.

If anyones interested, this is how my night went at the legal drags.

first run

second run

Second run was alot better than the first because I bogged HARD on the first run. I guess my 175-70R-13 tires aren't doing me any good anymore!

why are the people your racing running in 17 an 18 sec? a stock gst eclipse runs faster.

that's good shit...

that video is funny to me... your homie herbed that dude severely...

yeah, the 60' times could be a little better for sure, but the changes you're making will help with that... just out of curiousity, how much does it cost to drag where you guys are at? i think it's around 20 balls out here...

Originally posted by rip

why are the people your racing running in 17 an 18 sec? a stock gst eclipse runs faster.

Yeah, I don't recall what I raced that night exactly. I remember some family car looking things. There were alot of fast cars that night though. One of the fastest was a civic running in the low low 12's knockin on the 11 sec door that was boosted. Another civic in the mid 13's all night boosted. And I finally saw ONE VW at the drags. It was doing poorly at the 16 second barrier. It was a golf.

Originally posted by rip

just out of curiousity, how much does it cost to drag where you guys are at? i think it's around 20 balls out here...

It costs $10 to watch and an extra $5 to race. I didn't know until the other night, but they also rent slicks out there. Its like $35 for one run and $50 for two runs. I think i'm going to bring some extra money sometime just to see if its worth getting slicks. I'm pretty sure it will be, but i'm still not sure if my current drivetrain setup can handle the shock of slicks.

Originally posted by OPIUM3

It costs $10 to watch and an extra $5 to race. I didn't know until the other night, but they also rent slicks out there. Its like $35 for one run and $50 for two runs. I think i'm going to bring some extra money sometime just to see if its worth getting slicks. I'm pretty sure it will be, but i'm still not sure if my current drivetrain setup can handle the shock of slicks.

that reminds me of this time when my hommie had this old ass corrola that he said he was gonna fix up, next day he came back with that shit slammed with bbs rims system all that shit (stolen all of it) and i was like is that shit fast he said yeah lets roll. i got in an he smoked the tires then he went to second a thud car stopped. we look the axle fell. lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived