Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mopius

horsepower upgrades on imports?

if you want real power upgrades you're gonna have to add some sort of forced induction. fuck a jackson supercharger. vortech makes a kit for the civic...they might be working on an integra...fuck a swap too...what a waste of time and money...

if you want real power you should go with a turbo/supercharger. enough said. turn up the boost, run 93 octane, you can make decent torque and power.

a 50 shot of nitrous with cat-back and headers and intake (bah) wont give you anything but maybe 200 horsepower @ the front wheels. it's dumb.

you can also go the N/A route but that probably wont let you take the power above 250 hp....it's a ton of money too...engine blueprinting, head port/polish, bigger valves, honing, and stroking from 1.8 to 2 liter.

it's all about forced induction

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have a saturn sc2 twincam as my daily driver.....

I burnt some dumbass in a hyundi tiberon yesterday...hahahaha...he must not know how to drive or something...im sure he was embarassed.

No mods at all...except some cool blue racing pedals that the guy before me added on...

Cool blue racing pedals..5-10hp!!

Guest Catch22
Originally posted by fr8oholic

www.jacksonracing.com

get yourself a supercharger or do an engine swap. personally a nice t3/t4 turbo on top of an engine swap would be butter but i don't know your monetary situation.

Yeah in my opinion a Jackson Racing Supercharger is the way to go. Engine swap would be nice to but a supercharger is simpler to do. Check out their site it has all the info you need. I like the JR supercharger because it seems to have less wear on the engine. If your going to take your car to the strip maybe look at some turbo charger but for an everyday car I would go with the supercharger.

my girlfriend named my car, "Melissa" anyone else have names for their cars? ;)

Originally posted by Catch22

If your going to take your car to the strip maybe look at some turbo charger but for an everyday car I would go with the supercharger.

you got it all twisted man!

A supercharger is driven by a serpentine belt, meaning the turbine is spinning constantly, thus producing boost, even at idle. Boost is compressed air being FORCE fed into the engine, and since superchargers produce constant boost (not to mention HOT AIR), the engine runs a tad hotter and it proves to be more stressful on the internals, lessening the longevity. Kiss feul mileage goodbye with a supercharger because more boost means more feul being used.

On the other hand, a turbo really only produces boost when you are hard on the accelerator and at a certain RPM range, depending on boost setting and engine displacement. When you're idling or just coasting @ 70 mph, hardly and boost is being made. Turbocharged vehicles also tend to be MORE feul efficient than an normal aspirated engine since the turbo acts as a second muffler. Turbochargers are also WAY safer on an engine since most kits offered are intercooled, meaning the compressed air charge temperature is lower meaning a cooler running engine and lesser chance of detonation (POP!)

As far as track use goes, turbo setup cars and supercharged cars are probably neck and neck. Supercharged cars launch off the line fast, while a turbo car is in the process in building boost. By the time full boost comes in, the turbo car is already flying after the supercharged one. Turbocharged drags are going to dominate the track soon though. An automatic turbocharged V8 would slop a supercharged manual V8 all over the place. When wide open throttle with an auto, the throttle body remains OPEN until you let off the gas, so that means the turbo is constantly boosting and you don't have to worry about letting off to blow off excess gas out of the bypass valve..

lkdnflsdn

Guest uncle-boy

you could get rid of it and get a ss camaro. :o

turbos are fucking boss. i won't elaborate anymore than that...

i recommended jackson because they're a well known tuner and most people feel comfortable going along with whatever lots of people agree with.

personally i'd ditch the honda if you want speed. you can nab a supra for semiclose to the same money you'd pay for a new civic.

DETO were you talking 1/8 mile man? i thought you had a candied up pile of rice on you hands. 12 seconds in a civic usually requires boost and i don't recall seeing that in something else you posted about your wip...

Originally posted by juggernaut

i've heard that a CRV bottom end with a GSR head is the hot new all-motor hybrid. not sure how true that is, though.

H22 swap would be fast in anything but the heavy-ass quelude.

B18 swap plus turbo or SC would be quick.

otherwise, all the old-school hotrod tricks work on the new motors. higher compression with a decked head or different pistons, P/P, cams, header, exhaust, bigger injectors, etc.

STRIP all weight out of the car, easiest "free" HP gains. also, set your car up correctly for what you want to do..

DETO, i thought you had 18s on your "racecar". i remember a paltry list of mods dealing mostly with cosmetics in a thread you posted in a while ago... hmmmmm..

:confused:

please do not say that a gsr head on a b20b engine is the best mix. please please dont. every1 who noes nething about that fuccin swap, knows that its a b16n head on a b20 bloccc. please shut up now.

Originally posted by Catch22

Yeah in my opinion a Jackson Racing Supercharger is the way to go. Engine swap would be nice to but a supercharger is simpler to do. Check out their site it has all the info you need. I like the JR supercharger because it seems to have less wear on the engine. If your going to take your car to the strip maybe look at some turbo charger but for an everyday car I would go with the supercharger.

jakson couldnt make a good super charger if their life depended on it. the only car they make a good 1 for is the miata aka fag moblie.

your first mistake was wasting your money on honda you shoulda kept the stang nos and mufflers are no substitute for raw power

did any of the people raggin on this guy for buying a honda actually read past the first post?

Originally posted by mopius

its acutally an acura integra 93

and, again, just to make a point, i prefer old american muscle cars...

Fuck mustangs. Cheap pieces of shit. I had a brand new one. I took a new Accord Coupe (one of the nicest looking cars for the price, in my opinion) over the mustang. Mustangs aren't worth having unless you have a Cobra, Roush, Saleen, etc. Inside they're cheap plasticy garbage. Leather is the way to go. Fo shizzle.

rip.. what the fuck did i say in my post?

"not sure how true this is, though"

thanks for setting me straight like a civilized person, mr.tuff guy import guru..

i partially agree on the jackson comment, though. i've heard nothing but bad things about their line for honduhs.

Guest SPLINTER

just remember that when youre runnin a turbo you should drive around at low rpms after you race or after youve been riding at high rpms for a while.

Originally posted by SPLINTER

just remember that when youre runnin a turbo you should drive around at low rpms after you race or after youve been riding at high rpms for a while.

turbo timer nizzle. you can set the idle time you'd prefer and your car continues to cool down after you've turned the fucker off, hit your alarm and are working up a sweat with some women...

basically, for moderate gains, maintenance free use, and daily driving, go with an SC. If you want to go all out, build up the engine and squeeze every last bit of power out of it, go turbo.

vinyl junkie, acura = honda

and nothing sounds cooler than a turbo when you're building up boost in high rpm's...

hmmmmmmmmmttttttttttttsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....squiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssh

Guest mopius

hot damn this thread got a lot more replies that i thought...anyways, thanks for all the feedback, im not really going to go race or anything i just bought the acura for realiblity and was thinking what i could do to get some more power out of it...the turbo idea is sounding good though:idea:

Originally posted by juggernaut

rip.. what the fuck did i say in my post?

"not sure how true this is, though"

thanks for setting me straight like a civilized person, mr.tuff guy import guru..

i partially agree on the jackson comment, though. i've heard nothing but bad things about their line for honduhs.

wtf r u talkin about. jakson cant make a super charger for shit. and about the engine swap? its true ive done acouple this past year.

my 98 altima..fastest family car in town...

weapon R intake

matrix exaust

custom grill

and when i save up 700 i will get the new body kit,

and its dropped 1.5in.

fuck all you haters ill put it up agianst any honda or acura..

have a turbo..but not installed yet

i'm shy 5 grand for 300+ hp and torque.

ninja's need to start a 'let's make fr8oholics car crazy fund'...

Guest HESHIANDET

im gonna have to tell you to put a big dumb honking turbo on there. that seems to be the "cool" thing to do...

NA for life.