Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MTV

Guest deadlydnut

Guest deadlydnut
Originally posted by GEAsusONEnep

PAID IN FULL, SUCKUH. MAYBE YOU SHOULD PEEP THE THREAD AGAIN AND/OR GET YOUR EYES CHECKED. DON'T CRY BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS CORNY. YOU THINK YOU'RE SOME UNDERGROUND SUPER DUPER POOPER COOL GRAFFITI WRITER WHO IS A PART OF SOME ELITE SUPER-SECRET SUBCULTURE. POINT BLANK: YOU WRITE ON SHIT THAT DOESNT BELONG TO YOU. NO ONE CARES. YOU'RE IN NO WAY SPECIAL. WAS ANY OF YOUR GRAFF IN THE VIDEOS? NO. HOW ABOUT YOU KEEP THE ONLINE BEEF/GUM FLAPPING TO A MINIMUM AND LETS DISCUSS THE REAL ISSUE AT HAND: THE STUPIDITY OF THIS THREAD. IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, MTV'S GOAL IS TO MAKE MONEY, NOT TO KEEP IT REAL. MAYBE YOU SHOULD START A SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP PROTECTING THE WORK OF GRAFF WRITERS :rolleyes:. NIJJA PLEASE.

HUGS AND KISSES,

GEA

Holy shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

where it all started

i just wanted to respond to the guy who said "dont you know where gangs started?" dont you know? i beleive that the gangbanging mentality came from chicanos in california but not la. during the gold rush san francisco was a major city in california before la even had runnig water. many mexicans traveled North from mexico in hopes of striking it rich. the younger generation used to travel together as races tend to do. they would act together in small time crimes and robberies. when some families remained poor and found no means to make money they stated to tavel back to mexico and many found jobs as farmers and feildworkers all over the southern part of the state. since la was mostly undeveloped land was cheap and many families stayed and found work, and called for more family to come to this cheap housing and make ten times the money that was being made in mexico. the families that had younger members that had lived the gang lifestyle in san francisco brought back their way of thinking to southern california. the first varrios were mara villa apartments, 18th street, hazard, avenues, but the thinking and thug living had been created up north. no disrespect to all you southeners i love the whole state and have studied the history for years. if you disagree, prove me wrong.

Guest I'm back!!

Booooooooo!!!

Originally posted by jismone

To MTV, Hip Hop includes Ja Rule, Nelly, Eve, etc.

then obviously dont care and drop any buzz word to sell anything

only good thing about the graff is I saw a flare tag in NYC and flare was one of the dopest in the north west til he went into the clink:(

Also known to get roughed up when he leaves Seattle!!

Some youngsters in Vancouver mopped him up easy!!

actually, most gangs that are nonwhite started as a result of white supremacy. In the bay, as well as LA, brown, black, and yellow kids were being harassed by whites.To keep from getting their asses kicked they stuck together because stregnth is in numbers. I t is well documented in many older gangs. Other gangs started as organized crime. The real time when Chicano gangs started to develop after the mass migrations of mexicans to LA and the southwest following the mexican revolution.Blck gangs with the exodus to LA after WW2.As the city was being filled up with nonwhites, the white population became increasingly hostile to this.They burnt down LA chinatown down twice.La white have had a history of hostility towards everyone else. Since the cops and admiinistraters didnt do shit,we had to get together and do something about it.Sadly,those groups turned into clubs and into gangsand now do nothing but kill our own people.

Most of the Chicano gangs I'm familiar with started out as clubs.

There would be dance's held in different neighborhoods. And the guys in the neighborhood would hang out together and go to the various dances together. Then they became more violent. Some became more violent just as a natural evolution. But many got violent because of harrassment from White's in Los Angeles. These clubs would help protect each other. The most widely known incidents came during the Zoot Suit Riots when White Sailors would beat up Mexicans.

Yeah,Muy grandma's brothers were all veteranos from VNE.She told me when she was a girl VNE was a club of teens who walked the kids from and to school so they wouldnt get robbedby the drunks and bums down by Estrada Courts.

I doubt that graffiti is gonna have a huge rush because some dumbass mainstream rapper showed some tags in the backround of his viedo. I'd be more worried about the cloths people are wearing, everywhere I look theres some "Ghetto" kid sportin his FUBU shirt with a whack ass tag on it. Graffiti is not going to go mainstream because nobody has the balls to go and paint. Kids at this middle school in my city have been painting longer than me and I've never seen a single thorwie by them the just fucking tag and destroy things. :mad: that pisses me off cuz it rasies the heat on real writers that take more than five seconeds on what they paint. I think the whole chicno look is cool but I can't sport it cuz all the :mexican: at my school will :beat: < will make me look like that.

~Peace and One Love~

have you noticed how most (if not all) tv commericals, magazine & newspaper ads, etc, never feature the hispanic culture...

it always goes: white, black, asian...

whats up with that?!?

and if they for some reason do show some latino's it's either Spaniards or Puerto Ricans???

no disprespect, but where are my mexican peoples at?!?!

oh, and as for the MTV thing - i totally agree - who gives a fuck....

I agree with you on the brown issue,the only ones we see are white as fuck,I was trippin on marissa tomei on the Alma awards.Shit were the #1 minority in population now,and hollywood still cant see us, unless they need someone to clean the set or cook them food.i also get annoyed by fools who onlysee the race problem as black/white.

It seeems like MTV was trying to capitalize of liberal counterculture about 7-9 years ago.Now theyre just another means for the army to recruit stupid teens out of highschool.Just annother way to propagandize the status quo.

Guest L.RonHubbard

you know what else MTV exploits that pisses me off? Dreadlocks. Why the fuck does every crappy new band have to have Dreadlocks and a long beard. That shit is just the silliest to me. Dreads are a serious issue and not some article on a costume that will make you "dope" or "slammin". Korn was the first buncha ugly white boys to blow up the spot, and now y ou got every hideous looking motherfuciker runnin around with piercings, dreads and some kinda graffiti basketball jersey. Its the new craze at the mall too im sure, salon dreads and extensions of all colors, Jnco, and tams (those rasta hats) coordinated with the chain wallet and P>O>D hoodie. Those kids are "fly like a wingless bird, its absurd".

Fuck MTV i hate that channel, they are just like all the radio stations here in spok they play out everything they have. Plus all those retarded game shows they have are just fuckin stupid, they try to make everything a trend and start all this new shit. I say fuck everyone at the MTV studio. Peace

• 2 weeks later...