Small towns.....

Gyro_One

Hey im a writer from a small town, basically the only graff this town sees is what my friend or me put up, do you think its worth it to write in a town like this or would you bomb up in a place where theres a graff scene?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i as well wrote in a small town....i don't think it really matters, unless your completely after fame, then you better go to a larger city...

i'd have to say its much easier to get caught in a small town.

depends on your preference...up to you

Guest --zeSto--

find a practice spot

(like under a bridge or some far away lot)

and then build your skill.

dont get up in high heat in a small town or you'll get caught quick.

Then hit trains.

Yeah theres no yards here really, the freights stop out in a field occasionally but my friend is always like gettin me to hit up wicked risky places and shit, hes gotten caught before and all they did was make him clean it and it looks like shit now, looks the same with shitty white stuff on it, cops are fuckin gay tho.

Yeah thats true that you wont get much fame, but you could start a revolution in your town you know, bring graff to that town, inspire kids to bomb, they see your shit and then they want to start piecing. That is something good that could come out of it, it could also attract writers from the cities when they drive thru..

me and my brother started the entire scene in our town...a kid we know got caught and he got 20 hours community service...60 days in jail...probabtion...and had to buff a ton of stuff, for first offense

pretty serious here

there was an article in the paper about the dramatic increase in graffiti in our town in the past couple years...i got a smile on my face when i read that.

I live in a small Crap hole, Thomasville, NC. We just find places around here that no one goes, practice our new styles and then move on to the bigger cities. Graffing in a small city is really sketchy, so if you don't want to get caught, stick to small train yards.

i myself am a victim of a small town, pop. 33,181 and that's the 3rd most populated town in the state so that says a lot about the area i'm in. i know there are a lot of cats out there that have it worse than me but still. if i had to guess i'd say there are about ten writers in my town. but i mean it's alright cause there are plenty of spots and you can go all city in the nieghboring towns with one tag. I do think that it's sketchy to get up cause if the cops see some kid in a hoodie and a backpack walkin downtown late at night they're gonna hassle you and shit cause nobody is out. yet also nobody really knows a thing about graff so they don't notice it and don't care that much.

It depends what you got into writing for. If you want to get good and create dope pieces all you need is you, a hole heap of self motivation, and a few chill spots where you can do your thing. If you want to have fun bombing and getting fame - save it until you've moved to a big city.

Guest 87centHitMan

I live in a college town, so during the school year it's kinda safe, there's about a 85,000 population then, I think. Summertime, when they're all gone it's like 50,000. It can get hard during the summer, damn near impossible because the cops have nothing to do so they just go around harassing the locals. There'll be like 7 or 8 cops just sitting around chillin' at the downtown park. They'll just sit and stare trying to get anyone they possibly can, then disperse and try to bust people. You really gotta lay low during the summer.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

my citys population is abuot 800,000-900,000, i have no idea...there are shit loads of writers here....streets are crushed, we have a vandal squad, paint is locked up, transit is crushed, you have to be 18 to buy markers, electric boxes get hit every 3 or 4 days by different writers....theres are tons of rooftops, trucks, there are metro tunnels that are bombable, there are lots of empty lots, homeless people, crackheads, undercover cops, good samaritans, dead animals in the street, tons and tons of writers hogging the space, racking the paint supplies, crushing the buses, jacking eachother for markers, beating up eachother in crew battles, getting arrested, and blowing spots up............so which is better?? the city or the country??

Guest -MOE LESTER-

yea cities smaller than 1 million are the shit...its easier to bomb and go all city than in a city like New York or LA, where you hafta bomb night after night after night for about a year before you get any fame....SF is almost perfect size...i love this city....even though the homeless people piss me off sometimes and theres lots of gays:mad:

Guest SymonSays25

I know all about the small town scene. I think it's tight because there are grips of kutty spots, but doing a burner in the city and watching it run can be a good feeling...

Guest JoeHatesCops

im from seattle, but these last few months ive had to live in a town thats about 500-1000 peoples, and it sucked for reals. but now im back and i dont got to trip about that

Re: xxxxx

Originally posted by sitka/xxxxx

if you need to ask this question... then you are writing for the wrong reasons!!!

no such thing as a right or a wrong reason for writing, at least thats what i say... but then again, what the fuck do i know...

Archived