Church of Scientology

iCEBERG

what do you think?

bullshit? you believe it? think they brainwash people? you one of the ones they brianwashed?

just wonderin what yall thoughts are on this in general...

http://www.xenu.net/ is a good anti-scientology site.

now i dont claim to know everything about it but i believe i know enough to not like it.

i cant figure out why the likes of tom cruise and lisa marie belong to this organization.

http://wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de/~krase...sel/CoS/cooper/

just some food for thought about how people work... everyonce an awhile i get on a higher learnin kick and do my research on offtopic shit usually including the government or major organizations

now its time for me to go hurt somethin in max payne(that game deserves its own thread too).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

i dont know enough about it to say more than it seems purty shady to me. religion in general for that matter.

please believe they brain wash. they brainwashed my dad an told him that my mom was holding him bacc. he got beat down by me then he came home. he no longer goes there. and they ask people to buy multi life time memberships? wtf is this shit?

They suck you in like a cult. And pressure you to stay in. What other religion sets up a table outside a bookstore @ the mall and gives out "Free Stress Test's"? Then after they tell you you're stressed they say they can help you. No shit who isn't stressed.? I coulda told you that with out this thingamajig.

wonk saggin

Originally posted by im not witty

i dont know enough about it to say more than it seems purty shady to me. religion in general for that matter.

you should look into it. its amazing how they actually reprogram peoples subconcious to think what they want. people have killed themselves because of this shit. they thought they were jesus christ or actually believed they had went to mars and blown up implant colonies....

its some crazy shit. noticed what i bolded

Church pays man for brainwashing

By Darrell Giles in Los Angeles

14may02

THE Church of Scientology has paid $US8.7 million ($16.1 million) to a man who claims he was brain-washed.

Lawrence Wollersheim, 53, of Nevada, joined the Los Angeles-based Church of Scientology in 1969.

He later became a recruiter and signed a "billion-year" contract to serve the church, whose high-profile members include celebrities Tom Cruise, Lisa Marie Presley and John Travolta.

But, he said, he was punished in a "thought reform gulag" and consigned to the hold of a ship docked off California for 18 hours a day.

He sued the organisation in 1980 after "counselling" almost caused him to take his own life. He claimed he paid $US150,000 to the church.

He said mind-control tactics, coupled with deprivation of sleep and food, had caused him to develop bipolar disorder and consider suicide.

"The counselling techniques are designed to either break you or make you a slave. I was on the edge of insanity," Mr Wollersheim said.

A jury in 1986 awarded him $US30 million, an amount reduced on appeal to $US2.5 million and upheld by the Supreme Court in 1994.

The court award collected 10 per cent interest over the years and eventually grew to $US8.6 million.

Scientology officials vowed they would pay "not one thin dime for Wollersheim", and members were rallied to chant the slogan at court hearings. But the Church of Scientology has now handed over a cheque for that amount to Mr Wollersheim.

Scientology, founded by author L. Ron Hubbard more than 50 years ago, has come under attack around the world for its methods of attracting members.

Major income earners such as Cruise and Travolta – who pick up $US20 million per picture – hand over vast sums of their fortunes to the church.

Originally posted by rip

please believe they brain wash. they brainwashed my dad an told him that my mom was holding him bacc. he got beat down by me then he came home. he no longer goes there. and they ask people to buy multi life time memberships? wtf is this shit?

i bet you he was still bothered by them afterwards too...

my fathers friend used to live in cali where it started and got pretty high up on the chain an used to go to ron hubbards yacht called like the sea org or something an shit. he was an "auditer" he was third in the chain in some ot4 group or something im not posative. some wild stuff. he got sucked in pretty deep but finally left after it got bought out an ran by salespersons. it took him 6 years to get back to his normal way of thinking

Originally posted by Pistol

What other religion sets up a table outside a bookstore @ the mall and gives out "Free Stress Test's"? Then after they tell you you're stressed they say they can help you. No shit who isn't stressed.? I coulda told you that with out this thingamajig.

:lol:

"The Jews, the Christians, the Atheists and Secularists, (people who believe Islam should not be brought in education & politics), the Munafiqin, the whole Kuffaar shall fall under the banner of the Anti-christ against Islam.It may also surprise you to know that all christian organisations are masonic institutions. About 60% of the Archbishops are freemasons and secretly practice Devil-worship(see above mentioned books) . "

the above was quoted from a anti freemason website called like freemasons against islam i believe

Guest Pilau Hands

An ex-girlfriend is a member. You know how some guys joke around and say their ex turned into a lesbian...well they got nothing on me. I'd like to see you make someone join a cult.

It's a bad situation. She always had problems; things I couldn't help her with in a million years with my then 16 year-old brain. We broke up and she would call me to talk about how she rode on a motorcycle with a really cute guy today, and I would entertain it...cause it was just sad. Anyway, one of these conversation included mention of Scientology. Her mom is a member, and she'd always make fun of them...ruthlessly. I mean these people had to go on a cruise that cost $5000 and wear all black...Apparently she really liked black, because she signed a billion year contract...To which I replie, "What the fuck did you just fucking say?"

Don't mess with that there...

It's bad hoodoo.

bullshit brainwashing cult.

i applied one day to have a fucking job as an accountant. but fucking they tried to convert me and showed me a fucking orientation on scientology tape that basically said that if you didnt convert into scientology, you will fail in life.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

when i was in 8th grade i went to Boston with my older brother. We were walking by this architectural center when we got handed pamphlets for a " free IQ test". Figured, hey what the hell, and went for it. We spent two hours filling out some thing that wasnt even an IQ test, and after that they split us up, i was like 13, 14 years old. they told me i had a deep seeded hatred for my father and that i had low self esteem, and somehow they had a book that could help me. so, after 20 minutes of me saying i didnt have any money, i finally gave them my last 5 bucks so i could get the hell outta there. they did, gave me the book, let us go, and to this day i still get mail from them. mother fuckers, i hope they are proud of robbing a 14 year old for is last 5 bucks. i now have a deepseeded hatred of them and all they stand for, them people are evil.

Guest Swizel

the theory alone of scientology is stupid. i say stupind in the sense that scientists belive in evolution and most other religons belive that god made everything. so you cant really meld the two togather. because if you belive in one than, really you shouldent belive in the other.

anyways all organized religons are, is a big money making entity. cause all the money and land they own in TAX FREE. And that is total bullshit , If i haft to pay taxes then so do they.

i say we make THE CHURCH OF GRAFF> then we can get everything tax free.

Archived