Jackson Pollack

suburbian bum

http://www.culturevulture.net/ArtandArch/pollacksummertime.jpg'>

http://www.nga.gov/feature/pollock/lavendermist.jpg'>

http://www.nga.gov/feature/pollock/pollockautumn1.jpg'>

http://a908.g.akamai.net/7/908/327/24h/images.allposters.com/images/NIM/M311.jpg'>

http://painting.about.com/library/graphics/pollock.jpg'>

"It is what his imitators could never do, and why there are no successful Pollock forgeries: they always end up looking like...spaghetti, whereas Pollock--in his best work--had an almost preternatural control over the total effect of those skeins and receding depths of paint. In them, the light is always right. Nor are they absolutely spontaneous; he would often retouch the drip with a brush."

Yes, some of them are ugly... Some of them I like. Im sure most of you will hate.

Whoops, sorry about that i spelled his name wrong, its Jackson Pollock.

[This message has been edited by suburbian bum (edited 08-22-2001).]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i saw his show at the NYC MOMA a year or two ago.

really amazing.. have to see them in person. i think scale is very important in them to.. their a bit much.. i dont think i could handle one in my living room..

make me feel like im going mad.

they had an interesting installation at the show.

they redid a room as if it were his studio space in this wooden shack on the beach if i remember.. and had this projection onto the ground or something with hectic intense jazz playing loudly as he did.

kind of put you into his shoes pretty well.

glad to see more variety on the bench since ive been gone.

-bobby darkstar

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by MR BOJANGLES:

MAN, call me an asshole or whatever but i HAAAATTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE that "ooooh look at the depth through the splatters i made" crap...him and basquiat ANNOY me.

You cant put Basquiat next to Pollock.

Basquiat is nothing compared to Pollock,

Basquiat was just a part of that fuckin pop star system Pollock fucked the shit up.

He was in the starsystem to but he also was an artist.

There is a videoshot of pollock painting,more like dancing,over one of his works.When i saw it i was thinking that if the way he moved was crap so would be his work its similar to the movement of the body when taggin or doin throwups,You cant have a good one unless youre feeling it.

Originally posted by MR BOJANGLES:

him and basquiat ANNOY me.

ARE YOU SMOKED OUT OF YOUR MIND ???? THEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT BASUQIAT HAS DONE FOR THE GRAFFITI MOVEMENT! NOT ONLY DID HE BONE MADONNA BACK IN THE DAY BUT HIS CHARACTERS ARE STILL IMITATED BY MANY WRITERS EVEN BY WRITERS BITING OTHER WRITERS THAT DONT EVEN KNOW WHO HE WAS. THAT FOOL WAS DOWN AS FUCK

AND THAT WAS A PERSONAL BLOW TO ME BECAUSE I WAS JUST A CHILD WHEN I WENT TO A READING OF' NOTHING TO FEAR' BY MAYA ANGELOU ILLUSTRATED BY BASQUIAT AND THAT IS THE MAIN REASON WHY I EVEN PICK UP A PENCIL TO DRAW AT ALL

------------------

FISHBONE IS RED HOT DANAAAAAAAAA DUNA DUNN DUN DUNN DUN

Guest --zeSto--

TESSERACT....

always on point in the art fourm.

It would have been incredible to watch him paint.

The artists involvement should be more than

the connection of eyes to hands.

And that photo of his studio proves his involvement.

also with the art-sceenster thing...

Warhol called himself 'the whore of the art world'.

What would Pollock have said...?

[This message has been edited by --zeSto-- (edited 08-23-2001).]

Guest MR BOJANGLES

MOOGLE, calm down bro...here, hit this blunt. all im sayin is that i think theyre overrated from doin splatters (pollock) and kindergarten style drawings(basquiat) my girl loves basquiat and shoves his work down my throat. ill hook you up with her. pollocks colors are cool but just overrated.

h.r. geiger, boris vallejo, chaz bohorquez, they get the props in my books!

Originally posted by *DESNT*:

thats art?

fuck yeah, it is.

i dont understand why everyone (well..some people) is hating Basquiat & Pollock....

those guys are two of my favorite artists of all time. i would suggest to all the haters to research them and where they were coming from and what was gonig on in the art scenes at those two time periods....maybe you'll respect them a little more.

you are obviously entitled to your opinion, but a well informed opinion holds much more weight than an uninformed one.

.......for all i know, you all have studied up on them and still dont like them and thats fine....it's just a comment in general. not directed at anyone.

Guest SymonSays25

THIS IS A GRAFFITI ART FORUM! NOT REGULR ART! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE WITH YOUR GAY ART FAG PAINTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

pure funk

I'm 18, yet I can buy beer without an ID...

Archived