UFO ..the best graffiti writer in the known universe

ILYSH

Originally posted by Porcheezee

this kid isn't very good and needs to change his name as there is already a ufo in icp that writes and dj's originally from sf and currently residing in new york that could be considered an old-school king. he was bombing little ufo characters before this guy was born.

KIDS LIKE YOU SUCK

guess what no one and i mean no one cares about some one from frisco if youre in new york,two different worlds,if ufo from san fran is a king that happens to live in new york,youre thinking wrong if you think hes commanding respect over here,98% of graffiti is hippy hoppy,ufo is sooooooouuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is this the same ufo that does those huge roadside fills and what not

cause i remember having a mag a long time ago that was full of all these huge filled tosses that were by ufo

either or you guys should post some of the ones i am talking about

because they are dope as grandmas

Originally posted by Grant_Wood

Word on the Q-boro streets is that UFO is a messenger boy in Manhattan that has anal sex with Earsnot

on the side note, I saw a UFO alien burned onto the ceiling with a lighter in a manhattan booking cell... it was aight

ufo is the most up in manhattan central booking...him and asma had some shit.

UFO has no skill face it

just because hes been going hard for ages or whatever, and you got precious memories of seeing UFo's from walking to school when you were a kid doenst make him good. just cos you 'feel' his work or whatever doesnt make this writer any better then a little kid who hits up the same funny shit

beam me up

you would think that someone bombing the same thing so much he'd get some kind of can control or symetry or something.....he gets up though gotta give respect there....i am all bout style though, fuck the drips, if the style is there...im just not feelin the style oh well

time for bed

i dont know much about the NEW YORK ufo, but the frisco ufo recks shop! anyone who goes over the san fernando off ramp sign in the middle of the fucking day,and has time to throw in a filled in character, is a fucking VANDAL, fuck fancy art shit. check out the the Malisicous Mischeif Video if you havent yet.

Originally posted by SRGUN GNRAL

is this the same ufo that does those huge roadside fills and what not

cause i remember having a mag a long time ago that was full of all these huge filled tosses that were by ufo

either or you guys should post some of the ones i am talking about

because they are dope as grandmas

all the other guy does is black and white huge fills

that simply say UFO in normal letters

post some pictures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

nationally broadcasted commercial

UFO has been seen in a Sex in the City TV advert, currently running

i think it might be an ad for sundays premiere

it starts with footage of Sarah Jessica Parker

youll know youre seeing the right one when you see her holding a handful of red balloons

then they commence showing other main characters one by one

when they show the brunette for the very first time

look behind her

UFO!

its quick, so pay attention,

but you cant mistake those EYES....

.:enjoy:.

Originally posted by kingofhearts

maybe his technical mastery is painting raw......fuck what you think you probally paint all clean and shit......but true style wins over all......this isnt art school this is graffiti.....

i think you have no idea what art school is about. You hate what you know nothing about. propbably your man said something negative and you just road the bandwagon without giving it a second thought.

If anything the "clean look" comes from NON art school types and the less then tipical style, like ufos comes from art schoolers trying to be artistic risk takers.

Clean is safe. messy or non cleaned up styles give tend to make folks nervous cause they cant pin point where is came from.

to sum up UFO= good fun

you= person who doesnt really think about what they are typing, even though is seems you side with ufo, your point is for shit. GOOD DAY SIR.

i said "GOOD DAY!"

how anyone can talk about this person in terms of artistic achievments is crazy. i started this thread to see more pictures from my favorite new york city graffiti writer. it's not letters and this person obviously does not spend alot of time trying to draw thier nickname 'real cool' (which is basically what graffiti is.) ufo is good fun for writers and non-writers and i get happy everytime i see one up. (and that's pretty often) ........i hate that citysex tv show, but it's nice to think that people will be seeing these all over ny long after any of us are dead.

this person made it into ny history pretty fast and i hope this thread helped get him or her some overseas exposure

I'D MUCH RATHER SEE A UFO CHARACTER THAN ANOTHER WILDSTYLE LEGAL WALL. OR EVEN ANOTHER COPYCAT HANDSTYLE/THROW ECT.

REAL GRAFFITY = BOMBIN TO HAVE FUN.

THERES TOO MUCH OF THE SAME OLD SAME OLD AND THIS GUYS SHIT IS CATCHY AS FUCK. IT STANDS OUT, AND ITS FUNNY AS SHIT.:D :D :D :D LIFE IS FUNNER WHEN YOU STOP TAKIN SHIT TOO SERIOUS.

Originally posted by DISCO BRYSO

...ask an average joe from new york what graffiti he notices and he'll tell you its those fucking ufo's.

truer words have never been spoken! (nor typed). I've been getting a kick lately out of talking to strangers about graffiti, and that is exactly what they notice. the weird, goofball shit that graffiti writers hate because it isn't ballsy enough, or it isn't a fill-in with 2-7 letters. the stuff that stays with people are the UFO's and the flowers on the ground, or the bad-ass pigs, the monster project. doesn't that seem to be the new trend? instead of writing a word or your name, you derive an icon. something that is simple and easy to replicate over and over, like a tag, yet is still an image that will stick in your mind. when I see tags, I say "yay, tags" and forget what they looked like by the next day. but pictures, images, caricatures, those things are easily remembered.

maybe this is where graff is headed, away from letters and towards icons or logos. who knows, but as it stands I think it's graffiti just the same. I'm interested in starting a list of these icons. please list any that I haven't mentioned.

thats a corperate strategy for advertisement. Think about it, what do you see when you think of meril-lynch, mcdonalds, or nbc. Down with mascots

• 1 month later...

I guess hes doing his own thing but out here is frisco there are people who are also really up but are more artistic with their characters and have the skills to piece. For example the tree guy AKA plant trees. Hes up everywhere and when it comes down to it he has savage pieces. Im sure this guy has heart but wheres the quality in it?

hey listen up. i would just like everyone to know... good graffiti is now, and always will be, EXACTLY what i say it is... and this is good graffiti. :freak: anyone want to argue with me? cmon, what else are you gonna do? sit down silently at your computer!?

BUMP for being interesting enough to make this a 7 page thread out of 12 flicks :spin:

It has to take some kind of talent to do that character like it was the first time every time. I mean the easiest thing in the world would be to just do it exactly the same way all the time.

From what I read here he has done these thingamajigs quite a lot, and would probably have been able to practice a single stereotype image. Instead he comes off like a beginner every time, and it is always fresh.

Sometimes style isn´t all about technique and cleanliness...

Archived