Legalize

Original

Well I'm really not sure if this topic has been covered before. I know for sure that a part of it has so I'll try and expand off of that. I know in the back of my head that this would never happen, but for the sake of conversation just go with it. There is alot of talk about graffiti being legal and accepted by the general public. But have you ever stopped to think about the changes that would arise in the graffiti community if this ever did occur? Post some drawbacks or advantages to the legalization and acceptance of graffiti.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if leagalized think of all of the little kids running around with spray paint writing gay stuff every where. then again probaly graffiti wouldn't b cool becauseitws leagal. i dunno go figure just my 0.02

legalizing graffiti would be one of the worst things to happen. i'm not into graff for the crime part of it. i like takin my time in chill spot to do a nice piece. but i also do an equal amount of runnin around the city bombin and shit runnin and hidin. i think there would be a lot more pieces and shit that you could tell took time. so legalizing graff would definately be a bad thing.

Guest 87centHitMan

It wouldn't even be the same thing if any idiot with a can could go fuck shit up anytime of the day. There shouldn't even be an argument here. Graffiti as we know it would cease to exist.

imagine how supah dope it would be running cruzzing down the interstate and seeing some shit on an overhang like "FUCK YOU" or "PUSSY" ... and knowing that shit wouldn't be buffed

now i agree that certain larger cities should designate "legal graffiti area's" as it where .. but even if you look at things in that light , it would never work ... the city would get pissed because kiddz would still be rocking handstyles @ bus stops , still be killing rooftops .. and then eventually take away that "legal area" and come down with even stricter laws surrounding graf , simply because the "artists" couldn't appreciate what the city had gave them ... or at least thats how they would see it

Guest whoami

If writing was legal it would flatline,I hope its never legal, but the charges being weaker would be nice..

NO

Half the part of doing graffiti for me is the illegal part. Sneaking out at night as a kid walking to your boys pad mobbing all the way and doing battles on the weekend. If graff was legal all these wack ass sketchbook junkies would be filling our streets with gay tags and even worse throws/pieces. There has to be something to keep a majority of the wackness filtered out.

the thing i think would be a prodcutive result, is if the citys and countys hired graffiti artists and paid them to do urban illustration along transit lines and freeways instead of all the dreary boring shit on their currently. Huge murals stretching miles where artists were paid aroudn 50grand a year would be cool, of course complete legalization is retarded. graffiti would still be illegal, but pay the people with skill that are doing qaulity murals and get them to do incredible work and pay em proper.

Guest Wilt
Originally posted by hated

if it was suddenly legal, it would cease to be graffiti

amen.it wouldn't be adventerous at all....perhaps the true writers would move on to bombing police cars and government buildings..because we all know that they wouldn't want that.

Archived