Chaka!!!!

Guest kemoe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man listen,

CHAKA=dope, and my man was a true addict. The only one in todays times to compare him to would be GKAE.. He crushed shit from Seattle to new mex, and when i say crushed shit he mobbed all the cities on the western seaboard harder than many of the locals who had lived in these cities they whole lives.

The youngsters on here really dont understand that he was one of the first to actually do that...

I am from the mid east, ohio to be exact and he was a legend out here, if that says anything...

Bump for chaka, slick, hex, LOD, CBS, MTA and all of the pioneers from out left..more flicks, these youngsters need to know they history....

Guest cabin fever

What a bummer that a dude like Chaka only gets like one flick and a bunch of flicks not even by him, when other in-it-for-a-minute no name artfags get like 400 replies when they don't even deserve a thread.

The state of the internet I guess.

I'm from fucking eastern Canada and I've known about this guy since I started writing. Whoever said if you are a writer and you don't know about Chaka you better be 12 years old is fucking right.

Bump for a king, some of these old school LA cats HAVE to have some Chaka flicks...cmon!

:king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

Guest sneak
Originally posted by dogface@May 19 2002, 10:21 PM

i've met dumfuck hicks in humboldt that don't know shit, but had heard of CHAKA. kid made the news throughout the state. anyone talking shit, i officially declare you an idiot.

nah, theres a difference between talking shit and calling that hollow (on the 1st page) for what it is.

its a simple, no 3d, letters not even touching or finishing, outline.

i dont know shit about chaka, but even i remember reading the elevator story.

all you people who were not writing ten or more years need to remember that graffiti was much different when chaka was writing before you start with this bullshit. no one was doing billboards. rooftops were not a big deal. freights were something that 95% of writers didn't care about. graffiti was street level. bombing meant doing as many tags and out lines on the streets as you could. you werent a king untill you had tags on every block in the city. this is much more risky than the way people bomb today. it easy for "kids"

(ie grown men in their twenties) from the suburbs to drive into the city, park the car, hop a fence and climb on a dark roof. try walking 3 miles catching tags on every building instead and see how long you go before you get caught.

i still am not comfortable with the way graffiti has changed. it pains me to graffiti on the roofop of a building with not even buff marks down by the sidewalk.

let me also add that i doubt there are all that many pictures that exist of chaka's work because not many people back then were talking pictures of graffiti other than burners.

Originally posted by worldoflies@Mar 29 2005, 10:45 AM

all you people who were not writing ten or more years need to remember that graffiti was much different when chaka was writing before you start with this bullshit. no one was doing billboards. rooftops were not a big deal. freights were something that 95% of writers didn't care about. graffiti was street level. bombing meant doing as many tags and out lines on the streets as you could. you werent a king untill you had tags on every block in the city. this is much more risky than the way people bomb today. it easy for "kids"

(ie grown men in their twenties) from the suburbs to drive into the city, park the car, hop a fence and climb on a dark roof. try walking 3 miles catching tags on every building instead and see how long you go before you get caught.

i still am not comfortable with the way graffiti has changed. it pains me to graffiti on the roofop of a building with not even buff marks down by the sidewalk.

let me also add that i doubt there are all that many pictures that exist of chaka's work because not many people back then were talking pictures of graffiti other than burners.

Actually Oiler IFK, was doing crazy billboards, heavens, and landmark shots in that ERA............

This cat reminds me of Zeus Dfa in Vancouver. Crushed the shit out of the entire greater Vancouver metropolitan area, street level, easily all city. Very little left in the way of photo history I can see though. I wish I would have taken pictures.

Guest -40 trooper
Originally posted by cabin fever@Mar 22 2005, 03:19 AM

What a bummer that a dude like Chaka only gets like one flick and a bunch of flicks not even by him, when other in-it-for-a-minute no name artfags get like 400 replies when they don't even deserve a thread.

The state of the internet I guess.

I'm from fucking eastern Canada and I've known about this guy since I started writing. Whoever said if you are a writer and you don't know about Chaka you better be 12 years old is fucking right.

Bump for a king, some of these old school LA cats HAVE to have some Chaka flicks...cmon!

:king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

i think it's kinda dope that there's no flicks but yet 2 pages of people givin chaka props (exept for a few kids that dont know what time it is)

it's kinda of statement of his infamy...this internet shit is mad gay sometimes like when you see people making threads about themselves or some toy who's been writing for 2 years and it goes on for like 27 pages..at least maybe this will school some new jacks on a king of bombing

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Fuxus@May 22 2002, 01:40 AM

Yeah, in Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video there is a Chaka tag on the bass drum. In fact I think when I saw it on Pop Up video on MTV they had a fact about Chaka and how much damage he did. One of those random little things.

If you don't know about Chaka and you are into graffit then you better be about 12 years old.

Chaka is the Zulu God of Sound. I think maybe thats one reason it was on the bass drum.. No dis to chaka of course, Im just not sure thats what they meant.

As I said one sorta stolen flick ... I was at a slide show at CREWEST gallery and they had it out back ... it was projected onto the building.

digi025.jpg

I was taking photos of projected phots ...not easy as I had no tripod and managed to get a few shots to come out OK.

this is one of them.

digi036.jpg

edit** bad english ...

Chaka is a legend........

give respect where respect is due......

and we all owe Chaka....

..............for those of you who don't know your shit well enough to respect Chaka................Do your homework.......

this guy is the man....

Glad to see a thread for him.......

He's deffinatly underated these days.........

Toys don't know.....

:king: :king: :king: Chaka is king :king: :king:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I can't stand muthafuckers who are quick to let their ignorance get in the way of everything they have to say about the old school.

I've even caught some of my own friends talking shit like they don't respect some because they aren't up right now.. or what they do is Simple... blah blah blah... and just not knowing what these legends did for us even if we or they don't know it.

That my friends is a good definition of a toy.

And theres allot of them in here.

so here. "FUCK YOUR MAMA!"

Archived