if you know anything about cars i need help...

LadyKrink

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fr8oholic

the crx with the b20 hybrid is on my list of to do's

know some guy with that done in his EG hatchback. Runs 12s all motor. Actually i should say, "I know of some guy". He works at this race shop near my place of residence. CRVTEC aint shit to fuck with in the hybrid scene when properly tuned. Even i fear them!

What the fuck is up with people with shitty cars trying to make them fast. Absolutely no respect to those early to mid 90's ricers. Shit like that makes me vomit. Get a real car like a Supra TT, an S4, or something like that. Good grief.

I guess I just don't get it. Seeing a little '89 crx go fast doesn't amaze me or make me say, "wow that's cool". Seeing something like a 1969 Camaro SS or a 442 or something classic burning rubber makes me shit my pants. I just follow the thinking, "if you have a shitty car, and make it fast, it's still shitty.". I guess I'm a hypocrite for looking for a crx to put a b18a into at one point...

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

:cool:

That's what I'm talking about Ferris. What is that, a Lexus with a Supra engine? Even if it's not as fast as a Turbo'd MR2 or swapped CRX, that shit is on a whole different level. That's so bad ass. Oh by the way. Have we met, Ferris?

Damn ferris, I'm diggin on the location of that remote oil cooler. Thats a great spot.

and yes Fugazi, you would be a hypocrite for saying that. But at the same time i can see where you coming from on the old skool rides being hooked up. It is a neat thing to see because in my area anyways, i hardly ever see it. My area is full of people with indiglo everything, ordering everything they can out of Stupid Street, talking about swaps that will never come true, and no knowledge to back them up. Thats why i gave up my honda steez and went to the dark side. I chose a car that only mexicans drive in my area. Therefore it gains alot of sleeper status when i'm out smoking practically anything with a Ford label on it.

And about that B18a thing. Be carefull when doing that swap. If not performed properly, the bottom of the tranny will scrape, and bottom out. I've seen dissapointed customers like that. Anywho... i'll be on with my business, staring at this beautiful SC400??? keep posting bad ass rides ferris!

Originally posted by OPIUM3

Damn ferris, I'm diggin on the location of that remote oil cooler. Thats a great spot.

and yes Fugazi, you would be a hypocrite for saying that. But at the same time i can see where you coming from on the old skool rides being hooked up. It is a neat thing to see because in my area anyways, i hardly ever see it.

And about that B18a thing. Be carefull when doing that swap. If not performed properly, the bottom of the tranny will scrape, and bottom out. I've seen dissapointed customers like that. Anywho... i'll be on with my business, staring at this beautiful SC400??? keep posting bad ass rides ferris!

I saw a '69 Camaro SS tonight. Orange with white stripes on the hood. One of the most beautiful classic cars ever. Yeah, I've got a Honda right now, and I'm fine with it. I got an intake. Whoopty do. I had $3k to dump in it and I came to my senses. I'll need that money someday, more then that extra second off my quarter mile time. I'm planning on getting a new car in a few years anyways. And I'm not looking to swap a CRX anymore, that was just a pipe dream at one time.

Guest SPLINTER

so what do you guys think i should drop into a 70 Chevelle. i dont have much money and i dont wanna make it a strict drag either. i want something thats give it the muscle car sound yet not suck all my money thruogh the throttle. im thinking 396 or 427. its got a 89 iroc z camaro 350(5.7) but the guy who owened it before my dad took the fuel injectors out and replaced them with a carb system. im thinking of changing the 2bbl Holley for a 4bbl soon as my first move on the 350.

89 camaro 350

hooker headers

2bbl holley

flowmaster

need some input guys.

Guest SPLINTER

so fr8o you think i should keep the 350 or upgrade to the 396. is a 350 good enough to run it down the strip at lets say 12s or 13s?? and still be a wise street driver??

Originally posted by Fugazi

That's what I'm talking about Ferris. What is that, a Lexus with a Supra engine? Even if it's not as fast as a Turbo'd MR2 or swapped CRX, that shit is on a whole different level. That's so bad ass. Oh by the way. Have we met, Ferris?

yea it's a 97 SC300 with a Supra 2JZ-GTE being dropped in it...it's a GT-76 tubo on that sucker, so it's definitely going to put down some mean power. Talk about big dawg. The owner of the car in the picture also owns another SC300 with a twin-turbo 2JZ-GTE that put down 700+ horsepower down on the dyno with nitrous...

some of ya'll might be familiar with the TT SC300 whomping down on two RX7s and a Venom 500.

http://www.walserrz.com/images/walsersupra1.jpg'>

the infamous Walser Supra (also known as the Hayabusa killer)...HKS Twin Turbo kit..

a dyno sheet....1.95 bar of boost (rougly 25 psi)

http://www.walserrz.com/images/b4intake.jpg'>

and another, this time with 2 bar of boost (28 psi) and a 90 hp shot of nitrous :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.walserrz.com/images/2bar90NOS.jpg'>

once again, :cool:

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

yea it's a 97 SC300 with a Supra 2JZ-GTE being dropped in it

Damn.. i guessed wrong. I guessed SC400. Guess i'm not as cool as i thought.. j/k I still am (not cool)

Are there any in car videos of that supra or SC300? I would love to hear the turbos on those beasts.

Originally posted by SPLINTER

so what do you guys think i should drop into a 70 Chevelle. i dont have much money and i dont wanna make it a strict drag either. i want something thats give it the muscle car sound yet not suck all my money thruogh the throttle. im thinking 396 or 427. its got a 89 iroc z camaro 350(5.7) but the guy who owened it before my dad took the fuel injectors out and replaced them with a carb system. im thinking of changing the 2bbl Holley for a 4bbl soon as my first move on the 350.

89 camaro 350

hooker headers

2bbl holley

flowmaster

need some input guys.

small blocc 383 chevy. it makes like mid to high 300 hp an the tourpue is in the mid 400 range i think but im not sure.

Originally posted by Fugazi

What the fuck is up with people with shitty cars trying to make them fast. Absolutely no respect to those early to mid 90's ricers. Shit like that makes me vomit. Get a real car like a Supra TT, an S4, or something like that. Good grief.

the point of me and my hommies is not to make the car look all pretty for a mag. we swap engines for speed. to burn the shit out of russtangs in the hoomies lil 2000- pound cars. i also love 1968 ss camaros. hommie has 1 will mid 500+ hp. and another hommie has a close too 570 hp 1967 mustang fastbacc.

Originally posted by SPLINTER

so fr8o you think i should keep the 350 or upgrade to the 396. is a 350 good enough to run it down the strip at lets say 12s or 13s?? and still be a wise street driver??

i don't know the exact specs of the 1970 chevelle but weight is going to be an issue if you run the smallblock 350. i'd recommend the big block 396 if you're starting from scratch. in the end you're going to have more tuning options to get more power from the big block. the smallblock will certainly be capable of putting out big power if that's what you're looking. it just might not be the kind of driveable power that you're looking for in a daily or even semi-daily driver.

i found another site with cool shits on it..

http://www.3rotor.com/ - confusing at first, but there is a phat "Speed Kings" video section.

http://www.t04r.com/ - official website for folks who own 600+ horsepower MKIV Supras...under members look at Bryce Danna's, S.W.'s, Darren Strunk's, and Clint Pohler's for video clips...it's a pretty damn fast host BTW..

im sure you know of Racing Freaks and Exvitermini..

Archived