if you know anything about cars i need help...

LadyKrink

Got my FTP up and going again...

check it.

http://www.conopium.com/misc/timeslip1.jpg'> http://www.conopium.com/misc/timeslip3.jpg'>

http://www.conopium.com/misc/timeslip2.jpg'>

.... and i could care less about reaction times as you could probably tell. I concentrate on leaving the line clean rather than my r/t. I don't do bracket racing, so it doesn't matter what my r/t is.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

rip is a tard. sorry man.

a gsx on 16 psi cant run that fast because it's laggin the whole time...heh. maybe.

it's an sr20det, even i can point out the BOV on the intake...it's right before the throttle body. trust me. and you CANT FUCKING SEE THE WASTEGATE BECAUSE 1) THE TURBO IS BEHIND THE HEATSHIELD and 2) IT'S AN INTERNAL WASTEGATE SO IT'S NOT LIKE "BLAOW IM A HUGE ASS EXTERNAL WASTEGATE"

and the type of clutch that he needs doesnt necessarily depend on the type of turbo he has. It's basically on the power he's making. I'd estimate with about 10-12 psi he'd be making probably 260+ hp. you'd need a stage 3 hard core clutch if you were a big dog supra making 700+ horsepower.

shutup.

yes i know it depends on how much hp. he has 300+ and his clutch wont catch. and no his car does not lag the whole time. and no u do not need 700 to use a stage 3 clutch for an eclipse.

Originally posted by OPIUM3

yeah, its funny because i've met your 20psi turbo friends at the track. Remember, traction is everything. Met a kid in a gst running 14.7 on street tires with 19psi. He was shocked when i told him i was only running 7psi with a boost leak in my piping, and ended up asking me for launching tips. Just for you, i'm going to scan some of my time slips. They are not the 13 second ONE, because i only broke it once, and will again now that my ride is fixed, but they are low low 14 seconds. I ain't know bullshitter. The mods on my ride are different than when i hit those times. Now, i have no cat, with 3" piping straight through, Clutch masters Stage 1 clutch replacing a shitty ass ACT 6 puck clutch that was too harsh for everyday driving and blew the gears on my jdm tranny, HKS Super sequential BOV, Jim Wolfe Technology upgraded ECU, K&N air filter (whoop dee doo). And also the best upgraded anyone could have, is power to weight ratio. The swap is in one of the lightest sentras you could buy in 1991-94. Thats why the crap ass eclipses are slow. THEY ARE HEAVY!

the 1st gen gsx is not heavy nor slow.

Re: Re: Re: real advice....

Is this where you got your "car knowledge" from???

http://www.ewca.ru/images/movie/image/17.jpg'>

no its caled experence driving the car. we cant even get his car to jump good off the line ne more. the first gear wont catch for shit. so we got a stage 3 from pan auto and now we get launches with the gsx like nothing.

Originally posted by fr8oholic

someone got caught out there again!!

booffhh!!

i'm curiuos what kind of car you're pushin rip? what's that a schwinn? huffy maybe??

1963 im pala with a 454 bored out 60, with a dominator 1050. presently i am getting the engine bored out to the 60 i said above, along with a paint job and interior redone. so when i get out of boot camp and finish paying them il have my car in san antonio waiting for me. like i said muscle kills imorts. but i also frum 108 gas on it so i have a little bit of an unfare advantage.

Originally posted by rip

the 1st gen gsx is not heavy nor slow.

very true. Please forgive my ignorance. When someone says anything to do with the word "eclipse" i automatically assume a different generation of them because thats what everyone drives. Anyways, since you are down with the 1g eclipses, you should know more about turbos then, and not call me out as a liar saying i don't have one. Did you see the blow off valve finally, and the turbo under the heat shield? Then did you see my time slips on leaky 7psi of boost?

very true. Please forgive my ignorance. When someone says anything to do with the word "eclipse" i automatically assume a different generation of them because thats what everyone drives. Anyways, since you are down with the 1g eclipses, you should know more about turbos then, and not call me out as a liar saying i don't have one. Did you see the blow off valve finally, and the turbo under the heat shield? Then did you see my time slips on leaky 7psi of boost?

yes i did se the bov on the blacc engine, and yes i did see the time slips i didnt noe untill then that u had a early sentra i thought u had a new 1 which are peices of shit. and yes all the eclipses 2nd and 3rd gen are pieces of shit runnin on dodge neoon engines, they should be higly ashamed. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Guest Canadiano

biggups to Opium for the speedy Sentra. Fuck, I hope to know about Nissans 'nuff soon, as I'm hoping I get an apprenticeship at a Nissan dealer or something. That would be sweet, but, of course, my luck probably won't hook it up.

Don't have a ride now, but I will drive a 300ZXtt. My favourite car, of sorts.

wow, so rip's not an uneducated dickhead like he seemed right from the door. seems he's just dying to get noticed on a board with 6000+ members and acting live gets more attention. you could've just introduced yourself man, might've worked a lot faster for you...

back to cars.

here's some german engineering with a little push via dahlback racing.

http://www.audituning.com/audi/rs4/interc.jpg'>

I'm feelin that. Audi's are one of the nicer cars. And with 571hp and 521 lb ft of torque, it definently would get my vote for a must have supercar.

I wonder what kind of tires those are. Ive seen them somewhere before, but can't quite put a name on it. Reminds me of the ever popular yokohama A032Rs...

i think the tires are yokahoma and they look almost exactly like the 1nzx yer talkin about, but there a new model called primas i believe. and i was just trying to get more posts, best way it start an argument =)

my new job is now to find muscle car engines and post them.

since this thread turned into more of sharing of cool cars... wondering if any of you have any good sites to find videos on. hers my list of good stuff:

http://www.exvitermini.com/mvarious.htm <--- nissan toyota vids

http://www.christurner.net/supra/ <--- lots of supra vids

http://www.3rotor.com/video/jc_movie.mpg <--- 3 rotor cosmo video

still looking for a couple more that i have somewhere.. just got to find 'em

Originally posted by rip

i think the tires are yokahoma and they look almost exactly like the 1nzx yer talkin about, but there a new model called primas i believe. and i was just trying to get more posts, best way it start an argument =)

my new job is now to find muscle car engines and post them.

yeah, post 'em up. I'm a fan of muscle cars. I know i won't ever own one though, just because of expenses on them. a nice V8 is a great sound. The only thing better to me is Twin Turbos pushing heavy boost. Now if i could ever ride in a TT V8 or V10, I would be in heaven.

i liked them very much. The last link doesn't work though. And yes i am anti-rustang as well. I beat almost anything with a ford label on it on the streets. I laugh when i see the whites of their eyes. Rustangs suck...

One night at the track the night i scored my one and only 13.8 there was a saleen, a Roush, and blown cobra hitting low 14's. I just laughed. All that displacement wasted on horrible drivers.

^^^^^^^^^^^ doesnt it hurt u deep down inside to see peopple wasting money like that? i see rustangs that are very fast its just the person who owns them cant drive for their fuccing life. worst ass beating ive seen was a 2000 sumthin(new body stlye) rustang that was fully blown get his ass killed by a 1sr gen talon tsi(for those who dont know. it looks just like a 1st gen eclispse). they races 5 times talon kept beating him worse an worse i think the guys wife devorcid him and he sold his car after that cuz he lost so bad.

and fuccc every1 who says my grammer sux and my spelling is worng. cuz i dont give a shit im tired.

Originally posted by Gnes 37

sw20-V-3SGTE.jpg

3S-GTE 245PS@6000rpm, 31Kgm@4000rpm

i one day plan on getting a 2nd geration mr2 and putting that baby above in it

3S-GTE IS the engine that comes in the MK2 MR2 Turbo's...

the 3S-GTE swaps are ridiculously difficult from what i've read..

it's a very tunable engine like its big brother's 2JZ-GTE from the MKIV Supra Turbos

my favorite swaps. first: small bloccc chevy dropped into a datsun 280z 1970-1974. its like the engine bay was made for this type of engine fits perfect. also any car 74 or before doesnt have to pass smog. second: 420b engine from japan dropped into a datsun 510. this engine fits relitivly esally and it has 3 rotars and 2 turbos. very fast =). next up is the 20b engine from a honda crv and match it with a b16 head. makes for a very very very very fast car when its put in a 1989 crx hf. =).

Archived