if you know anything about cars i need help...

LadyKrink

I still have to slam my gold plated OVLOV...

um if you want to stop that chattering and bouncy crap, you should never have done that shit to your car in the first place, leave it be and be happy you have one.....

Fucking asshole

Who do you think you are?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fr8oholic

way to keep this legit with the fuck you's...

coilovers are fucking dope. swaybars are next and then it's probably going to be some serious engine tuning. in a year i'll have a 4 cylinder that will shit on most 8 cylinders...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm probably not bro. there is no way that will happen, imports are fast when they race imports or other non muscle cars. leave it at that. u will never beable to keep up with muscle.

i really don't think you have much basis to make that call slugger. i didn't mention what type of car i drive nor did i mention the mid 50's chevrolet in my driveway that pulls 12's all day. by the time i'm done with my little 4 cylinder i'll be rocking just as hard...

Originally posted by rip

ahahahahahahahahaha u must be joking.

are you the same lil prick that couldnt point out the turbo on my friend's nissan sentra with the stock sr20det. and said he was a joke. lay off the stupid street kid cuz i rode in that car and that car runs in the 13's with a all stock japanese motor so imagaine the possiblities with a upgraded turbo/etc.

sr20det's are dope.

turbo aint shit to fuck wit that's for sure...

it's pretty capable as it is, running 13's stock ( :eek: ), with that boost controller he can bring up the boost maybe to 10 psi or so (to be on safe side) and maybe he can knock out some high 12's...

rip is a dork.

Guest socrates

I have a 01 rousch racing stage3.5 Mustang and it pretty low and i don't have any problem with my shit bein shaky...ohh wait my car is good, nevermind.....seriously go to the shop and say you did this wrong, threanten to sue, and maybe flirt a little you are a girl. if it rides like shit still bars might help a little.

real advice....

Originally posted by kristy

...i got arospeed coil over and my shit is fuckin horrible.

there is your problem right there. Arospeed is shit. Try to sell them on egay or something and get some eibach springs or some ground control coilovers. I'm in the same boat as you with shitty springs. The kid i bought my car off of, cut corners and took the cheapest price. I have crap ass OBX coilovers. I'm getting ground controls as soon as some kid pays me money in a week or two. I'm gonna be checking out different spring rates to figure out what would work best for the area i live in, and type of driving i do. You may want to do the same before you buy other springs if your going to. Research is key. And after you do that, then try to find the best deals on what you want.

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

it's pretty capable as it is, running 13's stock ( ), with that boost controller he can bring up the boost maybe to 10 psi or so (to be on safe side) and maybe he can knock out some high 12's...

Yeah, thats coming later on in the summertime. I need to buy an adjustable fuel pressure regulator first, and an a/f gauge. Then i'll be running 10 or 12, but no higher than 12 on my T25. If i was rich i would have T3/T4 like everyone else... but since that isn't happening anytime soon, gotta roll with what i got. The other problem with my ride is axles. I've gone through 2 within a matter of month and a half. I need to upgrade to heavy duty axles if i'm gonna run 12s. Especially on slicks. I run all my times on crap ass $30/ each 175/70-13's at 20psi.

if you're gonna slam ANYTHING, airbags or hydro are the way to go

slamming your car with springs is so ricey-ish

exactly what i said before i blooped my 1st post

got to remember there is a difference between "slamming" your ride, and lowering it for performance purposes. I'll take performance over dragging my oil pan across the street anyday. To me that shit gets old real fast.

Originally posted by Gnes 37

are you the same lil prick that couldnt point out the turbo on my friend's nissan sentra with the stock sr20det. and said he was a joke. lay off the stupid street kid cuz i rode in that car and that car runs in the 13's with a all stock japanese motor so imagaine the possiblities with a upgraded turbo/etc.

ummmmmmmmmmmm bro please believe your friend got ripped because first of all there was no waste gate on the enginge. 2nd its a srdet 20. and i doubt it had a turdo neways so it would be a srde20. and second with that engine alone it will not run 13 sec 1/4 mile passes on radials. please believe i love imports but not when they race muscle cars.

sr20det's are dope.

turbo aint shit to fuck wit that's for sure...

it's pretty capable as it is, running 13's stock ( :eek: ), with that boost controller he can bring up the boost maybe to 10 psi or so (to be on safe side) and maybe he can knock out some high 12's...

rip is a dork.

i cant believe u think that engine and stocc turobo will pull threw all gears to run a 12 with boosted psi. an all whel drive gsx boosting 16 on a 20 pound turbo wont run that. and your saying that that will. ahahahahahahahahahahah.

Re: real advice....

Originally posted by OPIUM3

Yeah, thats coming later on in the summertime. I need to buy an adjustable fuel pressure regulator first, and an a/f gauge. Then i'll be running 10 or 12, but no higher than 12 on my T25. If i was rich i would have T3/T4 like everyone else... but since that isn't happening anytime soon, gotta roll with what i got. The other problem with my ride is axles. I've gone through 2 within a matter of month and a half. I need to upgrade to heavy duty axles if i'm gonna run 12s. Especially on slicks. I run all my times on crap ass $30/ each 175/70-13's at 20psi.

with a ts/t4 turbo u will need a racing clutcvh probably stage 3 other wise you wont catch your gear for a lo9ng time.

rip is a tard. sorry man.

a gsx on 16 psi cant run that fast because it's laggin the whole time...heh. maybe.

it's an sr20det, even i can point out the BOV on the intake...it's right before the throttle body. trust me. and you CANT FUCKING SEE THE WASTEGATE BECAUSE 1) THE TURBO IS BEHIND THE HEATSHIELD and 2) IT'S AN INTERNAL WASTEGATE SO IT'S NOT LIKE "BLAOW IM A HUGE ASS EXTERNAL WASTEGATE"

and the type of clutch that he needs doesnt necessarily depend on the type of turbo he has. It's basically on the power he's making. I'd estimate with about 10-12 psi he'd be making probably 260+ hp. you'd need a stage 3 hard core clutch if you were a big dog supra making 700+ horsepower.

shutup.

For the sake of conversation, I'll quote myself from another thread because you obviously need to read it and be educated rip... read carefully about the wastegates and things..

Originally posted by OPIUM3

nope, not full of shit. Ask anyone that knows anything about nissans, and they'll tell you what this is. SR20DET. It is basically stock. The blow off valve is hard to spot unless you know what a stock Bov looks like.To find it simply find the distributor cap. Then follow the most visible wire coming off of it, and look to the top right of it. It looks like the top of a spraycan without the hole.In this picture it looks like it is sandwiched between the distributor, and the black intake piping. The turbo is not hidden. There are many ways the turbo can be positioned on a FF car. The stock manifold on this one makes the turbo closer to the ground. So therefore it is not pictured due to the angle of the pic. It is also the stock T25 that comes with this motor. Its okay until @ 14psi. I'm only running 7. But its still good for high 13 low 14 second time slips. I'll post some pics of the new BOV when i get it developed. Its hot to delf. If i had cash i would put up some movies of it running at the track. The new BOV would make any hardened criminal weep because it sounds so sweet.

http://srswap.com/pics/122201/BB_blacktop1.jpg'>

In this picture (although a RWD motor) you can see the blow off valve alot better. Its that brass thing that looks like the top of a spray can with no hole at the middle far right of the picture. Also in this picture in the bottom left you can see the intake side of the turbo or the compressor. This is how it is on my ride too. Its hidden underneath a heat shield so it won't melt the blades on my radiator fans. Its hidden for a reason. That thing coming off of the turbo that is also brass with a nipple coming off of it is the internal wastegate. Your probably used to seeing huge aftermarket ones so i just thought i'd share what a stock internal one looks like while i was educating you and others about nissan motors.

also, something very unrelated to the previous paragraphs, check out how dumb this woman is in this phone conversation with an alleged mechanic. Its hilarious audio.... http://home.cablelynx.com/~bryant/duhhh.asf

Originally posted by rip

i cant believe u think that engine and stocc turobo will pull threw all gears to run a 12 with boosted psi. an all whel drive gsx boosting 16 on a 20 pound turbo wont run that. and your saying that that will. ahahahahahahahahahahah.

yeah, its funny because i've met your 20psi turbo friends at the track. Remember, traction is everything. Met a kid in a gst running 14.7 on street tires with 19psi. He was shocked when i told him i was only running 7psi with a boost leak in my piping, and ended up asking me for launching tips. Just for you, i'm going to scan some of my time slips. They are not the 13 second ONE, because i only broke it once, and will again now that my ride is fixed, but they are low low 14 seconds. I ain't know bullshitter. The mods on my ride are different than when i hit those times. Now, i have no cat, with 3" piping straight through, Clutch masters Stage 1 clutch replacing a shitty ass ACT 6 puck clutch that was too harsh for everyday driving and blew the gears on my jdm tranny, HKS Super sequential BOV, Jim Wolfe Technology upgraded ECU, K&N air filter (whoop dee doo). And also the best upgraded anyone could have, is power to weight ratio. The swap is in one of the lightest sentras you could buy in 1991-94. Thats why the crap ass eclipses are slow. THEY ARE HEAVY!

I'll post my slips as soon as gnes puts them through his FTP, cause mine is being horribly dumb. Gnes... you have mail.

Archived