LA MTA bombing

Esai

Has anyone done anything in the way of bombin any metro or Mta trains and cars in LA? I ride it to work sometimes and I notice some graffitt poppin up.Plus I was driving thru South east downtown and found the subway car yard, but its all lit up and fenced off and theres a cop sitting in the parking lot, and there is a highass tower I guess to see the whole spot,i think with the growing rail systems and La getting more bombed would equal more train spots, or spots to look at from trains. Some of my pals got some spots along the routes, and rode the line just to check em out, it was pretty cool to do and Id advise tryin it,maybe it will be the next big thing in LA.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, their carving out A new rail system cuz LA is too fucken congested and I could see a new graff scene emerging around the line routes and shit.I dont know how cool it is to bomb the trains in LA though. the blue line goes thru South CENTRAL AND iVE seen plenty of spots

i would think LA has their trains on lock...they gotta be the biggest graff haters on the west coast.....but the along the lines will get wrecked im sure....anybody got into the subway tunnels yet? I would love to go hit some walls on the blue line...in South Central of all places...

The only subway goes from downtown to hoolywood, only LA blows all ftheir mass transit on a fucken subway to cart aroundtourists from olvera st. to hollywood while all the poor brown people are stuck on the bus. All the other lines are gonna be above ground on the street like the blue line. This is very dangerous, but no one cares cuz these lines go thru the ghettos. theres a new line goin to pasadena and theyre gonna put one thru Eastlos and the west side, which means plenty of street spots.Its about fucken time

once those rail lines get put in and the trains run out to the suburban valleys and hills the underpasses and buildings facing the tracks will get lit up like a christmas tree, were im from the rail lines are fuckin rocked hard. im actually surprised it took l.a so long to realize they need a rail system to relieve that rush hour freeway insanity.

I have a friend that moved out here from New York and he always talks about doing this. What I learned from my conversations with him is that people in LA and New York have very different concepts about what spots are important to hit. He's more into in-your-face street bombing and clean trains. People out here in LA are a bunch of fame whores and they want to paint anything that will run for a long time (the back of billboards, etc), if not, they want to hit something that tons of people will see in a short period of time (freeways). I really think it could be done, and I'm sure it has been done, but people out here seem a lot more concerned with painting the city.

Where there's a will, there's a way...

that subway has got to be the biggest waste of money ever...i rode it last time i was there, the districts it serves are crappy, i mean hollywood is cool if your a grimey cat like myself, but if i was a tourist i would not be in hollywood, id be at the getty and what not....

and whats the point of being able to go to holly wood from downtown except for the handfull of commuters it serves...and the stations are fucking gay.....

plus the rtd is no where near where it needs to be, i feel you cause i take the bus and live in a dense, rich urban area, meaning the bus systems hear are so fucking wack, they dont even have service on sundays......at least we have transit rail lines........

i hear exactly what your saying esai, allthough riding the train after a drink and smoke and looking at graff is so enjoyable....we had a rail line in the other city i lived in and it went past this old factory on a elevated tressel and we were up on the factory rooftop..a very old decayed factory at that...it looked cool

is that nazi reardon the mayor there still.....that white facist mother fucker....im constantly amazed at white rich people manage to stick theirs heads up their asses so far, must be somthing they are born into.....

next time im in LA, drinks and train ride are on me Esai, if your down...

Originally posted by Esai

The only subway goes from downtown to hoolywood, only LA blows all ftheir mass transit on a fucken subway to cart aroundtourists from olvera st. to hollywood while all the poor brown people are stuck on the bus. All the other lines are gonna be above ground on the street like the blue line. This is very dangerous, but no one cares cuz these lines go thru the ghettos. theres a new line goin to pasadena and theyre gonna put one thru Eastlos and the west side, which means plenty of street spots.Its about fucken time

oh fuck yeah, just tell me when and where and Ill swoop you up dog. I actually am tryng to get into the MTA to get some semblence of public transit to LA.I remember hearing people bitch at the transit in the East bay, that shit made me laugh, I'd marvel at the concept of a bus every few minutes, a unknown idea in LA.I got some connects and the dulo was that thev old mayor bradley gave all the rail contracts to his friends who ransacked that shit. There was enough cash to build a whole vast rail system in LA and they blew it on on fucken crappyy subway.LA has probably has one of the best records in the world at fuckin over the poor while serving the rich.If your into that stuff read city of quartz and magical urbanism by mike davis. Usually I bore heads when I start on public transit or urban planning. I fucken hate driving especially in LA.

its on then, i should be down in the next couple of months...

my pops was telling me somthing about LA in 40s and 50s used to have a excellent bus system, pretty much a giant grid of busses so it was easy and effective...

that subway is so fucking retarded...definitley those funds were used to make a some bullshit tourist status symbol instead a effective lightrail system which is perfect for LA.

i feel you on the transit planning, i would love to be transit planner..i got hemmed with a nasty case when i was younger, so im going on mid twentys ands still dont even drive...but at least i aint worryin about dui's...and besides that...cars and freeways are RETARDED..convieneint yes..but thats gotta be the most unpatriotic thing, cause all it does is build a bigger dependency on foriegn oil...i could bitch about cars FOREVER but...I was thinking about becoming a train driver..but all that access to the yards...that might be bit to tempting...we got a huge transit lay up close to me....so fucking tempting. someday someday....

thanks for the suggestion on the book, ill check it out for sure...

My grandpa told me lA had a pretty good trolley system( like in SF) called the redcar that was real good.I think they even designed a lot of freeways to follow old red car routes. I heard that a lot of it was dismantled due to LA politicians being in bed with car manufacturers, there was even a KCET special about how GM helped to dismantle public transportation in a lot of US cities. They basically tore up half of east lA to put in the freeways and then the big sherriffs station and jail right in the middle of one of the densest populated areas of the city.

Im kinda buzzed so dont mind the ramble....

yeah, I could see gm doing some scantless shit like that...im constantly amazed at how the allmighty dollar overpowers general common sense and whats worse is the congress endorses that shit....finally the voting generations are starting to reflect the the will of the people. Anyway I could go on in regards to the frustrations about a minority capitolist class governing in the name of corporate and monetary intrests..so called family values...rahhhhhhhh...shit bugs me really severly.

A effective transit system should be the shining possesion of any modern city. Unfortunatley NYC seems to be the only one that got that one right. Besides cars provide the neccessary insulation to pretend everthing is ok when your rolling through areas that are the proof that racist and greed based agendas are still running things.

I completely agree,I tripped out when i learned that lobbying is a form of speach.The government constantly exercises the right to outright squash any form of free speach when its concerning people getting fed up of being screwed over, but when it comes to helping out the poor, their hands are tied. Especially now with all that terrorism bullshit which is an excuse to bulldoze over our rights.What was Bush's first action? give the rich some tax breaks to "stimulate the economy". We spend 200+ billion on corporate welfare and less than a quarter of that on social welfare. This fucken moron is roobin the country in the name of the rich and so far all Americans have done is bend over with a smile. Our whole ssystem of govt is made to fuckus over while telling us about the democratic ideals its supposed to represent, fucken neo colonists.The white man's lies will eventually fuck him over,He divided and conquered the brown man using racism and now that he is on top he is dividing by class rather than race, further alienating all but a few. i feel it began with serfdom and the feudal system. The smartest move is filling our head with all the bullshit we learn in school training a new generation of fodder for the military and slave wage jobs.I'm Indian and I truly believe the best form of human social grouping and the closest thing man has come to democracy, is tribalism.Sorry i rambled off the subject.

I'm right there with you. Its beyond me how the united states gets up in every other countrys business, yet is one of the biggest human rights violators in the world, ie: largest population of non violent prisoners WORLD WIDE. The fact that george bush, a former cocain abuser born in to wealth managed to obtain the position of power in this country through the fact that good old boys can still rig elections destroyed any semblance of faith I had left in the goverment. Social welfare is vital, the constiuents of this country deserve every cent, that is the only redeeming factor to make up for the fact that a mear two hundred years ago, we massacared the indiginous people of their native land and came to power with the fuel of slave labor, a atrocity that still is clear in the modern day allthough the goverment is yet to make restitution for even its racist actions from this century alone. I had this pipe dream a while back on seeking political asylum in a different country to bring crimes against humanity charges against the united states in the united nations in regards the fact that not one but two cultures have been massacared in the name of white greed.

hit me with a email Esai...we should chat on aim.

I don't live in LA. Never been there. Chances of me getting out that far are slim. But I really enjoyed reading all that about the transit system out there. We're getting a light rail here soon.. that could be interesting.

I completely agree,I tripped out when i learned that lobbying is a form of speach.The government constantly exercises the right to outright squash any form of free speach when its concerning people getting fed up of being screwed over, but when it comes to helping out the poor, their hands are tied. Especially now with all that terrorism bullshit which is an excuse to bulldoze over our rights.What was Bush's first action? give the rich some tax breaks to "stimulate the economy". We spend 200+ billion on corporate welfare and less than a quarter of that on social welfare. This fucken moron is roobin the country in the name of the rich and so far all Americans have done is bend over with a smile. Our whole ssystem of govt is made to fuckus over while telling us about the democratic ideals its supposed to represent, fucken neo colonists.The white man's lies will eventually fuck him over,He divided and conquered the brown man using racism and now that he is on top he is dividing by class rather than race, further alienating all but a few. i feel it began with serfdom and the feudal system. The smartest move is filling our head with all the bullshit we learn in school training a new generation of fodder for the military and slave wage jobs.I'm Indian and I truly believe the best form of human social grouping and the closest thing man has come to democracy, is tribalism.Sorry i rambled off the subject.

..it all us brits fault. I get serious jokes from the shit that I hear from the US government. America is like the school bully of the world. If any country gets too rowdy or wants to overthrow their corrupt government America steps in. Won't comply to America's demands? you get smacked. All these "rules" that America sets they break again and again. Pollution, censorship, human rights violations and more are available in the "land of the free". Shout "Fuck Bush" and move to England.....

What was the name of the video?I was thinking about catching them like that, or straight up rockin then in the day in the real hoody parts.People in LA always find ways to fuck shit up.Theres a high ass building in the front of the train yard, its oon the west side of the LA river by Santa Fe. I figure theres ways to fuck it up, Does anyone know how mobbed or scribede they get.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JoeHatesCops

id really like to see that msk video you guys were talking about but i doubt i ever will. but anyways this is the most fascinating article in trainspotting and i relaly wish i had somethins more interesting to say. but. I really like hearing the points of view of Esai and Glass etch

My grandpa told me lA had a pretty good trolley system( like in SF) called the redcar that was real good.I think they even designed a lot of freeways to follow old red car routes. I heard that a lot of it was dismantled due to LA politicians being in bed with car manufacturers, there was even a KCET special about how GM helped to dismantle public transportation in a lot of US cities. They basically tore up half of east lA to put in the freeways and then the big sherriffs station and jail right in the middle of one of the densest populated areas of the city.

Yeah I heard it was GM and the tire companies that did it in. Supposedly back in the 30s LA had more miles of light rail than any city on earth. They tore it up to make a buck at the publics expense I always wonder what downtown musta been like back then, when there was actually places to frequent down there and pedestrain friendly. Yeah that City of Quartz book is fascinating.

Archived