Depression Styles (good adhesives)

B_As_In_Bot

Depression Style - Its how Im going to start living. Ive had the same hoodie for years now, and I keep refurbishing it. I no longer believe in being so materialistic as to buy the same thing, except new. When signs of wear and tear have shown themselves, Ive sewn my shit back together, it gets faded from the sun, stepped on by my feet, and so on.

okay, wait a minute let me explain some more:

I think the days of the depression should not before forgotten. I mean the united states nearly died, everyone was poor as fuck and went through many hardships just to continue. Nobody really wants to see that again, so me - just 1 person will make all those who were there relive those times through how I choose to live. In other words Im gonna attempt to relive the depression. It will require more research on my part, but hey Im just now starting this thing. My boots, I bought with my money, slightly over 100 simoleons..have finally reached the thier end. Or so the Modernized folk would say. Modern people would just buy another pair. I choose to refurbish them.

And thats what the meaning of this thread truly boils down to - A good adhesive. Now I got some free tires, They were just kind of sitting there.

Once I get my boots back from the shoe repairman I was planning on putting tire tread on the soles. The alternative was paying 65 dollars for some doc marten soles, which because of personal reasons I could never agree to doing.

Now all I need is a good adhesive, I was thinking krazy glue. Someone I talked to also suggested I ask the guy at the shop, but hell probably just try and rip me off. Has anyone done this before? any tips? Please people - come forth with some names of good adhesives!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

krazy glue and sftuff like that turns hard and crysty-- no good for something that needs to flex... try Barge (although it's really toxic and illegal in some states now i think) or maybe a glue gun... asking the shoe guy couldn't hurt tho... or maybe someone in a fabric store...

most of my clothes are full of patches and redone seams and shit... i bought new pants for the first time in a few years a couple of weeks ago...

rubber cement? actual cement? try stapling from the inside.

this sounds like a good idea. i might join you. problem: right now i'm in a very indulgent state and i hate myself. and this style would interfere with my ability to get cheap sex.

Archived